Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brother is getting an xbox 360

• 15-06-2008 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

My younger brother is getting an xbox 360 and he asked me where would be the best place to get one. He isn't getting the elite because he won't need the space. He is not getting the arcade because he wants a hard drive. If anyone can recommend any good bundles that would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Xtravision are doing a really good deal at the moment. You get a premium, which has a wireless controller and a 20gb hard drive and maybe a hdmi cable, I'm not too sure about that though. You also get GTA4, Halo 3, Forza Motorsport and a second wireless controller all for 300 or 400, I can't remember which. That's a class deal, and you won't get any better really. There's also a deal along those lines in Gamestop but I remember thinking the Xtravision one was better when I saw it. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

Jay P wrote: »
    Xtravision are doing a really good deal at the moment. You get a premium, which has a wireless controller and a 20gb hard drive and maybe a hdmi cable, I'm not too sure about that though. You also get GTA4, Halo 3, Forza Motorsport and a second wireless controller all for 300 or 400, I can't remember which. That's a class deal, and you won't get any better really. There's also a deal along those lines in Gamestop but I remember thinking the Xtravision one was better when I saw it. Hope this helps.

I heard they stopped that deal in Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yggdrasill wrote: »
    I heard they stopped that deal in Xtravision.

Dont think so, me saws it on saturday

Jay P wrote: »
    Dont think so, me saws it on saturday

Ok. I'll have a look

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got my 360 (Premium - the one your brohter will want) with a second controller, Forza 2 (great game btw) and 2 games of choice from a list (some decent games on the list too) all for €360 in Game Stop about a month ago. I'm sure that or a similarly good deal is still running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Get a job in Smyths and get staff discount! :D

niallon wrote: »
    Get a job in Smyths and get staff discount! :D

Smyths are way to expensive with games yet I still buy most of my games from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

if you know anyone working in a game shop, who gets a discount , buy an arcade, a 2nd hd and a cheap headset - mate of mine got his for real cheap, under 300 i think, plus he got halo and guitar hero 2 with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I got my Premium in Smyths (Derry) just before Xmas with 2 wireless controllers, Halo 3, Gears & Cod4.

Can't remember what it was in sterling but it ended up at circa 380.

Not bad at the time before the big cut!

Edit- I praise your brothers judgement in getting a 360 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Last time I passed by an xtravision (last week in maynooth) they were selling an xbox 360 premium with 1 wireless controller with gta4 and halo 3 and i think a few game rental vouchers with it too for €300
    armour87 wrote: »
    I praise your brothers judgement in getting a 360 ;)

You know saying things like that will bring fanboys out for an argument -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Whats a fanboy? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

This is a fanboy in their true form - Fanboy

Advertisement