Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with moderator

Options
  • 15-06-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I recently posted a thread on the biology and medicine forum asking for advice about getting a summer placement in the pharmaceutical industry since then the thread has been hijacked by a moderator going by the name tbh.
    He has added nothing to the thread and only attempted to change the topic to a discussion about what I post on boards. I am not here trying to defend my posts; I even concede that some of them are ofensive, ignorant, and rude. I have been punished where my posts contravened the forum charter and thought that things would be left at that.
    I am upset and disappointed that a moderator would chose to initiate a public mud slinging match especially on a forum that my contributions have been nothing but positive.
    I would like to request that tbh's latest post is deleted as it is completely off topic and that appropriate disciplinary measures are enforced.

Ben

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

manic56 wrote: »
    I even concede that some of them are ofensive, ignorant, and rude.

Having just taken the time to read some of them, I agree.
    Obviously tbh knew your history and decided to comment on it. He maybe a Mod, but not of that particular forum, therefore, he is just an ordinary user like everyone else.
    You should have hit the 'report post' icon and let the forum Moderator deal with him.
    I am upset and disappointed that a moderator would chose to initiate a public mud slinging match especially on a forum that my contributions have been nothing but positive.

Again, he is not a Mod of that forum.
    disciplinary measures are enforced.

It is up to the forum Mod to decide on that.

B

Advertisement