Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

PYG, you left me off your happy christmas wishes list!:( ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

PYG, you left me off your happy christmas wishes list!:( ;)

PSM, darling, you were in the 'boardies' part of my merry christmas wishing. :cool:

PS- did Peggy-Sue get a wee stweaky toy for chrimbo?

PSM, darling, you were in the 'boardies' part of my merry christmas wishing. :cool:

PS- did Peggy-Sue get a wee stweaky toy for chrimbo?

Darling, i expect a mention by name! Ha ha only yoking, hope you had a lovely xmas yerself..... peggy was a spoiled girl, between a new collar, some bling for the new collar (did you know you can get charm necklaces for dogs!), turkey dinners and lots of doggy chocs... it's a flipping dogs life i tell ya!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Darling, i expect a mention by name! Ha ha only yoking, hope you had a lovely xmas yerself..... peggy was a spoiled girl, between a new collar, some bling for the new collar (did you know you can get charm necklaces for dogs!), turkey dinners and lots of doggy chocs... it's a flipping dogs life i tell ya!!!! :D

you ladies talkin' bout a dog? I've just bathed my pup & combed him infront of the fire! He's all pampered & sittin on my lap as I type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

My best friends wee puppy got killed yesterday. :(

• Advertisement

aww poor wee pup.... hope it didn't suffer too much.

i cannot bear to think of my peggy not being my shadow, i read marley and me, had me in wrinkles laughing, got to the end chapters whil getting my hair done, actually let out a wee sob! Me thinks film will have to be a dvd so i can get myself into a right old state with only me other half to laugh at me (tho he cried at the end of the book as well!)

Fo, what type is your pup, wish mine was still small enough to bath and sit on me knee (she does still try to get on my lap, but she weighs 4 sodding stone!):D, not a chance now, we'd need a hoist!!! She is very smelly at the minute, stinks of mud and mackerel fillet, insists on licking my face any chance she gets.... am such a vain owner, i actually spray her with perfume, at the minute she is using dolce and gabbana!!!!!! (this will probably get me into trouble with someone on the boards after admitting that!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

:([/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Fo, what type is your pup, wish mine was still small enough to bath and sit on me knee (she does still try to get on my lap, but she weighs 4 sodding stone!):D, not a chance now, we'd need a hoist!!! She is very smelly at the minute, stinks of mud and mackerel fillet, insists on licking my face any chance she gets.... am such a vain owner, i actually spray her with perfume, at the minute she is using dolce and gabbana!!!!!! (this will probably get me into trouble with someone on the boards after admitting that!)

He's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel! He's a wee gem, I love him so much! Can't beleive yours is 4stone! Wow! Mines 7lbs - small breed. What breed is Peggy Sue? It's so funny you give your dog scent too!, we spritz him with Jean Paul Gaultier on occasion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

i got a wee puppy 4 years ago, he was so small and cute then he started to grow then he kept on growing and now he is a nice even 8 stone and the biggest german shepherd I have ever seen, the funny thing is when I went to collect him he was the last one left so god knows how big the rest of the litter were since the last one is usually the runt:confused:

I'd love to get into dog handling if i ever get into the peelers, amazing what they can do, and all for the love of a tennis ball!

My pup is a yellow lab.... the smartest yet goofiest animal i have ever met....she can hear the kitchen cupboards being opened from the bottom of the garden, amazing! She is a big dope, scared of everything, her reflection, the hoover, grill, iron, hairdryer, ghd straightners, the bathroom tap running, candles burning, the hose pipe and strangers, she tries to climb up into my arms! for such a boisterous dog she certainly be a big scaredy cat. Sadly we cannot breed from her, she took an infection in her womb after her heat Oct 07 and developed a pyometra which nearly killed her, had to have a hysterectomy... oh well, am just so pleased that she is still hear to steal my breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I'd love a german shepherd, they are beautiful dogs, but we have not enough space, peggy's casting of her coat drives me mental as it is, bloody tumbleweeds everywhere, poor old henry the hoover is worked very hard. I shudder to think how much hair one of those big hairy german shep lads would shed.

These doggy postings could nearly do with their own thread!:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

I'd love to get into dog handling if i ever get into the peelers,

It's incredibly hard to get into. I hear women rarely get in because the fitness test is so rigorous! :eek:

PandaPants wrote: »
    It's incredibly hard to get into. I hear women rarely get in because the fitness test is so rigorous! :eek:
    Fitness test for dog handler is tight ok, You carry the dog on your shoulders, lift it over fences etc. Girls have passed it and we have a few female dog handlers

TSG 15 wrote: »
    Fitness test for dog handler is tight ok, You carry the dog on your shoulders, lift it over fences etc. Girls have passed it and we have a few female dog handlers
    it's fairly similar to the TSG fitness test, isnt it? or did I just make that up, ask for a Jack Russell they weigh about the same as your average womans' handbag:D

MORRI wrote: »
    it's fairly similar to the TSG fitness test, isnt it? or did I just make that up,
    I was actually refering to the assessment week which takes place after you are initially accepted. Its a long hard week which lots pull out of after the first day.

Maybe you know otherwise, so TSG or not I aint going to argue with a guy who knows the weight of a ladies handbag

ask for a Jack Russell they weigh about the same as your average womans' handbag:D[/quote]

my makeup bag weighs about the same as an average jack russell! handbag, well, i'd say possibly weighs the same as a year old lab! I can carry alot on my shoulders!!! Selection test for dog handlers would be wee buns then ha ha.... seriously though, i have managed to clean up doggy diarrhoea and vomit and to brush my dogs teeth :D after she ate and rolled in cat sh**, ye gads that was desperately digusting, so if i can cope with that i think i can cope with anything!

TSG 15 wrote: »
    Maybe you know otherwise, so TSG or not I aint going to argue with a guy who knows the weight of a ladies handbag
    I dont know the exact weight but I have been hit by a few!
    I know nothing about PSNI dog handlers except they have dogs, so if you say there is more to it than TSG i believe you, after the week I've had on here I am never arguing with anyone again (well, next week at the earliest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

everyone have a happy new year :)

havent been on much cause ive been working pretty much everyday over xmas period, having xmas day off and thats it haha. congrats to penis eye

and when will the next lot of calls start coming out? im curious aswell to when recruitment would be back in work? so i can find out about my vetting. that is assuming they get off for xmas period!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

smyff wrote: »
    everyone have a happy new year :)

havent been on much cause ive been working pretty much everyday over xmas period, having xmas day off and thats it haha. congrats to penis eye

and when will the next lot of calls start coming out? im curious aswell to when recruitment would be back in work? so i can find out about my vetting. that is assuming they get off for xmas period!

Don't know if they got xmas off but I believe the 19th Jan is for the next load of calls for March :)

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Don't know if they got xmas off but I believe the 19th Jan is for the next load of calls for March :)
    Oh God are we there yet???
    how long can this bloody waiting go on for, i feel like a bit of water boarding just to take my mind off this waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Happy New Year fellow boardies

As the new year starts we normally start to think about booking our annual family holiday but obviously until I know if I'm to get a start date or a dear John I can't book anything. With kids, it's best to book early to try and get free child places and if I leave it too late we'll not be able to afford it.

Part of me is saying my merit number is too high to be offered a place (between 950 and 1050 RC) and to go ahead and book so we don't miss out on a holiday abroad this year for no reason, and the other part is saying I've passed everything (bar vetting which was ongoing when I last checked) so there's still a good chance I'll be offered a place so not to book. Sigh....what do you lot think? I know no-one knows for sure obviously, but do you think if you've been through medical etc and passed, and are being vetted then there's a good chance you'll be called, or is there still a high chance with the merit number I have that I could end up wastage and get a Dear John, and if so when is that likely to arrive? Just opinions I'm looking for, as I said I realise nobody can give me a definite answer, but perhaps those who have been through it before would have an idea where I stand at this stage?

Thanks x

• Advertisement

in your shoes i would go ahead and book it. if you get offered a start date which conflicts with the holiday you can always ask to defer and the tickets would be a good enough reason. if you do have to defer it is only adding another 5 weeks to your wait to get in, on the other hand you might not get a start date until August or later so your holiday may well be over and you'll be free to start anyway.

Yours Sincerely

Marjorie Proopps

in your shoes i would go ahead and book it. if you get offered a start date which conflicts with the holiday you can always ask to defer and the tickets would be a good enough reason. if you do have to defer it is only adding another 5 weeks to your wait to get in, on the other hand you might not get a start date until August or later so your holiday may well be over and you'll be free to start anyway.

Yours Sincerely

Marjorie Proopps

LOL thanks Marj :D

That sounds like a plan. I didn't think they'd let you defer because of a holiday and hubby would end up taking the kids on holiday on his own :eek:. I think I might just do that then!

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Happy New Beer!

Happy New Year fellow boardies

As the new year starts we normally start to think about booking our annual family holiday but obviously until I know if I'm to get a start date or a dear John I can't book anything. With kids, it's best to book early to try and get free child places and if I leave it too late we'll not be able to afford it.

Part of me is saying my merit number is too high to be offered a place (between 950 and 1050 RC) and to go ahead and book so we don't miss out on a holiday abroad this year for no reason, and the other part is saying I've passed everything (bar vetting which was ongoing when I last checked) so there's still a good chance I'll be offered a place so not to book. Sigh....what do you lot think? I know no-one knows for sure obviously, but do you think if you've been through medical etc and passed, and are being vetted then there's a good chance you'll be called, or is there still a high chance with the merit number I have that I could end up wastage and get a Dear John, and if so when is that likely to arrive? Just opinions I'm looking for, as I said I realise nobody can give me a definite answer, but perhaps those who have been through it before would have an idea where I stand at this stage?

Thanks x

Sods law dictates that if you have a holiday booked that you're looking forward to, you'll get in. :D

PandaPants wrote: »
    Sods law dictates that if you have a holiday booked that you're looking forward to, you'll get in. :D
    sods law, do we have to learn that one too?

sods law, do we have to learn that one too?
    :D:D:D:D:D

Well happy new year to everyone, while you are all out enjoying yourselves i am sat at home babysitting my granddaughter being told to get a life by very helpful trainees oh does life get any better:D

Well happy new year to everyone, while you are all out enjoying yourselves i am sat at home babysitting my granddaughter being told to get a life by very helpful trainees oh does life get any better:D

I'm home in bed. Alone. :(

I'm not feeling great and I want to be fighting fit for my wee jaunt to Vegas in January! And my training of course!!! :D:D

I am also at home. Far too old/cheap :D to be braving the mayhem of taxis/ridiculous entrance charges of NYE. Oh and the small matter of no chance in hell of a babysitter :P. Not that I'm too worried. Got the fire lit, the comfies on and enjoying the peace and quiet after far too many Christmas parties.

MBC x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

MATT DAMON

Advertisement