Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever lived in Poland?

Options
  • 15-06-2008 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I was living in Poland from September-December 2007 and am there about 3 times per year on average. I worked there as an english teacher in Piaseczno. Has anyone else lived there and what was there experience?

- Trevor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

hey man im living in krakow atm for the summer working in an irish bar,how was your polish?im thinkin bout gettin a few lessons over here,i know the very basics anyone would like to give me useful phrases (other then the ones already posted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

scruff321 wrote: »
    anyone would like to give me useful phrases (other then the ones already posted)

It's hard to say what would be usefull for you.what you already know.

Post what you would like to know and we will tell you how to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I am polish national, do I qualify ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

Hi there scruff321,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, when I was in Poland the only Polish I knew was basic things, I've just recently started a polish class in the city centre, Dublin however when I was in PL it was very hard. Not to mention people staring at me because I'm a foreigner, I lived in a small town. You live in Krakow, so I advise you to go to Empik store on Rynek Głowny in stare miasto, and buy the "Pons Polish For Foreigners'' course, its in a green and blue box. Its the best one out there and you can only buy this in Poland as its by a Polish company.

Just beware of language schools which offer Polish for foreigners, they can be quite expensive. You would be better off even getting private lessons from students at the Jagellonian University as the students would be happy to speak to a native speaker, also in the matura exam, contact with native speakers is a must.

I really love Krakow and prefer it to Warsaw, it just has so much character. Which Irish bar do you work in, are you staying only for the summer, who are you there with and is your bird polish?

If you want phrases, look through the threads I posted on the Polish forum as theres a few to get you going.

Regards,

Trevor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SeanBM

trevorku wrote: »
    I was living in Poland from September-December 2007 and am there about 3 times per year on average. I worked there as an english teacher in Piaseczno. Has anyone else lived there and what was there experience?

- Trevor

I live near Krakow.
    I love it here, I first came here 2002 for two years, I lived in Krakow then, I lived in a few other countries and have just recently moved back here to Poland.
    I speak Polish fairly well, enough to get in to trouble.
    I don't know exactly what experiences you are interested in.
    I am in the Polish forum too

Take care

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

By the way guys, there's pretty good forum for immigrants living in Poland:

http://www.polishforums.com/index.php?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pogoń

I live in Szczecin, North West Poland.

I run a language school:

http://www.golang.pl

Here's another forum if you're interested, (mine).

http://www.goldenline.pl/forum/anglosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mareczku

i lived in Szczecin for about 4 months back in 1999 since then i also go back about 3 times a year. the changes over there in the last 8 years are great, more money and if they Tusk can get his act together they should have a good few years in Poland!

Advertisement