Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2008 Group Winners

• 15-06-2008 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering if someone can help me out here;

What is the requirement to the top the group? For example, if Portugal lose today and Turkey (or Czech) win that leaves both on 6 points. So who tops the group? Is it decided on goal difference or head-to-head?

I have a 20 euro accumulator Group Winners bet on with ladbrokes. My picks were
    • Portugal
    • Croatia
    • Holland
    • Spain
    Some people have told me it's decided on head-to-head which means I have basically won. But can anyone give me a definitive answer? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I am wondering if someone can help me out here;

What is the requirement to the top the group? For example, if Portugal lose today and Turkey (or Czech) win that leaves both on 6 points. So who tops the group? Is it decided on goal difference or head-to-head?

I have a 20 euro accumulator Group Winners bet on with ladbrokes. My picks were
    • Portugal
    • Croatia
    • Holland
    • Spain
    Some people have told me it's decided on head-to-head which means I have basically won. But can anyone give me a definitive answer? Thanks!

Its decided on head to head and then goal difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

All four group winners are cemented at this point. Every other team still has a chance of 2nd place except for the Swiss and Greece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Cool so correct me if i'm wrong
    • Group A- regardless of what happens, Portugal will top the group because they have beaten both the Czech Republic and Turkey.
    • Group B- regardless of what happens, Croatia will top the group because they have beaten Germany.
    • Group C- Holland have topped their group.
    • Group D- regardless of what happens, Spain will top the group because they have beaten Sweden.
    All four group winners are cemented at this point. Every other team still has a chance of 2nd place except for the Swiss and Greece.

Yay!:D That's a 962 euro return for 20 euro, not bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

That sounds about right.

How much do you stand to win?

/EDIT: Over 900euro, nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

yep, you have the right to pick up you winnings now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

962 euro! Wow. Giz a euro ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Don't think I can Pigman, I assume it's like any other football bet. You have to wait until it is over. Whether that means waiting until the group stages are over or the whole tournament is over, I don't know!

962 euro Sofak. I know it's crazy but I am a bit disappointed. When I first decided I was doing the bet I planned on putting 40 euro on it but I lost my nerve and put 20 euro on Spain to win the tournament outright. But that's in hindsight and easy to say! How was I supposed to know that Holland were going to give Italy and France a footballing lesson and for the Germans to spectaculary crumble against the Croatia!:D
    962 euro! Wow. Giz a euro ?

No dice!:p

Advertisement