Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my log part deux...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

im pausing them anyways...a long pause too..ya i rembember them...i so thought you were taking my 122.5 or whatever record i had back then!!! mmm i might focus more on the 1rm next week and see how it goes from there

Deadlift
    From the Jerk blocks just below the knee my week point
    60x5
    100x5
    120x3
    140x3
    155x3x6

Rominian Deadlifts
    60x5
    80x5x5
    90x5

45Degree back raise
    4 sets 8 reps with 20kg

Pull down abs
    100lbs x10x4

Declined situps
    3x10 not weighted

Thoughts

Good session focusing on my weak points. The first 2 sets at 155kg were horrible as i was focusing on not been upright without having locked out the bar once i got into it they were handy.Also hitting the abs alot more as i feel there limiting me in my squat.

waza kai Ju-Jitsu
    1hr 30 mins

man im sore...im sore in places i never knew i could be sore...my body is in shock and i love it...def going to stick this out..

also.....man im one unfit bas**rd:D lets see how my 140x3x6 squats goes tommorow after this!!!

Squat
    60x5x2
    80x3
    100x3
    120x3
    130x3
    140x3x6

Rev hypers
    8x4 +5kg

Gulte ham raises
    8 reps 4 sets paused at the pottom for 2 seconds

Pull down abs
    3x10 @100lbs

Thoughts

found today very though after last night my upper lower back were extremly tight and no amount of stretching was working. Still i hit the targeted weight so im happy...

Inclined Bench
    60x6
    70x6
    80x6
    85x5
    90x3

Seated rows in lbs
    90x10
    120x8
    150x8
    180x6x2

Seated Mps
    40x5
    50x5
    60x5
    65x5

Barbell Tricpe extensions
    30x8
    35x5
    40x6x2

Fat bar curls30kg bar

3 sets of 8

Thoughts
    Handy session nothing really to say about it

• Advertisement

Bench 2 board press
    60x5
    100x5
    boards
    110x5
    120x3
    125x3
    130x1
    135x1
    140x1---fail

Squat
    60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    120x2
    130x2
    140x2x6

Pulldown abs
    5 sets of 8 at 90lbs

Thoughts

well me and 140kg just dont get on when it comes to the bench...135 was mega easy...140 got about an inch of the 2 boards and that was it..Squats were find..pulldown abs felt mega easy gonna increase the poundage next time..pretty pissed with the bench to be honest...

Ju Jitsu

1:45min.

good crack...felt way better tonight than i did last week...delighted i went with this. Im on call tonight and the instructor had no issues with my phone been in the class( left on the shelf) so it all worked out nice!!

Deadlift
    From the Jerk blocks just below the knee my weak point
    60x5
    100x5
    120x3
    140x3
    155x4x6

Rominian Deadlifts
    60x5
    80x5x2
    90x5x2

Pull down abs
    90lbs x10x3

Thoughts

Good session feel my deadlift technique is getting way better with regards to lock out im leaning back alot more and the weight is locking out alot easier. The rominians...i need stronger hamstrings. Had to do the pull down abbs quickly and head off as i got a call from work the joys of it!! UL's gone fair busy lately and the platforms are in a mess..its begining to annoy me having to clean the platform before i train.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

UL's gone fair busy lately and the platforms are in a mess..its begining to annoy me having to clean the platform before i train.

Over xmas I took a trip to Limerick (revisiting the old alma mater :pac:) and was impressed with the equipment in the main gym.

When I was a student training there around 2002 ish there wasn't any squat rack or half the oly bars and weights / platform stuff.

Do you train in the main gym or the one upstairs? That looked well equipped too.

Train in the main gym. yip we are fairly well equipped there now. but as i said as of late some of the regualy gym users who wouldnt be into lifting are not looking after the equipment or cleaning the platforms after them. Ive noticed anyone seriously into there training not just lifting but running etc always look after the equipment. Next time your down drop us a pm if your heading in training.

anyways

no ju-jitsu tonight im going to be in work for another few hours so wont make training :(

• Advertisement

Squat
    60x5x2
    80x3
    100x3
    120x3
    130x3
    140x4x6

Rev hypers
    8x1 +5kg
    6x3 +7.5kg

Gulte ham raises
    8 reps 4 sets paused at the pottom for 2 seconds

Pull down abs
    3x10 @90lbs

Thoughts

Savage session...4's on the squat were very strong.found a new spotter too young lad thats been hanging around for the past few months gotten strong too..good spot helps the confidence...5x6 next week if i hit that ill be confident of 180kg for 1rm withing 2 months

Bench 1 board press
    60x5
    100x5
    boards
    110x5
    115x5
    120x3
    125x3
    130x1
    135x1
    137.5x1---fail

Squat
    60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    120x2
    130x2
    140x2x6

Pulldown abs
    5 sets of 8 at 90lbs

Thoughts

none....

JuJitsu
    1hr 45 min
    really enjoying this...done my first bit of sparing on the ground tonight.

Deadlift
    From the Jerk blocks just below the knee my weak point
    60x5
    100x5
    120x3
    140x3
    155x5x6

Rominian Deadlifts
    60x5
    80x5x2
    90x5
    100x5

Pull down abs
    90lbs x10x4

Thoughts

Last reps on the deadlifts tonight was though but hey thats the idea. my 1rm from the jerk blocks is 180kg and by the looks of things i should be on the break that in a few weeks its always been my weak point id like to hit 190 which would mean id give 200 a good shot from the floor. +10kg on the romanians and + 1 set on the pull down abs..happy days..

Callipers arrived today going to figure out how to use them now!
    also ordered some knee wraps today so going to do a few weeks in them soon as well. next week is my last week of this cycle so maybe after that

just looked back through my log there..after the last 4 weeks of volume i worked to 5rm pb's i think im going to work to 3rm pm's on the sqaut id like 160-165 for 3 after hitting 150x5 last cycle

oh im about 23% bf....everybody...ohhhhhhh you fat bas**rd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

unbelievable deadliftin man! 6 sets is just showing off!im way behind u n ow on that only doin 140 5 x 5 this week.....joined a new gym Raw condition u hear of it?unbelievably gay name but its class kind of like what i imagine defrancos place in the states looks like....the hours in hercs were killin me so had to change

cheers dude. ive heard of raw now never been there though. you doing much squatting or benching these days? bet youve turned into a right ham :)

youve done more that 140 5x5 before havent you..im sure you did more than that in ul.. i reckon id give 160 5x5 a go from the floor...maybe more

ok i had to sit down and completely re do my training schedule for the next 2 months starting first week in febuary( after the current cycle) heavy deadlifting on a wednesday jujitsu on a thursday and heavy squatting on a friday just wasnt working i was just not recovering quick enough...i didnt make jujitsu tonight because i know i wouldnt have hit my target weight tommorow night and the lifting comes first... come febuary thought the new layout should enable me to do both more efficently :)

Squat
    60x5x2
    80x3
    100x3
    120x3
    130x3
    140x5x6--PB

Thoughts

ok firstly...after work session so no meal before hand and i forgot my cons so had to squat in my boots which were seriously throwing me off....BUT!! i hit my weight so im happy is a 10kg pb for a 5x5 and its only 10kg less than my over all 5rm!! its also the end of this cycle as ill be in donegal next friday... didnt do anything else tonight as im going to do a mixed support work session tommorow evening...

vid to follow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

hey, thanks for checking out my log

do you compete? - your numbers are pretty impressive, and you seem to do pl-style training

i competed in 2006 but havent since...hoping to compete this year...should be benching in single lifts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

i competed in 2006 but havent since...hoping to compete this year...should be benching in single lifts!!

cool, ill be there too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

YEAH??????

I'm probably gonna go down for the day.

It's gonna be such a boards event.

yip...all going well... im meant to be on call but hopefully i can swap it... id like a crack of 140 ish!!!

you tube is being gay so vid of the squats will follow tommorow!!

Chins
    6 sets of 3 varying grip

Push press

from the jerk blocks with 30kg log

4sets of 5 at 70kg

Rev hypers
    4x8 + 5kg

Glute ham raises
    4x5 with a 3 seconf pause when all the way down to parrallel

Pull down abs
    38 @ 90kg

leg raises
    3x8 on bench

Thoughts

2 things i love paused glute hams and jerk blocks :)

3rd Set

Last Set

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Nice squats.

What was that guy doing behind you? He didn't seem to familiar with spotting a squat - you almost flattened him on the last rep :pac:

BossArky wrote: »
    Nice squats.

What was that guy doing behind you? He didn't seem to familiar with spotting a squat - you almost flattened him on the last rep :pac:

thats andy murphy hes ranked no 4 in ireland i think in his class in oy lifting...and id put my life in his hands as a spotter...good lift out too!! he knew the last one was going behind me...im too lazy to walk it in if i dont have too :D:D

Bench 1 board press
    60x5
    100x5
    boards
    110x5
    115x5
    122.5x3
    127.5x1
    132.5x1
    137.5x1---fail i think...see thoughts

Leg press
    60x6
    100x6
    140x6
    180x6
    220x6
    260x6

Seated rows
    150lbs x8
    180lbsx8
    190lsbx8
    200lbsx3
    stack by 3 :)

Face pulls
    4x8@ 70lbs

Thoughts

Right my usual spotter wasnt there tonight and all the students were back and the gym was mobbed!! the spotter i had for the 137.5 touched the bar...now he says he didnt assist me but im still not counting it because he touched the bar. weird session tonight giving the squats a break for a week hence thre leg press think 260x6 is a pb...there more there anyways...

update on single lifts...im on call that weekend...send a mail around today to see if anyone will swap..its unlikely with it being val day and people having lives and loved ones...so i may not make single lifts now :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Just got to watch the vids there. All look REALLY easy man. Good work!

• Advertisement

Ju Jitsu

1:45min.

Starting to settle in nicely to this now...im not in a heap after the warmup anymore :p

Advertisement