Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

MORRI wrote: »
    just got my PS3, "300" bluray, COD 5, bluray remote and an extra controller, got it home and watched the film before wifey got back:D
    I now have wifey convinced we need a new TV and sound system so now she wants to hit Currys a rattle on boxing day, HDTV here I come:):)

lol, i work for them. i would check online aswell as i think amazon are doing some cracker deals. i would try dixons online and see about paying for that 5quid delivery, cause sometimes it can be up to 100quid cheaper! with your PS3 and blue rays

get a 1080P (full HD) tv. an lg, samsung, panasonic if your minted (theyre sickkkkkkk. theyre plasma but they dont screen burn), or toshiba. remember to get your HDMI and optical leads aswell :) you dont want to be left without! and if you do go to currys, they might be a bit tight on the discount. they should offer you the insurance, whatever happens. you can take it out monthly and ring up and cancel it after 15days, so say if you take that, can you "do me something off mate? its a pretty good sale with all the stuff on it."

and please dont say, "500QUID, CASH IN HAND, WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME?" cause we hate that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

yesssssssssssssssss i just got the call

Penis Eye wrote: »

of duty 5 game on the ps3. happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

smyff wrote: »
    lol, i work for them. i would check online aswell as i think amazon are doing some cracker deals. i would try dixons online and see about paying for that 5quid delivery, cause sometimes it can be up to 100quid cheaper! with your PS3 and blue rays

get a 1080P (full HD) tv. an lg, samsung, panasonic if your minted (theyre sickkkkkkk. theyre plasma but they dont screen burn), or toshiba. remember to get your HDMI and optical leads aswell :) you dont want to be left without! and if you do go to currys, they might be a bit tight on the discount. they should offer you the insurance, whatever happens. you can take it out monthly and ring up and cancel it after 15days, so say if you take that, can you "do me something off mate? its a pretty good sale with all the stuff on it."

and please dont say, "500QUID, CASH IN HAND, WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME?" cause we hate that :D
    i have checked Amazon etc but you cant say to them "no i dont want insurance, if it breaks i will bring it back and throw it through your window!" that always brings a nervous smile which is worth the extra few quid:D I saw a nice samsung package, 37" 1080P, home cinema and stand for under £900 in Currys craigavon, cant find the same deal on their website though. 37" is big enough any bigger and I'd have to knock a hole into next door, I live in a box:(

The time of your post was a bit of a giveaway, though it would be nice to think they were working late just to help us all out!
    when i got COD 5 home it took all my willpower not to open it, I did update the software on the ps3 though to save a bit of time on xmas day:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

just got my PS3, "300" bluray, COD 5, bluray remote and an extra controller, got it home and watched the film before wifey got back:D
    I now have wifey convinced we need a new TV and sound system so now she wants to hit Currys a rattle on boxing day, HDTV here I come:):)

300 is AMAZING film! My boyf dressed as a Spartan for H'we'en, looked class.

P.S. I am Queen of Sparta!

The time of your post was a bit of a giveaway, though it would be nice to think they were working late just to help us all out!
    when i got COD 5 home it took all my willpower not to open it, I did update the software on the ps3 though to save a bit of time on xmas day:D

ull prob have to do it again cause hopefully home will be out. as for ur tv i cant stress enough how much it shrinks after a while. i got a 40 inch 1080p 15000:1 contrast ratio and my mate got a similar 37 inch one. his looks tiny everytime i go round his tv looks small to ;), also if u dont have a flat screen atm ull notice the extra space it gives u. gr8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

MORRI, if you've just got Blueray and PS3, you N E E D a HDTV.

Fo wrote: »
    MORRI, if you've just got Blueray and PS3, you N E E D a HDTV.
    I know, thats why I got the PS3;) though it plays fine on my current TV I will not mention this to wifey;);)

Fo wrote: »
    300 is AMAZING film! My boyf dressed as a Spartan for H'we'en, looked class.

P.S. I am Queen of Sparta!
    are you the one that knifed yer man? you'l do well at gville:eek:

• Advertisement

ull prob have to do it again cause hopefully home will be out. as for ur tv i cant stress enough how much it shrinks after a while. i got a 40 inch 1080p 15000:1 contrast ratio and my mate got a similar 37 inch one. his looks tiny everytime i go round his tv looks small to ;), also if u dont have a flat screen atm ull notice the extra space it gives u. gr8
    I looked at a 37 and 40 inch one beside each other and couldnt see any difference, might have to go back to seapark and demand to have my eyes retested

I looked at a 37 and 40 inch one beside each other and couldnt see any difference, might have to go back to seapark and demand to have my eyes retested

its a lot harder to tell when they r in the shop. im sure smyff will attest to that. if u get a retest ill prob double the amount of waitin ull have to do lol. i seen the package deal u lookin at and i think its a good dealio. dont forget ur 2% off from the b******s!

its a lot harder to tell when they r in the shop. im sure smyff will attest to that. if u get a retest ill prob double the amount of waitin ull have to do lol. i seen the package deal u lookin at and i think its a good dealio. dont forget ur 2% off from the b******s!
    They were right beside each other and i thought they were the same, that wont change when i take it home cos i dont think they'll let me have both of them just to prove one of them is bigger:D
    Although if i can find Smiffy i might be able to persuade him (pretend i work in recruitment and can get him in ;))
    I like the reason for editting by the way

i have checked Amazon etc but you cant say to them "no i dont want insurance, if it breaks i will bring it back and throw it through your window!" that always brings a nervous smile which is worth the extra few quid:D I saw a nice samsung package, 37" 1080P, home cinema and stand for under £900 in Currys craigavon, cant find the same deal on their website though. 37" is big enough any bigger and I'd have to knock a hole into next door, I live in a box:(

hahaha saying that, our tv messed up but we is getting it fixed through the manufacture,...

i dunno what the 37 is. online it doesnt say it could be a 37a656 or its the 37a556 with tall speakers i dunno. the stands sweet and so is the HTK and TV aslong as its one of the full HD ones. the basic samsungs arent that good!

like penis eye said, when you get it home it looks big for a while then when you get used to it. if i saw a tv on its own i wouldnt know what it was, but side by side i could tell you a mile off. i think you should touch for a 40" tv and not let on tbh. my bro has a 37" LG and he just moved into a new flat, and its a big room so it looks good, but he could get a 42 or 40 inch in there no sweat.

get the 40"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Well folks, thats my application sent off to Greater Manchester Police. If the PSNI doesnt want me hopefully they will.

PS - if anyone else is interested the dead line is tomorrow, its only open 2 days this time.

hahaha saying that, our tv messed up but we is getting it fixed through the manufacture,...

i dunno what the 37 is. online it doesnt say it could be a 37a656 or its the 37a556 with tall speakers i dunno. the stands sweet and so is the HTK and TV aslong as its one of the full HD ones. the basic samsungs arent that good!

like penis eye said, when you get it home it looks big for a while then when you get used to it. if i saw a tv on its own i wouldnt know what it was, but side by side i could tell you a mile off. i think you should touch for a 40" tv and not let on tbh. my bro has a 37" LG and he just moved into a new flat, and its a big room so it looks good, but he could get a 42 or 40 inch in there no sweat.

get the 40"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0396715468.1229030549@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdjadeflmjhhelcflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&fm=12&sm=0&tm=1&sku=089736&category_oid=-34810

this one

Good luck PYG, you'll probably get an offer from both:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

Well folks, thats my application sent off to Greater Manchester Police. If the PSNI doesnt want me hopefully they will.

PS - if anyone else is interested the dead line is tomorrow, its only open 2 days this time.

Is there any problem applying to an english force at the same time as applying to the psni? Im sure that it is a less hellish process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

cpn wrote: »
    Is there any problem applying to an english force at the same time as applying to the psni? Im sure that it is a less hellish process

No probs at all. You CANT apply to more than one English/Welsh/Scottish force at a time, but you CAN however have a PSNI application running along side a UK one. If you pass the Ac, medical and interview you're in, no pool or 50:50, thank god.

On a slightly different subject, I had to go into the Ann Summers shop in Lisburn the other day for the first time. Oh my God they follow you and give demonstrations and describe how things work and I'm standing there saying "that's fine put it in a bag" and they hit another button and it starts spinning and I say " that's fine put it in a bag PLEASE!" and then they hit another button and it starts jumping up and down and I say "Brilliant, just what I always wanted, now put IT IN THE F****** BAG! NOT THAT BLOODY ANN SUMMERS BAG, PUT IT IN MY PERFUME SHOP BAG!" and she says "do you want some batteries?" and I run out of the shop screaming .........
    i hope wifey likes it, cos there's no way I am going back into that shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

On a slightly different subject, I had to go into the Ann Summers shop in Lisburn the other day for the first time. Oh my God they follow you and give demonstrations and describe how things work and I'm standing there saying "that's fine put it in a bag" and they hit another button and it starts spinning and I say " that's fine put it in a bag PLEASE!" and then they hit another button and it starts jumping up and down and I say "Brilliant, just what I always wanted, now put IT IN THE F****** BAG! NOT THAT BLOODY ANN SUMMERS BAG, PUT IT IN MY PERFUME SHOP BAG!" and she says "do you want some batteries?" and I run out of the shop screaming .........

I know how that feels Morri i went in last christmas for the wife i aint never going back!!!!!;) well maybe once more hehehehehe!!:D

• Advertisement

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    I know how that feels Morri i went in last christmas for the wife i aint never going back!!!!!;) well maybe once more hehehehehe!!:D
    I didn't look around too much but i deffinitely didn't see any wives for sale, was she in the blow up section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

I didn't look around too much but i deffinitely didn't see any wives for sale, was she in the blow up section?

She deffinitely was!! hehe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

ooooh i hope that your wife has asked for summat out of ann summers from her santy claus list..... take it from me, peggy sue's papa spent a fortune in there one year, am no prude now, but i was not too chuffed with what was wrapped up if you know what i mean!!!!! always think twice when it comes to the wife's xmas presents!!!!!!:):D (not that i would be shallow and really love sparkly things that come from the jewellers in ickle boxes!!!!)

ooooh i hope that your wife has asked for summat out of ann summers from her santy claus list..... take it from me, peggy sue's papa spent a fortune in there one year, am no prude now, but i was not too chuffed with what was wrapped up if you know what i mean!!!!! always think twice when it comes to the wife's xmas presents!!!!!!:):D (not that i would be shallow and really love sparkly things that come from the jewellers in ickle boxes!!!!)
    Well she didnt exactly ask for it but she did break the last one!
    i have no idea what yours was wrapped up with I think I'll just go for wrapping paper, I think we are beyond the sparkly things and have moved on to the slippery rubbery things:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Four (possibly seven) new vacancies in the PSNI then.

Committing a crime is stupid enough. Recording it though... that really takes the biscuit!

carlty888 wrote: »
    Four (possibly seven) new vacancies in the PSNI then.

Committing a crime is stupid enough. Recording it though... that really takes the biscuit!

hecktick isnt it lol

heres a bangin tune for the ladies!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kEvE_04x-xI

holy **** i just had to pay 61quid at the dentist. ****kkkkkkk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 FudgeBrock

holy **** i just had to pay 61quid at the dentist. ****kkkkkkk

I know what u mean mate- got one of my wisdom teeth out the other day and it cost a bomb. It was terrible- the dentist had to practically straddle me to get it out. So painful but the xmas party drinking helped with that.

Im surprised they dont check your teeth as part of the medical. Are the condition of your teeth not a good reflection of your overall health??:D

• Advertisement

FudgeBrock wrote: »
    It was terrible- the dentist had to practically straddle me to get it out.

So thats what my wife is upto, she has the same trouble getting mine out but I didnt realise she was checking my teeth, they must have deep roots judging from her starting point:D

Advertisement