Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicorette Inhaler

Options
  • 15-06-2008 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,I have been off cigarettes almost four weeks now.I am using the nicorette inhaler.It is quite good,kind of like still smoking but obviously not.
    My question is has anybody else used this method and how did they find it.
    I am afraid I am going to get addicted to the inhaler.Is this possible?
    They can be used for up to three months apparently.Is it just extra difficult in the first few weeks.
    this is my first time ever in 20 odd years of smoking to quit and I am quite happy to have got this far.Only drawback is putting on a few pounds which I am not at all happy about:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Of course they are addictive.

It's the nicotene you are addicted to, but I'm not entirely sure about the habit forming qualities of the inhaler itself.

I suppose there is a chance you could begin using it as a crutch.

The fact that you have not smoked in four weeks is a great acomplishment and I would suggest using will power from now on.

You have already proven that you do not need a cigarette, so why continue using the inhaler?

Best of luck quitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hotredhead

Thanks Terry,I am finding it easier as each day passes.I will stick with the inhaler a little longer though.I am only using 3 a day as opposed to a max of 12 which I never used.
    We are in the process of moving house and its a very stressful time so better the inhaler than the real thing!!
    Thanks for your encouragement,I hope to post back in another 4 weeks and be free of all nicotine:)

Advertisement