Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Ok so just to add more confusion into the mix, my dad's friend is involved in training in g'ville. He said last night that as far as he was aware everything was still going ahead as planned :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

lolli-j wrote: »
    Ok so just to add more confusion into the mix, my dad's friend is involved in training in g'ville. He said last night that as far as he was aware everything was still going ahead as planned :confused:

Aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! :mad:

I hate this stupid process! It's not good for my health! :rolleyes:

Lolli, I really want your dad's friend to be right.

carlty888 wrote: »
    Aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! :mad:

I hate this stupid process! It's not good for my health! :rolleyes:

Lolli, I really want your dad's friend to be right.

Yea me too, he's fairly senior but suppose that means nothing!

He said my most hated phrase of the moment 'Try to put it out of your head for now.' :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Just spoke with Ext Appts/Recruitment, they said there would be a delay until the beginning of April after the Dec 28th course however, on the bright side they will still be offering 440 places and courses will be running every 5 weeks from April. When asked how we can find out if aything changes I was told anybody concerned would receive written confirmation regarding a start date. (approx 8 weeks notice)
    I figure if the courses are now running in line with the financial year - Apr to Apr then 440 people will be split into 10 courses of 44, but i suppose as we don't know how they load the courses it doesn't give us a clue who'll be going first?
    Not long to wait.................... next calls should be going out end of January for the April start!
    Recruitment also asked me if carlty would be calling today!

1978SD

1979SD wrote: »
    Just spoke with Ext Appts/Recruitment, they said there would be a delay until the beginning of April after the Dec 28th course however, on the bright side they will still be offering 440 places and courses will be running every 5 weeks from April. When asked how we can find out if aything changes I was told anybody concerned would receive written confirmation regarding a start date. (approx 8 weeks notice)
    I figure if the courses are now running in line with the financial year - Apr to Apr then 440 people will be split into 10 courses of 44, but i suppose as we don't know how they load the courses it doesn't give us a clue who'll be going first?
    Not long to wait.................... next calls should be going out end of January for the April start!
    Recruitment also asked me if carlty would be calling today!

1978SD

Hahaha. You're funny! :pac: :P

I suppose I have pestered the poor folks up in Recruitment. :o

Do you suffer from schizophrenia? You signed your post as 1978SD yet your user name is 1979SD. 79 was a good year! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Just messing with you - i'm grateful for all the info you supplied,
    and no, just have the one personality but the chubbiest fingers in the world it would seem!

1979SD wrote: »
    Just messing with you - i'm grateful for all the info you supplied,
    and no, just have the one personality but the chubbiest fingers in the world it would seem!

I thought you were kidding, but you still induced some kind of paranoia. "They're on to me!" :eek:

Thanks for putting the call through though. I'm sure Recruitment were glad to hear a new voice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Morning all.

Just thinking (now theres a first) if intakes are going to be suspended until april does that mean that any future medical dates are likely to be held back as well. Its unlikely that im going to get a med date but was just wondering.

PYG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

has anyone considered that c14 recruitment strategy might be the new "norm"? i mean the break frm dec to april might be to get the intakes in line with the tax year. that would make more sense as they could do some calculations to the budget for the next campaign.

also if this was to be the new norm it would explain why some folks are sayin it'll go ahead as normal, while others are sayin april is the next one.

i guess we could all speculate till the cows come home but the best thing to do is ... wait for it lolli j....

"TRY TO PUT IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD FOR NOW"

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ?if hadnt shaved my head for the med i would have it pulled out from the frustration. oh well

also just thot (although il prob get told off for creating a new reply rather than editing my last statement) with the break from december it would be a waste of money for the training officers to be doing very little training. therefore it could be possible they will be retraining officers or go for training themselves, after all the psni training did come under fire a month back.

thats the most times ive used the word training in any paragraph ever. if i get into gv i think ill be busing to and fro. il be doing plenty of training at gv.

• Advertisement

Your last two posts made sense. You feeling ok? :pac:

Just kidding. :D

We may well be in for a long haul. It's taken me about three years to get to this point. What's another few months? :rolleyes:

Penis Eye wrote: »

i guess we could all speculate till the cows come home but the best thing to do is ... wait for it lolli j....

"TRY TO PUT IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD FOR NOW"

Well that's just mean! Although what you did sya about the new norm does kind've make sense :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

You know its getting to the stage that I'm so fed up of the whole mess that I don't really care what happens now. I'm so stressed about it that the best thing to do is to wash my hands of it for now.

I've accepted that no-one has any idea what is going on, not even PSNI themselves, so I'm just going to forget about it.

And I am guessing you're right anyway. If any of us boardies were going in in december we shoulda heard by now because it soon won't even leave a month to give notice. And that's even if there actually IS a december intake, which no one seems to know either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

i think i agree with you here, the whole thing is so confusing and no one knows whats going on, we should just forget about the whole thing and take each day as it comes

im in the same boat where im exremley fed up, and its also taken me near 3 years to get to this point

lets all just chill out, grab a big massive book, kick the feet up and let the police worry about everything

at the end of the day, there is still going to be a load of people going in, in april and as said before we have all been waiting since march to even get this far so what is another couple of months really????

by the time christmas and new year is over and we all get over our serious hangovers, it wont be long till the calls start to go out!!!!

everybody.................. SMILEEEEEEEEE

we are lucky enough to get this far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

I emailed the Policing Board yesterday asking for some clarity to be brought to the recruitment process. I compared it it other UK police recruitment and asked them to find out when intakes are going ahead, and if it was their decision to postpone intakes until April leaving over 1000 people in limbo etc etc. I have recieved an acknowledgement of my email but perhaps if a few others asked similar questions they might address the matter quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TOWNBOSS

MORRI wrote: »
    I emailed the Policing Board yesterday asking for some clarity to be brought to the recruitment process. I compared it it other UK police recruitment and asked them to find out when intakes are going ahead, and if it was their decision to postpone intakes until April leaving over 1000 people in limbo etc etc. I have recieved an acknowledgement of my email but perhaps if a few others asked similar questions they might address the matter quickly.

Excellent idea Morri. Post their e-mail address and i will certainly do so...and surely some of the boardies will row in behind you also?!:);)

Would seem to be a more constructive use of our collective intellect rather than being on here speculating and hypothesising....:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Thought I might throw this in to mess everyone up. I was speaking to a new recruit a couple of days ago who applied during campaign 10 and has just come out of training. He is due to commence his first station early in the new year!!! Not sure what his delay was in starting training...didnt get talking to him long enough and there was other people around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

TOWNBOSS wrote: »
    Excellent idea Morri. Post their e-mail address and i will certainly do so...and surely some of the boardies will row in behind you also?!:);)

Would seem to be a more constructive use of our collective intellect rather than being on here speculating and hypothesising....:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:
    email address for NI Policing Board information@nipolicingboard.org.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Does anybody know how/where Given1 is?

Hope he recovered OK from op.

MBC x

yeah were is given1. get well soon.

the boards are slow tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

i was actually thinking about him the other day, im sure hes fine!!! he had better be.

ugh, ive an assignemnt due at 11 and im only just starting it lol

smyff wrote: »
    i was actually thinking about him the other day, im sure hes fine!!! he had better be.

ugh, ive an assignemnt due at 11 and im only just starting it lol

gud luck. try not to use toomany abvs or acronyms. lol

all this waiting has burst my bubble....i've caved and applied to perm position in my current job. My life is over :(

ps. i'm well aware of how dramatic that sounds!!

Penis Eye wrote: »
    gud luck. try not to use toomany abvs or acronyms. lol

lol. cheers. ive done 1 page so far, got distracted lol

lol. cheers. ive done 1 page so far, got distracted lol

Bet you wish you had started it when you blagged a day off college in aid of assignments!!!!!

Ps please say that was you said that to me the other day!!:o

heres what i did lol. tell me what you think.

hmmm it wont let me upload tunes :(

Bet you wish you had started it when you blagged a day off college in aid of assignments!!!!!

Ps please say that was you said that to me the other day!!:o

lol indeed it was :D. and i took yesterday off aswell to do it. but i ended up farting around!

lol indeed it was :D. and i took yesterday off aswell to do it. but i ended up farting around!

I used to do that all the time. Used to start the P's on the first day cause they were usually something that a primary school child would do ie a spider diagram. Then the D's were usually Uni level sh!t.

I used to do that all the time. Used to start the P's on the first day cause they were usually something that a primary school child would do ie a spider diagram. Then the D's were usually Uni level sh!t.

lol i dont even know what your on about

just went to the continential marktet and skipped class. i feel pretty juiced

juiced whgt a word

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

lol had a bit too much to drink then-typing mistake says it all eh? lol

Advertisement