Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

That wasnt what I witnessed. ;)

How so? :confused:

if i got that far lol id love to work in my own district but probably wont be able/lucky enough to, i want rural i cant do city life lol :D

I'm the opposite, I wanna be somewhere busy, plenty of opportunity to learn different aspects of the job :D

As for how I now have a TSG hat..... well one time there were a group of TSGs standing in my local town....I ran up behind one .... and ... well ... knicked his hat. I ran off into the crowds and he never caught me!:p

Tut Tut lol :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

nickni wrote: »
    Tut Tut lol :p:D

Now you lot you all know I did not steal the hat. It was given to me in good will!!

How so? :confused:

:eek:;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

That wasnt what I witnessed. ;)

You are going to get me put in the naughty chair again on this thead, and I was trying to be sooooo good attempting to answer questions;)

Cant figure out why you didnt see the lights flashing ...... after all, you were pushing the right buttons for sure!!;)

TSG 15 wrote: »
    You are going to get me put in the naughty chair again on this thead, and I was trying to be sooooo good attempting to answer questions;)

Cant figure out why you didnt see the lights flashing ...... after all, you were pushing the right buttons for sure!!;)

We had better not take Fudgebrocks general thread down to our level.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

anyone else think this thread will be hijacked like the original general thread lol

smyff wrote: »
    anyone else think this thread will be hijacked like the original general thread lol

PYG rules, smyff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭tickle_monster

Yes, I have Tickle!! :eek:............ I am getting seriously concerned about you, thats twice you have mentioned handcuffs and radiators etc!! You seem to know quite a bit about it which makes me wonder whats going on in your basement lol ;)

Oops i didnt think i made it that obvious that any psni officers reported missing are actually in my basement...ver happy it has to be stressed! to be fair im only just over 5 foot so to get said big strong men into basement myself is impossible...they are very willing...lure them in with puppies and candy :D
    Oooh naughty Uma!!! ;)

I think a raid on Tickles house is called for. And dont worry about being to careful in the property.......just go and wreck every room!!!:D

a raid? if its all men then thats fine :D ill allow you to turn up so you can steal as many hats and pens i tried stealing a pen once but he noticed... damn sober policeman :pac: i almost walked off in the peaked cap :D
    I'm the opposite, I wanna be somewhere busy, plenty of opportunity to learn different aspects of the job :D

nah im looking forward to rounding up cows and what not on country roads :) you can gossip with cops in rural areas and steal their hats PYG style ;)

• Advertisement

PYG rules, smyff!!!
    this calls for a promotion in smyffmount lol

Puppies.........???

Puppies.........???

Indeed ;) oh and flashing lots of flashing
    ............................................lights makes them feel at home :D

I have moved 10 post to here from the PSNI General thread (general thread no:2). Sorry if a few posts seem out of place.

Indeed ;) oh and flashing lots of flashing
    ............................................lights makes them feel at home :D

Would flashing lights not make us feel at work???:confused::D:D

Would flashing lights not make us feel at work???:confused::D:D

:rolleyes: damn you! i meant comfortable and secure but at home made sense in my mind lol :o yes at work would be the sensible translation but were not sensible so at home it is :D:D:D

:rolleyes: damn you! i meant comfortable and secure but at home made sense in my mind lol :o yes at work would be the sensible translation but were not sensible so at home it is :D:D:D

I knew what you meant lol :D:D. I was bring sarcastic for a change!!:eek:

It was nice of you to explain what you meant though. I feel so much more comfortable and secure now! ;):p:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

TSG what are the hardest components of the examination process in GV! what do most people struggle with in GV when trying to get through it all successfully? Eg legislation etc??

Thanks

integra1 wrote: »
    TSG what are the hardest components of the examination process in GV! what do most people struggle with in GV when trying to get through it all successfully? Eg legislation etc??

Thanks
    Its a while since I have been through Teg but its roughly still the same. Firstly, there is a very low failure rate, so dont panic. That does not mean its easy but the trainers are there to help you through it, not to fail you.
    Most seem to struggle with the practical excercises..... which you are also required to pass! You prob heard this before but learn the definitions by writing them out time and time again. They contain virtually all the answers for at least the traffic and crime exams. Code of ethics is not that easy to get your head around, you just need to glance over it every day to let it sink in.

Sorry if a few posts seem out of place.

You'd know!!! ;)

• Advertisement

I knew what you meant lol :D:D. I was bring sarcastic for a change!!:eek:

It was nice of you to explain what you meant though. I feel so much more comfortable and secure now! ;):p:cool:

aye a big change for you :p:p

aren't you supposed to make us feel comfortable and secure :D
    i never stated what colour the light is PINK :D:D:D pervert pink :pac: stay away from pink lights :cool:

You'd know!!! ;)

Aye so'd you mate!!;)

Aye so'd you mate!!;)

PMSL!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

TSG,
    Do you tell people what you do for a living? I understand there are security risks etc, but do what degree? I mean do you need to put your car in a garage, can you hang your uniform on your washing line etc, etc,
    Sorry for all the questions - but living in England i'm a bit out of touch

1979SD wrote: »
    TSG,
    Do you tell people what you do for a living? I understand there are security risks etc, but do what degree? I mean do you need to put your car in a garage, can you hang your uniform on your washing line etc, etc,
    Sorry for all the questions - but living in England i'm a bit out of touch
    from any cops i know, they just tell them what they would do if they werent an officer. ie - civil service, post man, rally driver :D,... anything really. just have a story n stick to it. TSG has his own cover story. the main thing is a spose to stick to it incase anyone talks about your cover job!

id park my car in my garage and i wouldnt hang my uniform on my washing line (if i do get in that is). and i live in a nice area. just watching the news shows how much of a security risk it can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

smyff wrote: »
    from any cops i know, they just tell them what they would do if they werent an officer. ie - civil service, post man, rally driver :D,... anything really. just have a story n stick to it. TSG has his own cover story. the main thing is a spose to stick to it incase anyone talks about your cover job!

id park my car in my garage and i wouldnt hang my uniform on my washing line (if i do get in that is). and i live in a nice area. just watching the news shows how much of a security risk it can be.

Thanks for the reply smyff, what do the people do who haven't got a garage?
    I understand what your saying about a cover story - but does that mean I should lie to my child about what I do for a living for fear of her talking about it at nursery?
    I'm a poor lier - note to any women i meet, never ask me 'if your bum looks big in this' - you may be dissapointed!

I understand what your saying about a cover story - but does that mean I should lie to my child about what I do for a living for fear of her talking about it at nursery?
    I'm a poor lier - note to any women i meet, never ask me 'if your bum looks big in this' - you may be dissapointed!

Guys, dont want to sound ignorant but prefer not so comment on this one. Hope thats ok

hahaha. nothing beats a nice chunky bum!!! i see what you mean about lieing to your child(ren). youd have to ask someone with a child that. you could always just say that you are a business man. when theyre old enough to understand and keep it on the down low, tell them what your business is!!!

if you dont have a garage then its ok you dont need one.
    Guys, dont want to sound ignorant but prefer not so comment on this one. Hope thats ok
    i understand. thats why im filling in the gaps!!! security is a must.

aye a big change for you :p:p

aren't you supposed to make us feel comfortable and secure :D

Well you had best hide in the panic room then Tickle cos I am off tonight:eek::eek:

Or should I say panic basement???:confused::D

• Advertisement

Smyff how'd you know I have a chunky bum?

Advertisement