Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

lol i do find your sarcasm very amusing :D

Sarcasm........... I thought I was being serious!!! LOL :D

I am off to bed, I prob wont sleep as my guardian angel had her wings clipped a wee while ago ;) Nite nite :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭tickle_monster

TSG 15 wrote: »
    Sarcasm........... I thought I was being serious!!! LOL :D

I am off to bed, I prob wont sleep as my guardian angel had her wings clipped a wee while ago ;) Nite nite :P

no doubt you were the one that clipped them :P

that does sound like a good idea, although im trying to vett my bebo check its appropriate lol

nighty night tsg-ness :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Ali08 wrote: »
    probably best f beca doesnt answer that as there cant be too many spars in ballykelly area!

not the wisest move for security reasons!:D

you should know better moderator woman! ;)

Right. Ali08 please read this carefully: PYG said one word: "Spar?" You replied with all of the above. PYG was merely asking where beca's interview was in the course of general chit-chat. This is not a security consideration as far as this forum is concerned. If PYG had asked beca where she worked, then that would definitely be a security consideration.

The interview happened in the past, so even if it was the only Spar in RandomTown, it would be impossible for beca to be in any danger. Since we don't know beca's real identity, or if she will even get the job, there are no other security reasons to consider in this instance.
    I don't think anyone should mention any particular places on here...Ballykelly was mentioned in the post you quoted with the question of "spar?", leading folks to believe that wherever beca then went for her interview was in spar, ballykelly area (which beca then said was instore)

Considering the current situation i wouldnt advise anyone to give specific details about anything, and thought a moderator would know better!!! Please for the sake of others take more care in future, even if you are only posting in the nonsense thread - it is still part of the boards PSNI recruitment forum.

just worrying about beca's safety.

This next post of yours is not necessary for the reasons mentioned above. If you can convince me how beca saying "Yes, I went for an interview in Spar, RandomTown" is a threat to her personal security when we don't know her name of if she will even get the job, then I am willing to hear it. At this time, I do not accept your assertion that PYG acted in a careless manner. I also note it is the second time you called PYG's ability to moderate the forum into question.
    maybe you should, as moderator of the forum. Terrible attitude PYG.

PYG did not display a terrible attitude by suggesting you speak with beca or other posters privately. Moderators are not babysitters and the charter is clear. People are responsible for what they post, not the moderators.
    Surely as moderator you have some responsiblilty to either edit or delete the posts...you have now disclosed all the info needed in one comprehensive post!!!! Beca isnt online now to do it, so maybe you could.

By asking an open ended question ie spar? you invited a noob and non-security conscious poster to disclose possible locations of where she could be in the near future.

You attitude has come across as "well its not my fault" - could be excused for an everyday poster, but not for a moderator.

We have no responsibility at all to edit or delete posts, unless they breach the charter. If people choose to disclose information about themselves, then that's their fault, not ours. You are acting as if PYG has given out beca's address or a definite way to identify her, but she hasn't.

You then outrageously suggest that PYG has been so derelict, that she has invited all sorts to blindly post accurate details of beca's future movements. This is absolutely ridiculous and not worthy of further comment.
    I was only highlighting an issue...it doesnt matter to me what happens from here on in, but I genuinely thought that the safety of others was much more important than pussy-footing around your or anybodys feelings!
    i also think something should be done now before its too late, rather than waiting for beca to come back on line, but thats just my two cents.

two warnings PYG? bit much when im only showing common courtesy.

As far as I can see, nothing needs to be done. If beca asks us to amend her posts, or remove anything she feels could in any way compromise her security or identity, then we will act without delay.

For whatever reason, you have over-exaggerated a very simple comment and made a huge issue out of nothing, which didn't even involve you to begin with. You have engaged in back-seat modding, and you have given PYG an undeserved public scolding. If you had spoken to me like that over something this trivial, you'd be sitting on an infraction.

I have every confidence in PYG's ability to moderate all of the Emergency Services forums. She works hard, she is friendly, consistent, helpful and approachable. She does not deserve to be publicly addressed in this manner, and I won't accept it.

Both warnings are upheld.

Let the general chat resume...

psni wrote: »

Yea Right. Who is going to be brave enough to go first???? Not me :eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

im just glad it wasnt me who broke the silence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

psni wrote: »
    Right. Ali08 please read this carefully: PYG said one word: "Spar?" You replied with all of the above. PYG was merely asking where beca's interview was in the course of general chit-chat. This is not a security consideration as far as this forum is concerned. If PYG had asked beca where she worked, then that would definitely be a security consideration.

The interview happened in the past, so even if it was the only Spar in RandomTown, it would be impossible for beca to be in any danger. Since we don't know beca's real identity, or if she will even get the job, there are no other security reasons to consider in this instance.

This next post of yours is not necessary for the reasons mentioned above. If you can convince me how beca saying "Yes, I went for an interview in Spar, RandomTown" is a threat to her personal security when we don't know her name of if she will even get the job, then I am willing to hear it. At this time, I do not accept your assertion that PYG acted in a careless manner. I also note it is the second time you called PYG's ability to moderate the forum into question.

PYG did not display a terrible attitude by suggesting you speak with beca or other posters privately. Moderators are not babysitters and the charter is clear. People are responsible for what they post, not the moderators.

We have no responsibility at all to edit or delete posts, unless they breach the charter. If people choose to disclose information about themselves, then that's their fault, not ours. You are acting as if PYG has given out beca's address or a definite way to identify her, but she hasn't.

You then outrageously suggest that PYG has been so derelict, that she has invited all sorts to blindly post accurate details of beca's future movements. This is absolutely ridiculous and not worthy of further comment.

As far as I can see, nothing needs to be done. If beca asks us to amend her posts, or remove anything she feels could in any way compromise her security or identity, then we will act without delay.

For whatever reason, you have over-exaggerated a very simple comment and made a huge issue out of nothing, which didn't even involve you to begin with. You have engaged in back-seat modding, and you have given PYG an undeserved public scolding. If you had spoken to me like that over something this trivial, you'd be sitting on an infraction.

I have every confidence in PYG's ability to moderate all of the Emergency Services forums. She works hard, she is friendly, consistent, helpful and approachable. She does not deserve to be publicly addressed in this manner, and I won't accept it.

Both warnings are upheld.

thank you!!

1st of all i ment that i had been at an interview which i said was in instore of which there are many in NI. PYG took me up wrong when she said spar? because she asked if i was at interview in spar in ballkykelly. i had in my post said i was taking my brother and his friend to work in ballykelly, 2 separate things i decided to disclose here! i never mentioned where instore was or where in ballykelly my bro worked so i never put anybody in any danger or released anything which could identify anybody! and even if i has said i was at an interview in ballykelly and was asked if it was in spar i wouldnt have said yea or ney about it!!

also, as a coppers (newly reinstated :D) girlfriend and some of my familly are or have been in the military i do know to be security concious etc etc. i remember the days when the door wasnt anwsered in my house without somebody standing behind it ready with a gun so im not a non security minded noob!

so Ali, thank you for your concern but it was a misunderstanding of my post right from the start, prob because i didnt explain it very well and can see how it was taken up wrong. also thank you PYG and psni for clearing the matter up and i know that if i had mentioned something in my post that would identify me then yous would have taken it off.

honestly, i leave the board for 1 night and yous fall to pieces!! :p

smyff wrote: »

Me too :cool:

ahh the male one track mind :D

i just gonna say i told you so! lol
    Dont worry... Beca will explain it to you I imagine :D:D

yea.. i dont get that 1 either, explain! i know what you ment but i just dont know how your gonna use it in that situation! lol :D

beca wrote: »

yea.. i dont get that 1 either, explain! i know what you ment but i just dont know how your gonna use it in that situation! lol :D

:D yay that was my problem i didnt know how he was going to put that into action ;)

lol tsg

and beca i guess your mhni clubs falling apart all ready haha.

• Advertisement

aye trust the TSG to turn up and sort it out :D :P

lol tsg

and beca i guess your mhni clubs falling apart all ready haha.

not atall! me, tickle, PYG (TSG but hes undercover bait!)

who else??

also, as a coppers (newly reinstated :D) girlfriend

best bit of your whole comment :D has his baton missed you :P

standing behind you door with a gun? that was just you being kinky wasnt it :cool:

Now you have got me confused too!!! :confused: :P

best bit of your whole comment :D has his baton missed you :P

standing behind you door with a gun? that was just you being kinky wasnt it :cool:

baton?? what?? lol we workin things out, tryin to give it another go!

and no im bein serious! if dad wasnt at home then we didnt anwser the door, and if he was, my bro stood behind the door with a gun and dad anwsered the door!

Now you have got me confused too!!! :confused: :P

you must be getting old! lol remember when you said you wouldnt use the stayed up late all night line?? what??? lol u explain it because i cant! :rolleyes:

lol u explain it because i cant! :rolleyes:

Nobody in the world is that slow Beca.......... You want to sit the IST??? lol :D

:D yay that was my problem i didnt know how he was going to put that into action ;)

I did, thats all that matters........... :D

Nobody in the world is that slow Beca.......... You want to sit the IST??? lol :D

i know wot it means numbskull! lol i just dont understand how u could use it in that situation!

and yes! yes i bloody well do want to sit the ist! lol goin to maths classes and all for it! :D:D

ugh. i quit from the general thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

ugh. i quit from the general thread

No- talk to me Smyff!!

numbskull!

I am all hurt now :(

I am all hurt now :(

aw me sorry! come here ill kiss it better and feed you magners and chocolate ;)

baton?? what?? lol we workin things out, tryin to give it another go!
    lol one does protest to much :P:P

lol one does protest to much :P:P

what? dont no what your talkin about whatsoever! :P lol

aw me sorry! come here ill kiss it better and feed you magners and chocolate ;)

No..... Too late!!! so there!!! :confused:;) Anyway Tickle stuffed all the chocolate down her gob!! Or at least half of it anyway lol :eek:

what? dont no what your talkin about whatsoever! :P lol

i bet you dont lol :D just in time for much practise for c15 your going to be so over prepared ;)

No..... Too late!!! so there!!! :confused:;) Anyway Tickle stuffed all the chocolate down her gob!! Or at least half of it anyway lol :eek:

lol awk your a big teddy bear really!

eh tickle where is my half of the chocolate?? lol

1st bbq of the season tonight, cigarettes, magners, bbq burgers and chicken and then down to the local for knees up, what more can i ask for!! :D

:D:D:D well the best before was 12.05.09 didnt want them to go to waste now did i :D i miss them now :( and was more like 3/4 my buddy is not a chocolate person woop woop :D
    moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips :(

• Advertisement

i bet you dont lol :D just in time for much practise for c15 your going to be so over prepared ;)

hahahaha i wish!! lol still not on great terms, im still angry with him s no be practisin anytime soon! am away here chick for a good knees up, ill check in tomorow

Advertisement