Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Lets bring a close to this off topic topic shall we?

Lets just say that :

-If someone wants to get invloved in that behaviour thats their choice and they can do what they like.

-Those who dont want to get involved wont.

Lets also remember Respect for Diversity- everyone is different and have different morals and beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

^^ what she said:D

Hi MrsGH :)

I would agree, except if I'm living and working with these people (a big IF I know) then their actions (if it's as bad as it sounds :eek:) could have an impact on my time in Garnerville and make me feel really uncomfortable. I'm not a prude at all but if I'm there for training and studying then I'd rather not have to worry about who in the squad is sleeping with who on a particular night and all the crap that goes with that in a living/work place (especially if they're married or with someone). I think it all sounds very immature and seedy and not what I would expect of future police officers. Obviously if 2 single student officers get into a relationship that is different - but for those who within 4 weeks can forget their partner at home and go around Garnerville like someone in heat - eughhhhhh.
    Sorry this is on this thread but I think a couple of posts on here may have started this whole debate so I didn't know where else to post it!

MBC x

Lets just say that :

-If someone wants to get invloved in that behaviour thats their choice and they can do what they like.

Lets also remember Respect for Diversity- everyone is different and have different morals and beliefs.

Sorry...was typing above message while you posted yours :eek:. My mouth (typing fingers) is now zipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Lets just say that :

can you not move this to the general thread as it obviously concerns a lot of people and affects how they think of garnerville. you cant just sweep it under the carpet and forget it exists!! you always see these programs on t.v. of people going into motels with a u.v. light and ultimatley you will find rather disgusting imagery. Im beginning to worry if GV is like this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Penis Eye wrote: »
    can you not move this to the general thread as it obviously concerns a lot of people and affects how they think of garnerville. you cant just sweep it under the carpet and forget it exists!! you always see these programs on t.v. of people going into motels with a u.v. light and ultimatley you will find rather disgusting imagery. Im beginning to worry if GV is like this!!!

You could always start a new thread.

C15 Garnerville - Who's up for it?! ;)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

It's all well and good saying it'll only effect you if you are the one doing the actual bed hopping or whatever, but what happens if you're stuck with a room mate who's at it at every opportunity? Surely that would affect your studies, and general happiness while in GV.

And from what I've heard of certain boardies, i wouldnt put it past some folk to be so inconsiderate. Again, not everybody acts this way, but its these decent people I'm worried about getting dragged down by the not so moral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

carlty888 wrote: »

hahaha! that made me laugh. someone do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Hi MrsGH :)

I would agree, except if I'm living and working with these people (a big IF I know) then their actions (if it's as bad as it sounds :eek:) could have an impact on my time in Garnerville and make me feel really uncomfortable. I'm not a prude at all but if I'm there for training and studying then I'd rather not have to worry about who in the squad is sleeping with who on a particular night and all the crap that goes with that in a living/work place (especially if they're married or with someone). I think it all sounds very immature and seedy and not what I would expect of future police officers. Obviously if 2 single student officers get into a relationship that is different - but for those who within 4 weeks can forget their partner at home and go around Garnerville like someone in heat - eughhhhhh.
    Sorry this is on this thread but I think a couple of posts on here may have started this whole debate so I didn't know where else to post it!

MBC x

IF I get through C15 at best I will be 37(:eek:) going into GV. I wont have the bloody energy for owt except keeping my head down and making the very best go I can of my dream job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

carlty888 wrote: »

Like it. Very good!

Happy to put the situation to bed now, after all I have known all of you for more than 4 weeks now!

Ali08 wrote: »
    It's all well and good saying it'll only effect you if you are the one doing the actual bed hopping or whatever, but what happens if you're stuck with a room mate who's at it at every opportunity? Surely that would affect your studies, and general happiness while in GV.

And from what I've heard of certain boardies, i wouldnt put it past some folk to be so inconsiderate. Again, not everybody acts this way, but its these decent people I'm worried about getting dragged down by the not so moral.

If that situation arose you'd just have to either have a quiet word in their ear and if that didnt work then take it higher. I wouldnt let anything interfere with training, especially as I will have bust a flipping gut to be there thanks to Mr Patten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

If that situation arose you'd just have to either have a quiet word in their ear and if that didnt work then take it higher. I wouldnt let anything interfere with training, especially as I will have bust a flipping gut to be there thanks to Mr Patten.

Is he the guy from ext appts? I think i spoke with him before!;)

This is just a wee tester post to see if i can successfully move posts to the general thread, so in other words ignore this post:rolleyes:

Yeah it worked, cheers TheNog

1979SD wrote: »
    Is he the guy from ext appts? I think i spoke with him before!;)

LOL Very good.:p

Testing 1 2 3

Seems fine to me PYG :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

anyone know when the may & june intake is and roughly when calls might start going out?? remember seeing a post about it but cant find it now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

not sure about May but the June intake is on the 21st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

nickni wrote: »
    anyone know when the may & june intake is and roughly when calls might start going out?? remember seeing a post about it but cant find it now :o

may intake is the 18th M8t, theyve now cancelled the June intake so the next intake is in July which maura is in, id say the calls would go out anything from 6 weeks prior to these dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Really? I stand corrected then! didnt know that. I dont pay close enough attention on these boards anymore :rolleyes:

Maura2145 wrote: »
    Really? I stand corrected then! didnt know that. I dont pay close enough attention on these boards anymore :rolleyes:

lol i just txted you then seen that you were on lol:D aye they had offered me it and the july one originally then when i spoke to recruitment yesterday they had cancelled it:confused: and give me may or july!! it mite be because they dont usually have one in july, so just to balance it up!

i still dont think 250's non rc will be good enough for may :(

• Advertisement

Just wondering (i.e. being nosey) if any of you who applied for the Belfast Harbour Police ever heard anything back? Or is it as long a drawn out process as PSNI recruitment?

PYG you applied if I remember correctly? Any word?

MBC x

Oh, and also...why has this thread been moved away up here :confused: I had completely lost it for a while :D CID for me then...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Just wondering (i.e. being nosey) if any of you who applied for the Belfast Harbour Police ever heard anything back? Or is it as long a drawn out process as PSNI recruitment?

PYG you applied if I remember correctly? Any word?

MBC x

Hi MBC,

I have now completed two tests for Harbour Police online in the comfort of my home! Passed initial one, waiting word back on second one! The 2nd one had to be submitted by 20 Feb if I remember correctly!:D No idea if they take as long to process things but it seems that way to me!

Hey MBC, I didnt apply for The Harbour Police, but I do have an application running with Greater Manchester Police at the moment. Maybe you just got a little confused.

As for the General Thread being at the top- I have no idea, maybe something to do with number of views, replies etc. Ill see if I can move it down towards the rest of the common threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

Morning all,

Quick question; On average, how many people apply for the Police Service when applications open?

Thanks all

JUK

James_UK wrote: »
    Morning all,

Quick question; On average, how many people apply for the Police Service when applications open?

Thanks all

JUK

roughley 8000 m8t, but id dare say it will be much higher this campaign with the economic downturn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Oh, and also...why has this thread been moved away up here :confused: I had completely lost it for a while :D CID for me then...;)
    Hey MBC, I didnt apply for The Harbour Police, but I do have an application running with Greater Manchester Police at the moment. Maybe you just got a little confused.

As for the General Thread being at the top- I have no idea, maybe something to do with number of views, replies etc. Ill see if I can move it down towards the rest of the common threads.

Holding my hands up - I stickied the thread early last month so it be kept at the top of the page rather than get lost among the other threads. Also because off topic chatting on other threads was becoming a problem I felt it was better to have this thread where all could see it

PYG if you want to unsticky it by all means go ahead

given1 wrote: »
    roughley 8000 m8t, but id dare say it will be much higher this campaign with the economic downturn!

I thought c14 was around 10000, supposed to of been the biggest campaign yet? alot of competition for 440 jobs :eek:

nickni wrote: »
    I thought c14 was around 10000, supposed to of been the biggest campaign yet? alot of competition for 440 jobs :eek:

maybe it was, but previous campaigns were averaging 8000!

• Advertisement

given1 wrote: »
    maybe it was, but previous campaigns were averaging 8000!

at 8000 applicants thats about 18 people for every position :eek: 10000 is about 22 :eek: thats alot of competition!

Advertisement