Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

LOL I got my med date today and today is also my 1 year anniversary of being a boardie. Freaky:eek::cool:

Maybe its a good sign PYG - you could be abandoning us C15'ers yet and heading of to Hotel Garniville - I really hope you get in in the C14 intake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Hey Y'all. Time to make myself known considering I've had my peepers on you lot for about a week now. Seriously wish I had found this sooner. I am C14 with VETTING ONGOING.......a phrase I have come to understand is very common around these parts. Applied to C15. Felt like groundhog day. Am armed to the teeth with books on psycometric testing and verbal reasoning at this stage. Overkill? I think not. The real reason I registered though was to say "You go girl" to PYG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

integra1 wrote: »
    That is freaky young culchie!;):D Again very pleased for you. PS you out with us for a scoop soon, end of month Given, Maura, me and MGH hopefully and whoever else??? Given sorting it! Good lad he is!:cool:
    haha settle down there bai!!! its cultchie lol. cause its like a cult. where they practice the art of farming and other such like things!!! ill be there. pm me with details. and PSM!!!
    Hey Y'all. Time to make myself known considering I've had my peepers on you lot for about a week now. Seriously wish I had found this sooner. I am C14 with VETTING ONGOING.......a phrase I have come to understand is very common around these parts. Applied to C15. Felt like groundhog day. Am armed to the teeth with books on psycometric testing and verbal reasoning at this stage. Overkill? I think not. The real reason I registered though was to say "You go girl" to PYG.
    haha, can i just ask your rough merit number and background if you dont mind? one of the many other commonly said words lol.

i think PYG must have some sort of fanbase!!! with a bum that size, who wouldnt!

course you can. See youre an auld hand at this. Merit early 500. RC. All but have had a nervous breakdown at this stage. I know I'm gonna have an harrassment charge shortly if I dont stop stalking the postman too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

hey there, welcome onboard. have you had your med yet then?

• Advertisement

Yep. Seems like a lifetime ago. Ive had iritis in the past and my GP put it on my report. Had to produce a consultants report. Passed the eyesight test at the medical though. Que Pasa????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

integra1 wrote: »
    That is freaky young culchie!;):D Again very pleased for you. PS you out with us for a scoop soon, end of month Given, Maura, me and MGH hopefully and whoever else??? Given sorting it! Good lad he is!:cool:

Dont know, havent been invited.

dark side wrote: »
    Maybe its a good sign PYG - you could be abandoning us C15'ers yet and heading of to Hotel Garniville - I really hope you get in in the C14 intake :)

Thanks Little Miss Dark (side) Tan! LOL

smyff wrote: »
    haha settle down there bai!!! its cultchie lol. cause its like a cult. where they practice the art of farming and other such like things!!! ill be there. pm me with details. and PSM!!!

haha, can i just ask your rough merit number and background if you dont mind? one of the many other commonly said words lol.

i think PYG must have some sort of fanbase!!! with a bum that size, who wouldnt!

Haha funny Mr Smyff!!

Haha funny Mr Smyff!!
    :)

reedit, your up early hi bai!

• Advertisement

heres one for you tickle monster!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7990070.stm

having worked as a sales assistant. i hate the waving thing or clicking. just makes you turn the other way.

i love the pointing one though lol. works like a charm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Hi mate, I was wondering how being in the police in NI affects car insurance. Being in the forces bumps it up a little so I'm guessing the same for police. But a friend mentioned about if you have additional driver training (advanced driver I guess?) this can reduce the premium. What's your take on it?
    Ta
    nickni wrote: »
    I'm just wandering about this too...:confused:
    nickni wrote: »
    Also i read on another post that if i dont have the entitlement on my licence to drive minibuses etc i wont be able to drive the vans, tangis etc, if this is true will the psni let me do these categories to gain the qualifications required?

Just wandering if anybody knows anything about these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Is everybody taking their whole trainee pack to the SID? Anything else people would recommend taking apart from the documents asked for etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BanTownCop

Can sum1 please tell me ,,, in the Student officer workbook,,,,,, do we hav to give 1 positive and one developmental example for each ICF behaviour ?????????

and since we did the Autobiography section on our induction day do we dont have to re do it in out work book ??

I wish some boardie lived near me! :(

lol i think a few lived near you and found and got ashamed and moved away!!! i know i did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭tickle_monster

heres one for you tickle monster!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7990070.stm

having worked as a sales assistant. i hate the waving thing or clicking. just makes you turn the other way.

i love the pointing one though lol. works like a charm

lol thanks smyff :D took my mind off coursework and gave me a laugh, can totally find myself in some of them 1 and 8 im a sweetie :) our barmen know us and they tell us the order! its still a struggle getting to the bar when your only just creeping over 5ft and your friends are all 5'6 and above without heels :o

i saw these and thought of you!:D

http://splinteredsunrise.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/stormont.jpg

http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe50s/media/machines0802.jpg

know the feeling lol must be something to do with us living at the poles of the country, maybe its the sea air :pac:

hahaha. you live quite a good bit away for going to jtown!!! its only about a 10minute drive from where i am depending on traffic and lights. id give it about 5miles if even!

cheers for the pics lol. they bring back great memories!!! hopefully you both get into gville and you dont have to live far away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

I am inviting you PYG! Do you not want to celebrate your medical matey??? Is MGH going I lost her mobile number...Given will have it I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know anything about or have any experience of coaching for assessment centre? If I have to do it again then I want to kick me some ass.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TOWNBOSS

Does anyone know anything about or have any experience of coaching for assessment centre? If I have to do it again then I want to kick me some ass.........

<snip>
    Incidentally, I am RC, merit approx 300, vetting outstanding and ready for the clinic!!!!:eek::eek:

hahaha. you live quite a good bit away for going to jtown!!! its only about a 10minute drive from where i am depending on traffic and lights. id give it about 5miles if even!

cheers for the pics lol. they bring back great memories!!! hopefully you both get into gville and you dont have to live far away!

i do indeed, about 50/60 miles but the a1 is 70mph apart from the odd 60 so its not too bad, and best bit im only in 9hours a week :D i say 9 its not always 9 :P
    you should be walking that distance...carbon footprint :cool:

im so unfamiliar with the roads out GV way saw it and was like ahh thats where it is now how the hell did we get here, is it just me or are those junctions a nightmare :pac: ha i wasnt even driving just looked confusing!

i do indeed, about 50/60 miles but the a1 is 70mph apart from the odd 60 so its not too bad, and best bit im only in 9hours a week :D i say 9 its not always 9 :P
    you should be walking that distance...carbon footprint :cool:

im so unfamiliar with the roads out GV way saw it and was like ahh thats where it is now how the hell did we get here, is it just me or are those junctions a nightmare :pac: ha i wasnt even driving just looked confusing!
    haha i live 2 miles from work and if i take a shortcut through the park, it still takes me 30 long legged minutes. carbon footprint, how about 57, 58, 59 mph in a slipstream behind a big lorry. and i dont mean tailgating, i mean a good 2 second slipstream. it still counts. remember... "only a fool breaks the two second rule". anyone up my ass gets the 25mph on a road.

TOWNBOSS wrote: »
    <snip>
    Incidentally, I am RC, merit approx 300, vetting outstanding and ready for the clinic!!!!:eek::eek:

Seriously. Im a leaky bucket at this stage. See you in the clinic. Wherever that may be.

is this what they do where your from tick tocks and pyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTquQYw-3wA&feature=channel

is this what they do where your from tick tocks and pyg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTquQYw-3wA&feature=channel

how do you find this stuff :D but yea we all go round speaking like that, it was a secret until now!! im actually kind of disturbed by that woman!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7996789.stm

lol :D even sir hugh is into country life :pac:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7996789.stm

lol :D even sir hugh is into country life :pac:
    hahahahaha. right up your street hi bai!

some bangin tunes there as well!!! aul brucey

• Advertisement

Good Sir Hugh! He is human afterall! Glad to see he came from normal background and hasnt a shed load of qualifications and degrees. Just shows you where you can end up if you persue your dream.

Remember folks you dont need any qualifications to join the PSNI so dont worry.

Advertisement