Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Ibrahimovic injured

• 15-06-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

does anyone know why he was taken off last night? Trying to decide if I'll throw him in to my fantasy team...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Well I doubt they took him off as a tactical move. Haven't heard anything today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Yeah I haven't heard anything either. Will wait a while before I make my transfers so thanks xavi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

And Lagerback is optimistic that striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic - who has scored in both of Sweden's games so far - will be fit to play against Russia despite taking the Inter Milan star off at half-time against Spain because of an on-going knee problem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/euro_2008/sweden/7371199.stm

Sweden really need him against Russia, they werent half as effective against spain without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah I haven't heard anything either. Will wait a while before I make my transfers so thanks xavi :D

unreal...i subbed him in and then checked boards... better not be injured!

They seem to think he'll play despite a swollen knee

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8245588/Sweden-counts-on-Ibrahimovic-playing-against-Russia

Russia are gonna win anyway :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

d'ya reckon? Sweden looked strong at times against Spain and if Ibrahimovic is on form they could destroy the Russian defence, which has been woeful so far

roryc wrote: »
    d'ya reckon? Sweden looked strong at times against Spain and if Ibrahimovic is on form they could destroy the Russian defence, which has been woeful so far

Russia also looked strong against Spain. Could have easily scored a couple and 4-1 wasn't a fair reflection of the game. Plus Arshavin is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Russia also looked strong against Spain. Could have easily scored a couple and 4-1 wasn't a fair reflection of the game. Plus Arshavin is back.

Russia have always impressed me, they will easily dispatch Sweden IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

On ITV last night the commentator said that he was subbed as a precautionary move, so as to ensure he will be fit for the Russia game. I guess they knew that he would definitely be needed against the Russians, and the way the Swedes were setup it looked like they were happy with a 1-1 against Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Smegball wrote: »
    Russia have always impressed me, they will easily dispatch Sweden IMO

they look poor up front

missed a lot of chances in both games so far, and i'd go so far as to say the Swedes have the best defence in Group D.
    Xavi6 wrote:
    Plus Arshavin is back.

pity he was stupid enough to get himself sent off in the qualifiers (against Andorra ffs!!) and miss the two opening games. he could be the difference in a tight game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i just want to know why the hell kallstrom doesn't start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

i just want to know why the hell kallstrom doesn't start.
    puzzles me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

yup very talented player imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Think that should be shellstrum lads according to George Hamilton's ever enthusiastic pronunication :D I'm gonna take a chance on Ibrahimovic as Sweden have to win. Oh decisions decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I think he'll play and I think he will cause Russia problems at the back. Centrebacks are relatively weak. They are lucky that Sweden don't have any real pace up front however, cause they are slow as fcuk.

I'm tipping Russia to come out on top in a 3-1. Pavlyuchenko to grab 2 and Zhirkov with 1. Zlatan to score for Swedes.
    Pavlyuchenko's finishing was sh!t against Greece but I think he'll do the business this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

ibh wrote: »
    I think he'll play and I think he will cause Russia problems at the back. Centrebacks are relatively weak. They are lucky that Sweden don't have any real pace up front however, cause they are slow as fcuk.

I'm tipping Russia to come out on top in a 3-1. Pavlyuchenko to grab 2 and Zhirkov with 1. Zlatan to score for Swedes.
    Pavlyuchenko's finishing was sh!t against Greece but I think he'll do the business this time.

He picked up the injury near the end of the season with Inter afaik and has been struggling with fitness since then. Lagerback obviously knew that the game against Russia would be vital and he knows he needs Ibra firing on all cylinders.

As for pace up front, Elmander has plenty. Larsson has been a great servant for Sweden over the years but it's obvious that age has caught up with him. He still has a lot to offer to the squad and team but I think he'd be better served coming off the bench. Rosenberg isn't particularly slow either.

All in all, I can see the Swedes nicking this 2-1. Russia play a nice quick passing game and will be hard to handle for the ageing Swedish defence but they've been quite weak at the back so far. If Ibra's on form, I can see him getting a couple of goals, or at least I hope he will!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

An Citeog wrote: »
    He picked up the injury near the end of the season with Inter afaik and has been struggling with fitness since then. Lagerback obviously knew that the game against Russia would be vital and he knows he needs Ibra firing on all cylinders.

As for pace up front, Elmander has plenty. Larsson has been a great servant for Sweden over the years but it's obvious that age has caught up with him. He still has a lot to offer to the squad and team but I think he'd be better served coming off the bench. Rosenberg isn't particularly slow either.

All in all, I can see the Swedes nicking this 2-1. Russia play a nice quick passing game and will be hard to handle for the ageing Swedish defence but they've been quite weak at the back so far. If Ibra's on form, I can see him getting a couple of goals, or at least I hope he will!:D

Yea i think Sweden will be most peoples favourites for this but i am just hoping that Russia will go with a positive approach and be rewarded by it.
    Plus i have them in the sweepstakes on boards (which i quite happy about) and I have to get behind my team.

Пойдите Россия

Advertisement