Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

general question, what is the best deals around for mobile phones these days. Looking to get a pay monthly, dont have a clue which network or what deals to look for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Well show it some respect and stop your shameless flirting!

Im sorry. Forgive me. JVB forgive me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Im sorry. Forgive me. JVB forgive me. :(

It's all past tense now as I no longer have access to my helmet! I have finished work now and all my kit has gone back. My loft is now emptier but my days are quite the opposite, being a house husband is hard work! Hence my lack of attendance on the board. Roll on Nov 16th to get a rest lol :D

PYG you are forgiven, but I'm watching you ;)

general question, what is the best deals around for mobile phones these days. Looking to get a pay monthly, dont have a clue which network or what deals to look for

GCBC. Me and the wife have got our last 2 phone's from www.dialaphone.co.uk they're always advertising in the back of the papers. You can choose any phone on any contract and with most you can either get a reduced tariff or free gift. If you're not too fussed about the latest gadget phone you can get things like a free Wii or LCD TV.

Just had a wee thought there ... could anyone currently at Hotel GV tell me if their phone signal is not good and what service provider you are using. I'll be ordering a new phone next month and don't want to get to GV to find I can't get a signal for 6 months. I mean, the wife just won't believe me :D

• Advertisement

JVB wrote: »
    It's all past tense now as I no longer have access to my helmet! I have finished work now and all my kit has gone back. My loft is now emptier but my days are quite the opposite, being a house husband is hard work! Hence my lack of attendance on the board. Roll on Nov 16th to get a rest lol :D

PYG you are forgiven, but I'm watching you ;)

**Sob, sob**

You have wrecked my life now, hope you are pleased with yourself!!!:(

So... house husband you say?....... You got your pinny on yet?.........Doing a bit of naked chefing??? LOL

Thanks for forgiving me, are you looking in my window now cause i have the feeling im being watched:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

haha

im just curious, but what sort of music is everyone into here!?!?

being the general thread of course, and with the convo drying up a bit!!!

Gosh, i like most music, except country and western and Westlife!!!

My tastes are quite marginalised- Nickelback, Jamie Cullum, Jackson 5, Seal, East 17, James Blunt, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Dizzee Rascal, Mark Ronson, Wiley, Guns n Roses, The corrs. Loads more but cant be bothered typing them.

What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

smyff wrote: »
    haha

Rap and RnB mostly. Yo. :cool:

haha nice one. well, i started off as just a kid with no taste, then big bro got into metallica

so i did aswell. from about 2nd year i loved metallica. i mean i lovvved them. and metal aswell, leather jacket n longish hair haha. had a band. those where the days.

now its all tiesto and hard trance. best ever. though, metallica's new album is ****ing tight as a ducks ring. been to see them live :). back in the day

hate music thats on the radio, unless its rnb, yo :P. makes me wanna die.

• Advertisement

We were all shaking our asses in Thompsons to RnB on our last night out. Me and Given1 were shaking our booty!!!
    We still cant remember whose idea it was to go to Thompsons we were so plastered. I'm never darkening its doors again, ever. If I thought I was plastered when I went in, woohoooo, JVB is to blame tho. Buying shots. Naughty JVB!!!:rolleyes:
    haha nice one. well, i started off as just a kid with no taste, then big bro got into metallica

so i did aswell. from about 2nd year i loved metallica. i mean i lovvved them. and metal aswell, leather jacket n longish hair haha. had a band. those where the days.

now its all tiesto and hard trance. best ever. though, metallica's new album is ****ing tight as a ducks ring. been to see them live :). back in the day

hate music thats on the radio, unless its rnb, yo :P. makes me wanna die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

just thinking about the whole 'driving in the police' thing.

Since a Tangi is requires a C1 license and it seems a rather regular mode of transport (in some areas).
    Do they put anyone through the C1 test to enable them to drive one? Or do they just use officers who have the entitlement?

Just so happens there might be an opportunity for me to be put through the test in my current job, but I'm not really sure wheather to commit to it or not.

We were all shaking our asses in Thompsons to RnB on our last night out. Me and Given1 were shaking our booty!!!
    We still cant remember whose idea it was to go to Thompsons we were so plastered. I'm never darkening its doors again, ever. If I thought I was plastered when I went in, woohoooo, JVB is to blame tho. Buying shots. Naughty JVB!!!:rolleyes:

lmao. never been to thompsons but ive heard stories of people falling down the stairs and all haha. my bro said theres a new club called scratch near laverys and its meant to be tight!!!

seems like no one else likes music here!!! heres another click from back in my day

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/no31online/spidegenerator.htm

"quick! hide! theres the peelers!"

LMAO

Thats soooooo funny.
    I'll knock yer ballicks in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Priceless!

goin for a few frames big lad hahahha

this was my life 1-5th year in the ICT suite

goin for a few frames big lad hahahha

this was my life 1-5th year in the ICT suite

You startin' ?????!!!!!!!!!

Do you realise they'll be saying "quick hide here's the peelers" one day and it'll be YOU they're talking about!!!!!:p

So cool. Especially the pee stains. Classic!

just thinking about the whole 'driving in the police' thing.

Since a Tangi is requires a C1 license and it seems a rather regular mode of transport (in some areas).
    Do they put anyone through the C1 test to enable them to drive one? Or do they just use officers who have the entitlement?

Just so happens there might be an opportunity for me to be put through the test in my current job, but I'm not really sure wheather to commit to it or not.

I was meant to take the C1 test for my paramedic degree but when i decided not to go to uni there i didnt do the test. I think they do offer the C1 test but not sure. I would def do it. It would be a bonus you would be able to drive tangi's and transits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

haha

It has to be Oasis, nothing else wiould do.............

Mad fer it!!

I was meant to take the C1 test for my paramedic degree but when i decided not to go to uni there i didnt do the test. I think they do offer the C1 test but not sure. I would def do it. It would be a bonus you would be able to drive tangi's and transits.

OOOH I can!!! I can!!!! Whoop whoop.
    Gimme the keys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee-22 wrote: »
    It has to be Oasis, nothing else wiould do.............

Mad fer it!!

Mad-chesteeeerrrrrr. Sun sheeeeeiiiiinnnnneeeee.

• Advertisement

I have a bit of a funny taste in music, love all old classic 70's 80 rock but into electronic stuff mainly i.e chemical brothers

Old stuff I love has to be bands like Police (ironically), kinks, Bruce springsteen, pink floyd, the who, boston, journey, beatles.

Fav band these days is prob kings of leon though... amazing

electronic stuff mainly i.e chemical brothers

Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard box!!!!
    LOL
    :D

Techno Techno Techno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Mad-chesteeeerrrrrr. Sun sheeeeeiiiiinnnnneeeee.

23.gif

Now thats cool. Where'd you get those little fellas from then?

( Bet all the girls ask you that......)

You startin' ?????!!!!!!!!!

Do you realise they'll be saying "quick hide here's the peelers" one day and it'll be YOU they're talking about!!!!!:p

So cool. Especially the pee stains. Classic!

haha, why do you think all the lads who got the medical got a new pair of boxers ;)

gee, champagne supernova has to be the best song of all time. always brings you up when your down.

and GCBC, techno! haha. do you like daft punk? im not a big fan myself, but listen to this song, everyone. its a live mix in 2007 of a good few of their songs. it has to be the best song in the world (yeah i say that about a lot of songs i like haha) i just thought id enlighten you with this song, i turned my comp back on cause i was thinking about here lol. how sad.

EDIT: posting the link would help :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGECJP3phyY

Me and PYG are watching cops with cameras ( seperately together ) on ITV4. Dunmurry Car Crime Team.
    Rad stuff.
    Makes me even more determined to get in.

Whats everyones aim after they finish probation?

daft punk rock!!

groove armada, deep dish, underworld, loads and loads more I like too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Dnmurry Car Crime Team.

Do you mean Dunmurry?

kelso69 wrote: »
    Do you mean Dunmurry?

The U is silent.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

The U is silent.....

If you say so. :D

Advertisement