Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

lol had a bit too much to drink then-typing mistake says it all eh? lol

lol i only spelt one word wrong :D time for a dander to the shop for sweeties ===DDD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

smyff wrote: »
    lol i only spelt one word wrong :D time for a dander to the shop for sweeties ===DDD

3 words actually

continential= continental

marktet = market

and whgt = what

but who's counting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

lol i dont even know what your on about

just went to the continential marktet and skipped class. i feel pretty juiced

juiced whgt a word

Ok some maybe your college doesnt mark assignments they way mine did.

P=Pass Criteria
    M= Merit Criteria
    D= Distinction Criteria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

1979SD wrote: »
    Just spoke with Ext Appts/Recruitment, they said there would be a delay until the beginning of April after the Dec 28th course however, on the bright side they will still be offering 440 places and courses will be running every 5 weeks from April. When asked how we can find out if aything changes I was told anybody concerned would receive written confirmation regarding a start date. (approx 8 weeks notice)
    I figure if the courses are now running in line with the financial year - Apr to Apr then 440 people will be split into 10 courses of 44, but i suppose as we don't know how they load the courses it doesn't give us a clue who'll be going first?
    Not long to wait.................... next calls should be going out end of January for the April start!
    Recruitment also asked me if carlty would be calling today!

1978SD

Sorry to bandwagon jump but I rang recruitment too. They told me that they could definately not give me any information regarding intake dates but that the process was 'undergoing a review' and that they will be making the full 440 appointments. My merit number has also improved by 3 too. Funny that.

Its all highly confusing

Ok some maybe your college doesnt mark assignments they way mine did.

P=Pass Criteria
    M= Merit Criteria
    D= Distinction Criteria

lol i think it was just lots of effort for me to read. they go though the same board in englind. yeah P is easy and merit is too. havent had any which require D yet but i dare say that if you stick your head down its easy. our lectures basically give us everything! its good ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

cpn wrote: »
    Sorry to bandwagon jump but I rang recruitment too. They told me that they could definately not give me any information regarding intake dates but that the process was 'undergoing a review' and that they will be making the full 440 appointments. My merit number has also improved by 3 too. Funny that.

Its all highly confusing

thanks for the info cpn,
    would like to check and see what my merit score is now, though i was happy enough with it last time and I don't wanna get some angry person growling at me for asking them!!

thanks for the info cpn,
    would like to check and see what my merit score is now, though i was happy enough with it last time and I don't wanna get some angry person growling at me for asking them!!

The lady was really friendly but said that all she could tell me was my merit number, vetting and medical info, nothing else.

Im def not ringing again though. Dont want to push my luck.

I thought that sending an email to recruitment seeking some clarification was a good idea too, so I did!

When i rang recruitment the girl wouldnt tell me anything about a medical! Not fair!! Maybe she just didnt want to tell me i wouldnt be getting one.

lol i think it was just lots of effort for me to read. they go though the same board in englind. yeah P is easy and merit is too. havent had any which require D yet but i dare say that if you stick your head down its easy. our lectures basically give us everything! its good ****.

What you studying? I did a BTEC National Diploma in Health Studies. Apparently its one of the hardest to do. So they say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

cpn wrote: »

Its all highly confusing

So does anyone think that might mean intakes will go forward before April? Or am I being overly optimistic? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

I would imagine if there's no budget there'll be no more courses! April marks the new financial year so it would make sense to start the training again then. sorry to sound so depressing, but it's not too long to wait - the calls for april should go out at the end of January fingers crossed, so just get through xmas and let the phone calls roll in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

I can't see phone calls going out that early, they normally only give 5 weeks notice, I always hear! I hope so though!

The only consistent bit of information people have got from Recruitment is that there will be the full 440 appointments! fingers/everything crossed!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Well at least i've stopped clinging to my phone in hope!!

sure the wait will be worth it in the end, just have to sit back relax and enjoy the stress free job I have at the minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

integra1 wrote: »
    I can't see phone calls going out that early, they normally only give 5 weeks notice, I always hear! I hope so though!

The only consistent bit of information people have got from Recruitment is that there will be the full 440 appointments! fingers/everything crossed!!!!

5 weeks notice, if you're lucky! If someone defers leaving a space free, the person called up as a replacement could get much less.

What you studying? I did a BTEC National Diploma in Health Studies. Apparently its one of the hardest to do. So they say!!

electronical engineering. its pretty easy. we do the assignements in class lol

The way I see it the whole problem has been caused by Hugh Orde's budget. He was legally obliged to present a balanced budget and the only way he could do this was to produce one that was full of cut backs.

This budget does not have to have anything to do with the realities of what money should be spent and where, it just has to balance. I.e. he could not say we are going to do a,b and c and loose x million.

Does this make any sense? Correct me if im wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fifty50

Firstly I hope to be in a position to give notice but secondly I'd hope to get more than 5 weeks. I'm sure like most people I need to give my employers 4 weeks notice but if I got say 8 weeks notice I'd give in four and then head off for a holiday.

Priorities in reverse order...current job...holiday...get into GV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

i hear ya.........im living in london at the mo so would fully appreciate more than 5 weeks!!!! although 5 weeks would just about be do-able. just about!

got my medical on tuesday...i don't wanna be weighed :( my bmi is something i could live without knowing right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

oh aye........i went to see the film 'hunger' last night. has anyone else here seen it/want to see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fifty50

I've seen some reviews and it's seems to get quite good ones, not sure if it's still on general release here - might go and see Changling soon...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Don't suppose anyone out there is clued up on the PSNI pension? I'm trying to find out how much you would have to contribute and what the current pension stands at at the moment? It's very sad of me to ask i know but i'm hoping there's someone out there equally sad who can tell me the answer! Us nerds have to stick together!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

how do you find these things smyffo boyo???!!! lol :p

squirrel81 wrote: »
    how do you find these things smyffo boyo???!!! lol :p

dunno lol

how about this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9Ny7Tme2Y

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rqDBQ72GM&feature=related

i have the songs on mp3 and in a cd in my car. i love this theme.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4oY3FqGBKDw&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fyWLGfxn6R0&feature=related (that is some cracker trance right there)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lR438vV6YoY

i bet all the pill heads would listen to this sorta music and get their heads fryed. its too extreme i love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Duuuuude, you have waaaaay too much time on your hands! :D

Check out this catchy wee tune...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DpA2tMrQ4RU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

As long as were posting catchy tunes check this out... still makes me laugh!!

:D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LzHcM_rho - TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

As long as were posting catchy tunes check this out... still makes me laugh!!

:D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LzHcM_rho - TV.

LOL
    Awesome!!

hahahahhha insane **** like. we are crazy

lol this happened up the street from me, i thought it was the milkman so i looked out the window, i had to pay the bill for my ma. and when i looked outside i saw this

DSC00153.jpg

i just pissed myself laughing lol. but in the end i helped her tie it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

i just pissed myself laughing lol. but in the end i helped her tie it up

That's the PSNI spirit!! :P Laugh first, act later. :D

• Advertisement

MrFug wrote: »
    That's the PSNI spirit!! :P Laugh first, act later. :D

lol. it was the funniest thing ive saw in a long time

Advertisement