Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Penis Eye wrote: »
    i second that. its almost like mgh wanted everyone to know.. i no something u dont no!!!

I've known MGH since she started posting here a year ago and I don't believe she was taunting people with an "I know something you don't know" mentality.

Please bear in mind that serving officers and students visit this forum as well. I don't think she'll be mentioning it again, but for the record MGH, many agree with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

everyone have a good st paddies day then? im still swallin aaahhhhhhahaha

i was in the holy lands last night kipppin at my siusters and these **** where lightin bins up n all it was hidious
    scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

smyff wrote: »
    everyone have a good st paddies day then? im still swallin aaahhhhhhahaha

i was in the holy lands last night kipppin at my siusters and these **** where lightin bins up n all it was hidious
    scumbags
    It was much more fun being there on double time lol

How about we don't mention things we can't discuss? It may save alot of narky messages on these boards!

Chill out, there is no issue with explaining what a weekly order is as long as the specific details contained in it are not mentioned.

Its just a weekly update to the Police and civillian staff, listing anyone who has been Promoted, transferred, retired, resigned etc. It also lists student officers who resign or who graduate from GV. I guess thats what MGH was getting at.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Class.

TSG are here to save the day on an internet forum.

Is there anything TSG won't do when there's a vague whiff of double time on the air?

:pac:

• Advertisement

psni wrote: »
    Class.

TSG are here to save the day on an internet forum.)

What can I say... TSG!! Because even firemen need heros! ;)

TSG 15 wrote: »
    What can I say... TSG!! Because even firemen need heros! ;)

True, but firemen's heroes know how to spell "heroes"....................... and that, folks, is about as close as I'll ever get to teasing TSG.

They can hear your thoughts you know.

True, but firemen's heroes know how to spell "heroes".......................

But,. but, Thats not how its spelt on the sweetie tin I have in front of me.

I will however concede that we dont do any paperwork and dont need to spell anyway!!! :rolleyes:

Is there anything TSG won't do when there's a vague whiff of double time on the air?

Speaking of which, I am off to work now on single time so heres hoping the students are skint and sleeping tonight! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Can I come along for the craic?? love too!

• Advertisement

what is the state of play re shift patterns for constables in PSNI at the minute? Does anyone know exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

It was much more fun being there on double time lol

Bring it on!!!:D

I will however concede that we dont do any paperwork and dont need to spell anyway!!! :rolleyes:

Just as well - HR wont accept a 23/10 in crayon LOL

(Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

They will, as long as its joined up writing.....oh no, you're really buggered arent ya?!!!:p

I jest, I jest.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

hey good luck with your application mate, dont expect it to be a swift process though, my vetting has been away since augest and I have a merit position of less than 120!!! Expect a long wait with no information at all from PSNI. I have been waiting 6 months since my medical and not a dickybird! Never been in one spot of trouble either! When i called i was just told the vetting is with security services. Whatever that means!
    Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Delta2783 wrote: »
    hey good luck with your application mate, dont expect it to be a swift process though, my vetting has been away since augest and I have a merit position of less than 120!!! Expect a long wait with no information at all from PSNI. I have been waiting 6 months since my medical and not a dickybird! Never been in one spot of trouble either! When i called i was just told the vetting is with security services. Whatever that means!
    Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Have you family on the mainland/in the republic/abroad?
    Getting checks back from other police forces can take a long time.

You must be so frustrated, especially with that brilliant merit number.
    The only reassuring thing I can say is that your Vetting status changes overnight and you can still get the call for May, our resident Boardie number crunchers reckon they will be starting next week. You could well be done and dusted by then!
    Fingers crossed!

Bring it on!!!:D

Not that much o/t in the city anymore!! Time to head back to the sticks again:(

integra1 wrote: »
    Can I come along for the craic?? love too!

Yea, of course you can. All hands to the pumps. :pac:

Just as well - HR wont accept a 23/10 in crayon LOL

(Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I have been using a photocopy of the same 23/10 for about ten years now and just keep changing the date on it lol. Now you will have them asking what a 23/10 is?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sithlordm3

I have been using a photocopy of the same 23/10 for about ten years now and just keep changing the date on it lol. Now you will have them asking what a 23/10 is?:)

Something ike a 10/33 I imagine? I'm sure some folk know what that is. Safer not knowing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Yea, of course you can. All hands to the pumps. :pac:

You never let me join in:(

• Advertisement

You never let me join in:(

You never asked!! Can you fight?? Can you drive?? .................. Can you make tea? ;)

sithlordm3 wrote: »
    Something ike a 10/33 I imagine? I'm sure some folk know what that is. Safer not knowing!:D

One thing for sure MGH will only need to fill one in if she falls off her chair. :eek:........................ kidding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

Hey, thanks for that, was really nice of you to reply MGH. Dont have any family abroad or anything so really cant understand the wait. This is all i have ever wanted and dont know how I would deal with rejection at the vetting stage, (have you ever heard of anyone getting rejected at vetting before?) Think it would have been better to get turned down at the AC, at least that way its something you can control. I feel like im about to crack up with all this waiting and nervousness everytime the phone rings!

Hey, thanks for that, was really nice of you to reply MGH. Dont have any family abroad or anything so really cant understand the wait. This is all i have ever wanted and dont know how I would deal with rejection at the vetting stage, (have you ever heard of anyone getting rejected at vetting before?) Think it would have been better to get turned down at the AC, at least that way its something you can control. I feel like im about to crack up with all this waiting and nervousness everytime the phone rings!

Mate I know how you feel, mine was away for around six months and MGH knows I was a nervous wreck worrying about vetting too....I just got offered the job last week after all the agonising! I'm confident you will be grand, just hang in there! it will come through for you! ps great merit well done...the feeling is unbeleiveable when you get the offer...keep the chin up, well worth the wait!:D:)

You never asked!! Can you fight?? Can you drive?? .................. Can you make tea? ;)

I hinted enough!! :(

Fight- YES!!
    Drive- YES!!!
    Tea- Starbucks???:D

I hinted enough!! :(

Fight- YES!!
    Drive- YES!!!
    Tea- Starbucks???:D

I asked the skipper today but he has detailed me out in the crew with consts. Teg and Thurman for next week!! Wonder what hes on about???;)

:D:D;):cool:

Vetting is just a nightmare, end of! I think with this process theres so much that is out of your control, the waiting probably being the worst.
    All I can say is sit tight, everything comes to those who wait, theres a person who is on the April Intake from C13, who had an excellent merit but whose vetting took sooooooo long to clear that they actually had to have another medical.
    Well done on an excellent merit score. Can I have it for C15?!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sithlordm3

Had my first taste of Garnerville yesterday as I was there for breakfast (although late as the sat nav told me lies) for a volunteering day.
    Saw the greens doing drill (123 - 1!!) lol - brings back memories.
    Was speaking to a girl in a high vis jacket about boot bulling of all things.
    Was it you??? ;)
    Ski slope looks tricky. Loads of friendly people and happy faces! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭bet0409

sithlordm3 wrote: »
    Had my first taste of Garnerville yesterday as I was there for breakfast (although late as the sat nav told me lies) for a volunteering day.
    Saw the greens doing drill (123 - 1!!) lol - brings back memories.
    Was speaking to a girl in a high vis jacket about boot bulling of all things.
    Was it you??? ;)
    Ski slope looks tricky. Loads of friendly people and happy faces! :)

oooh lucky you! erm, ski slope???!!

Advertisement