Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 FudgeBrock

It’s really frustrating when you have to read through 3-4 pages of nonsense dominated by a few people on this board. Yeah I know that it’s a public open forum but I doubt that many who use this forum are interested in the recent postings on this board. These postings aren’t of any quality, they aren't constructive and they aren't beneficial to anyone.

Ever heard or private or instant messaging??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

if you just did a lot of reading, you should have read that this thread happens to be the the General Thread. being the general thread, its got general craic and banter in it, just like the ladies only thread, so its most likely its not psni related.

the reason the general thread was created, is because the main threads to do with the stages etc, were getting these posts. so think things through. its a general thread for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭tickle_monster

thanks smyff :D

FudgeBrock if you read the first few pages of this general thread you will also find that they "aren’t of any quality, they aren't constructive and they aren't beneficial to anyone" dont forget to read the middle comments infact read the whole thread and you will find there is no useful inofrmation in this thread because it is general meaning people can converse about whatever rubbish they want...if your looking for constructive comments read the forums related to each area of recruitment oh and avoid the girls only thread no doubt that will annoy you aswell!

ah TSG you know me so well i actually walked around with a small notebook and black pen psni style asking people what they would reply i took note of this so i could make a smart reply ;) technically it was only 3am with the silly clocks going forward and i was passing the time while trying to warm up shockingly it was freezing last night :cool:<---- i was this colour. a kind psni car clearly worried at our blue appearance opened his door to check us damsels in distress then noticed one of their vans being pushed by a group of men, the poor van had broken down said push start didnt help but fear not it came back to life somehow :D ...it saw me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

smyff wrote: »
    its got general craic and banter in it, just like the ladies only thread, so its most likely its not psni related.

the reason the general thread was created, is because the main threads to do with the stages etc, were getting these posts. so think things through. its a general thread for a reason.

Thanks for the bail out...... he he. Dominated!!! pretty big word for an 8 year old lol :D

FudgeBrock wrote: »
    It’s really frustrating when you have to read through 3-4 pages of nonsense dominated by a few people on this board. Yeah I know that it’s a public open forum but I doubt that many who use this forum are interested in the recent postings on this board. These postings aren’t of any quality, they aren't constructive and they aren't beneficial to anyone.

Ever heard or private or instant messaging??

And you want to be a cop.... take it from someone who is one, you will need to lighten up a little :eek:

• Advertisement

Warning warning- country pumkin heading to the big smoke!!

ae you going to have a little red light above you head as a warning to city savvy people :pac: actually they may see red light and think something totally different bad idea lol :D

Warning warning- country pumkin heading to the big smoke!!

Well.... get back here and sort this thread out!! Miss mod :)

thanks smyff :D

FudgeBrock if you read the first few pages of this general thread you will also find that they "aren’t of any quality, they aren't constructive and they aren't beneficial to anyone"

You sure swing a mean handbag Tickle, wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of your tongue!! :D

Did the clocks really go forward??? crap,I am late for work!!!:eek:

TSG 15 wrote: »
    You sure swing a mean handbag Tickle, wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of your tongue!! :D

Did the clocks really go forward??? crap,I am late for work!!!:eek:

lol i carry a spare pair of shoes in my handbag for such necessary occassions as it is swung! think it may have something to do with studying argumentative subjects all the time :) can always verbally defend myself

yeah they went forward at 1 last night are you being Police Scarcasm of N.I. again :p most things update themselves now, we walked out last night and i was like half 2 how did time go so fast and more importantly he'll lose his licence for keeping us in that late then sense kicked in and i realised my phone being the clever devil it is went forward itself :D

this thread happens to be the the General Thread. being the general thread, its got general craic and banter in it, just like the ladies only thread, so its most likely its not psni related.

most likely its not PSNI related?? hardly when this thread is in the PSNI recruitment section and most of the people using this thread are interesed in joining the police. yip and i have noticed there are different sections relating to the different stages but these dont always cover general questions.

and yip there def is a need for general craic and banter but there is serioulsy a lack of criac with the recent postings- they are so boring. people seem to talk for the sake of talking.

• Advertisement

FudgeBrock if you read the first few pages of this general thread you will also find that they "aren’t of any quality, they aren't constructive and they aren't beneficial to anyone" dont forget to read the middle comments infact read the whole thread and you will find there is no useful inofrmation in this thread because it is general meaning people can converse about whatever rubbish they want...if your looking for constructive comments read the forums related to each area of recruitment oh and avoid the girls only thread no doubt that will annoy you aswell!

there are actually alot of quality postings on this thread, the first page alone mentions pay and benifits, firearms, AC pass rates, vetting and PSNI training. Some of these are general issues which dont always fit into the different recruitment sections and so they should be dealt with in a general thread like this. as well as these comments there should def be a social aspect but "if people want to talk about what ever general rubbish they want" then maybe you should set up a general rubbish thread, and talk away until your heart's content.

As for the girls only thread i find it really funny whenever i have read it. so why would it annoy me? my frustrations about the recent posts on the general thread come from the fact that they are neither benifical or entertaining. they are boring and worthless or what you might call "general rubbish."

And you want to be a cop.... take it from someone who is one, you will need to lighten up a little :eek:

If im ever working with you ill be sure to bring a few pairs of underwear so I can change into cause im sure youll have me wetting myself with your amazing sense of humour and wit which you've clearly demonstrated. With such a comic genius you are clearly wasted as a cop as you were born to be on the stage!!
    Billy Connelly is sh!ttin himself im sure!:P

hows that for lighten up a bit?

!:P

hows that for lighten up a bit?

The previous 3 posts in succession were you explaining yourself lol... hope it didnt rattle you :D:D.

Stepped on tingers maybe PYG????;)

there are actually alot of quality postings on this thread, the first page alone mentions pay and benifits, firearms, AC pass rates, vetting and PSNI training. Some of these are general issues which dont always fit into the different recruitment sections and so they should be dealt with in a general thread like this. as well as these comments there should def be a social aspect but "if people want to talk about what ever general rubbish they want" then maybe you should set up a general rubbish thread, and talk away until your heart's content.

As for the girls only thread i find it really funny whenever i have read it. so why would it annoy me? my frustrations about the recent posts on the general thread come from the fact that they are neither benifical or entertaining. they are boring and worthless or what you might call "general rubbish."

fair enough the first few pages have you read from say page 40 to 140?? i do believe there is a comment from you referring to a dentist straddling you to remove a wisdom tooth, so what exactly you want us to talk about and consider craic is absolutly beyond me, this thread is full of general chit chat and no one else has had a problem with it, if you read it you will find plently of useless comments so to pick up on the last four pages and have a rant at us seems rather unfair and quite frankly useless.

right so let me get this clear talking rubbish in the girls thread is accecptable as far as i am concerned i have spoken the same in the girls thread as in here, i have no idea why you are causing such a fuss :rolleyes: mountain out of a mole hill springs to mind

the thread was to allow people to get to know eachother and allow the social aspect to exist here, if your so annoyed with it why dont you tell a moderator instead of throwing your verbal weight around.

fair enough the first few pages have you read from say page 40 to 140?? i do believe there is a comment from you referring to a dentist straddling you to remove a wisdom tooth, so what exactly you want us to talk about and consider craic is absolutly beyond me, this thread is full of general chit chat and no one else has had a problem with it, if you read it you will find plently of useless comments so to pick up on the last four pages and have a rant at us seems rather unfair and quite frankly useless.

right so let me get this clear talking rubbish in the girls thread is accecptable as far as i am concerned i have spoken the same in the girls thread as in here, i have no idea why you are causing such a fuss :rolleyes: mountain out of a mole hill springs to mind

the thread was to allow people to get to know eachother and allow the social aspect to exist here, if your so annoyed with it why dont you tell a moderator instead of throwing your verbal weight around.

so we are in agreeance that the general thread did start out as a really valuable resource for people seeking info on general PSNI issues and craic but for some reason it has slowly decayed into a place where people just speak rubbish. And this is OK?? Bring on the banter but why talk for the sake of talking????

so we are in agreeance that the general thread did start out as a really valuable resource for people seeking info on general PSNI issues and craic but for some reason it has slowly decayed into a place where people just speak rubbish. And this is OK?? Bring on the banter but why talk for the sake of talking????

yes thats a given but throughout the thread people have spoken about useless things that are of no interest to anyone else but themselves, and on the past few pages you would have read the need for laser eye surgery and not to tell the lovely drill staff you have a degree :pac:

to be fair there are very issues regarding psni recruitment and the job that havent been answered this thread is just for amusment of those using it, ive skipped many many pages in it :cool:

yes thats a given but throughout the thread people have spoken about useless things that are of no interest to anyone else but themselves, and on the past few pages you would have read the need for laser eye surgery and not to tell the lovely drill staff you have a degree :pac:

to be fair there are very issues regarding psni recruitment and the job that havent been answered this thread is just for amusment of those using it, ive skipped many many pages in it :cool:

the problem seems to be that the general thread is too general. There are people who are looking answers to general psni related questions and there are people using it for general amusment which was both ment to be catered for under this one thread. Can this thread be seperated into two sections, or an additional thread to keep every one happy so poeple dont have to read through loads of pages to get the info they are interesed in???

the problem seems to be that the general thread is too general. There are people who are looking answers to general psni related questions and there are people using it for general amusment which was both ment to be catered for under this one thread. Can this thread be seperated into two sections, or an additional thread to keep every one happy so poeple dont have to read through loads of pages to get the info they are interesed in???

ive read most of the thread and to be honest i dont think you'll find much information in it, its just banter, everything you need to know is in the other forums and few questions fall outside the remit of those forums, the moderator psni answers pm's and being an officer he could offer you valuable advice, if you cant think where to put a question he would probably be most help, to be fair in here is a playground lol :)

ive read most of the thread and to be honest i dont think you'll find much information in it, its just banter, everything you need to know is in the other forums and few questions fall outside the remit of those forums, the moderator psni answers pm's and being an officer he could offer you valuable advice, if you cant think where to put a question he would probably be most help, to be fair in here is a playground lol :)

i appreciate what your saying but i think its a bit individualistic to have a one on one with the moderator for any questions which will be reasked 100s of times. and yes there is def alot of info on the other threads that relate to general questions but the amount of time and effort needed to go thorough all this to get the info is immense. this is why im suggesting a new thread just for general info. id make one myself but because i have so little postings im restriced on what i can do ( or so i believe- correct me on this?). its just with a new recruitment phase starting up again there are going to be loads of people asking general questions which have alreay been asked and answered throughout the different threads so this is why i think there should be a general threadII just for info?? one for banter the other for info?? this should stop a whole lot of frustration

• Advertisement

i appreciate what your saying but i think its a bit individualistic to have a one on one with the moderator for any questions which will be reasked 100s of times. and yes there is def alot of info on the other threads that relate to general questions but the amount of time and effort needed to go thorough all this to get the info is immense. this is why im suggesting a new thread just for general info. id make one myself but because i have so little postings im restriced on what i can do ( or so i believe- correct me on this?). its just with a new recruitment phase starting up again there are going to be loads of people asking general questions which have alreay been asked and answered throughout the different threads so this is why i think there should be a general threadII just for info?? one for banter the other for info?? this should stop a whole lot of frustration

i dont think your restricted from starting up a forum from your posts, if you hit the button up top that lets you see the threads from the begining theres lots of little forums so i dont think your posts have anything to do with it, by all means set one up, but i just think all questions tend to fall under the forums already set out.

the poblem at the minute is that the recruitment deadline hasnt even arrived so we havent even sat ist's yet, i imagine once things get moving the general thread will probably have more information in it, in my opinion the stages forums that psni set up cover all aspects with regards to questions, i think in here was more for people to talk about how their getting on and finding the process and as its only started there is very little to talk about currently :)

i dont think your restricted from starting up a forum from your posts, if you hit the button up top that lets you see the threads from the begining theres lots of little forums so i dont think your posts have anything to do with it, by all means set one up, but i just think all questions tend to fall under the forums already set out.

the poblem at the minute is that the recruitment deadline hasnt even arrived so we havent even sat ist's yet, i imagine once things get moving the general thread will probably have more information in it, in my opinion the stages forums that psni set up cover all aspects with regards to questions, i think in here was more for people to talk about how their getting on and finding the process and as its only started there is very little to talk about currently :)

had a wee go and just set up a new thread- see what happens, can never have too many threads!!??

tickle_monster and fudgebrock

team work x x
    resilience x x
    personal responsibility x x
    effective communication x x (eventually)
    respect for diversity x x
    community and customer focus x x

such egos!!lol :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

Its getting hot in here (so lets tak of all our clothes lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RzRi-yaEJI

had a wee go and just set up a new thread- see what happens, can never have too many threads!!??

tickle_monster and fudgebrock

team work x x
    resilience x x
    personal responsibility x x
    effective communication x x (eventually)
    respect for diversity x x
    community and customer focus x x

such egos!!lol :cool:

nope more threads the better :)

lol we should take this to the psni and say look let us in we are simply perfect for the role, here is our evidence,
    *high five* :D

dark side wrote: »
    Its getting hot in here (so lets tak of all our clothes lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RzRi-yaEJI

eh this is more appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6CfjWH-0U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SduylOZW-c4&feature=related

keeps in with the grand theme of things dont you think :D:D

Thanks for the bail out...... he he. Dominated!!! pretty big word for an 8 year old lol :D
    haha if only i could use my skills to bail out the banks... how bad am i making ****in credit crunch jokes ughhhh

most likely its not PSNI related?? hardly when this thread is in the PSNI recruitment section and most of the people using this thread are interesed in joining the police. yip and i have noticed there are different sections relating to the different stages but these dont always cover general questions.

and yip there def is a need for general craic and banter but there is serioulsy a lack of criac with the recent postings- they are so boring. people seem to talk for the sake of talking.

with all your quote's it seems like your just talking for the sake of talking. and as i read on, you just seem like such a troll. holy ****e this must really annoy you. if anyone has a question which doesnt have a thread, they just make a new one. the thread started with reference to a starting date back near a year ago, but they have threads now for each start date. when this section of the forum was created, there was hardly any members who came here so yes, the general thread was for general psni questions. but as time goes on, things do evolve and change

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055499625

the nog made one for the Garda recruitment section, so it sorta shows its purpose. i think this general thread became a proper general thread after like 2-3 pages of psni related stuff. so theres over 100 of general cack.

and to the bit about there being a general thread within the psni section, think about it, we are all hoping that we become officers in the psni, so its good to get to know one another. if i wanted to go onto and talk to any aul person, id go to a different forum. if you dont like the general thread, just dont read it. youre just making things difficult for yourself. getting all wound up about nothing!

with all your quote's it seems like your just talking for the sake of talking. and as i read on, you just seem like such a troll. holy ****e this must really annoy you. if anyone has a question which doesnt have a thread, they just make a new one. the thread started with reference to a starting date back near a year ago, but they have threads now for each start date. when this section of the forum was created, there was hardly any members who came here so yes, the general thread was for general psni questions. but as time goes on, things do evolve and change

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055499625

the nog made one for the Garda recruitment section, so it sorta shows its purpose. i think this general thread became a proper general thread after like 2-3 pages of psni related stuff. so theres over 100 of general cack.

and to the bit about there being a general thread within the psni section, think about it, we are all hoping that we become officers in the psni, so its good to get to know one another. if i wanted to go onto and talk to any aul person, id go to a different forum. if you dont like the general thread, just dont read it. youre just making things difficult for yourself. getting all wound up about nothing!

thanks for your input its been really useful :D

thanks for your input its been really useful :D

i think you mean usefull hahahaha:pac:

• Advertisement

haha if only i could use my skills to bail out the banks... how bad am i making ****in credit crunch jokes ughhhh

Prime Minister Smyff does have quite a ring to it lol :cool:

Advertisement