Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'98 megane Chassis no. & NCT

Options
  • 15-06-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

My trusty old renault megane almost passed the NCT this morning, the one failure item was that the tester couldn't check the chassis no/VIN, "obstructed/not visible".

There's a sticker on the drivers door column, but apparently it has to be stamped on the Car. Normally it's stamped on the top of the right hand front suspension turret or in the spare wheel well. (According to the NCT guy, the car manual & the Haynes manual).
    It's not on the suspension turret or the spare wheel well,there's a small rust patch in the spare wheel well that could be it, but I'm not optimistic (working with the WD 40 at the moment).

1) Does any one have any ideas where else it might be that I should look?
    2) Clutching at straws here, but had a search in the nct manual & it doesn't actually say it has to be stamped (page 6):
    The chassis number on the vehicle must correspond with the
    information on the Vehicle Registration File/Book/License
    Certificate. Where difficulty is encountered in locating the
    chassis number it is the responsibility of the applicant to
    establish the location of this information on the vehicle.
    I can understand though why it should be stamped.
    3) any other ideas suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisement