Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my log part deux...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Very strong looking squats man. I nearly fell off the chair when you dropped the bar on the last set. I really wasn't expecting that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

kevpants wrote: »
    Very strong looking squats man. I nearly fell off the chair when you dropped the bar on the last set. I really wasn't expecting that!

ya it does shock alot of people allright...we have a jack aswell so its just as handy to strip the bar on the ground...i think my wraps should be here soon so looking forward to trying them out next week!!!

whooo my wraps are here....now to figure out how to use them...might try them out later on :)

Just got some strange looks while watching this and wrapping my knees in the office :P

Deadlift
    from the jerk blocks just below the knee's

60x5
    100x5
    120x3
    140x3
    160x5
    170x5--PB

Squats
    60x5
    100x3
    120x2
    140x2
    wraps
    150x2
    155x1
    160x1
    165x1

Pull down ab's
    90lbs 4 sets of 8

Thoughts
    I live for sessions like this huge pb on the pulls from that height..180 is my 1rm from this height and this was always my weak point but i seem to have fixed that...could be a 200 for 1 coming up!! the preson who spotted my little lock out issue just before xmas was there tonight and said i had corrected it well

the squats im also very happy with...the wrapps are a totally different squat and hopefully after a cycle id hope to do 180kg + using them

all in all a bloddy great session. last one for this week im off to donegal for the WRC back training monday....stay strong peeps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Just seen those squat vids now - nice depth. Looking strong.

Squats
    60x5
    80x3
    100x3
    120x3
    130x3
    140x5
    150x5 -- equal to pb

wraps
    140x3
    150x3

Stiff legged deadliftscause Hanley said i was a ******* for not doing them

60kg 6x6--

Rev hyps
    4x8 + 5kg

Pull down abs
    90x8x3
    100x6- pb

Thoughs
    Happy enough with this the last rep on the 150 was though put i havent trained since last wednesday and im pretty wrecked after the weekend. had the pleasure of getting some good advice from some big lifters on the wrapps tonight in return for my assistance in helping them with a squat suit and some spotting. the first set was ok...i was coming down to slow and stuff. this was pointed out and i corrected and the 150x3 was easy peasy..160x3 next week :). I havent done stiff leg deadlifts since the dark ages but im going to hammer these in the next few weeks on Hanleys advice. pb on the pull down abs...noice!!

extra though for the night...squat squit...mmmm

Ju Jitsu

1:45min.

chokes and sweeps tonight...good fun...

on the grown throws Thursday looking forward to this

Bench
    60x5
    80x3
    100x5
    110x5
    115x1
    120x4-PB
    125x1
    130x2 fail

Bent over rows
    80kg 5x5

Tricep barbell extensions
    barx8
    30x6
    35x6
    40x6

Fat bar curls
    bar+5kg 4 sets of 6

Thoughs
    aims for today was 120x5 130x2 i reckon id have had the 130x2 only miss comunication means the spotter took the bar after the first one...

looking back at last nights session im gonna be happy with the 120x4..it was un fed and un rested straight after work which i hate doing

anyways....opened a fitday.com account today

Yesterday

Calories 2,831

fat 106.6g

carbs 265.8g

protien 226.5g

now to figure out what all that means :) im useless at nutrition...

• Advertisement

Ju Jitsu
    1 hr 45 min

dam it im in no way flexable...

Deadlift
    from the jerk blocks just below the knee's
    60x5
    100x3
    120x3
    140x3
    160x5
    175x5-PB
    185X1-PB

SLDL's
    70x5x3
    90x5x2

Glute Ham Raises
    4 sets 6 reps paused for 3 seconds at the botton

Declined situps + 5kg
    4 sets of 8

Thoughts

Really suprised i hit the deadlift tonight as im bloddy wrecked. was down setting up weights and platforms for the UL open before hand. Well happy with the 175 for 5...down ot 3's from next week me thinks or maybe 177.5 x5 200 from the floor cant be far away now...oh and my hapstrings are starting to losen out ive been stretching them alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Time is the lifting starting tomorrow man? and where exactly is it on!!

Cheers

first lift 1ish and its down in the old sports building..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Are you weaker from just below the knee than from the floor?

That's mad if so, I'm the complete opposite. If I get it clear of the ground I'm 95% there. If it's too heavy it doesn't even budge, may as well be nailed to the floor.

ill pull 200 from the floor all day long...once i get to just below the knee's it stops....what can i say im a bit of a freak really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Yesterday

Calories 2,831

fat 106.6g

carbs 265.8g

protien 226.5g

now to figure out what all that means :) im useless at nutrition...

It means that you got about 950 cals from fats (1g fat = 9 cals), 1060 cals from carbs (1g carbs = 4 cals) and 900 cals from protein (1g protein = 4 cals) - if you add that up... hey presto, you get roughly 2800/ 2900 cals.

It also means you have a 33: 36: 31 fat: carb: protein ratio.

What are you trying to get out of your diet? Presumably it's get more lean mass, less fat? If so, jack up your protein, reduce your carbs. You'll certainly need plenty of carbs to keep you fuelled for ju jitsu & lifting, but time them to peak before and after training and you should be grand.

Gem thats exactly the answer i was looking for... im trying to lean up a bit..as you seen today im carring a wee bit too much body fat :) i am planning too reduce my carbs all right just figuring out home im going to go about it...its late now ill figue it out tommorow...we all went for a big feed tonight after the lifting so thats not going to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Gem thats exactly the answer i was looking for... im trying to lean up a bit..as you seen today im carring a wee bit too much body fat :)
    Ah not that much really - tbh some clever eating and heavy training should see you lean out nicely within a couple of months.

If you reduce your carbs a little (and it doesn't need to be that drastically, just keep them for breakfast, and pre-/post-training) you can keep your protein and fat intake high. Don't starve yourself or deny yourself of too much food, just eat the right things and your body will use them accordingly. It's very hard for your body to store protein-based foods as fat so when you feel peckish eat meat or eggs and you'll be golden.

g'em wrote: »
    Ah not that much really - tbh some clever eating and heavy training should see you lean out nicely within a couple of months.

If you reduce your carbs a little (and it doesn't need to be that drastically, just keep them for breakfast, and pre-/post-training) you can keep your protein and fat intake high. Don't starve yourself or deny yourself of too much food, just eat the right things and your body will use them accordingly. It's very hard for your body to store protein-based foods as fat so when you feel peckish eat meat or eggs and you'll be golden.

thanks again gem...im gonna bring the carbs down bit by bit for the next few weeks and see how i get on..and me starving myself was never an option :):)

also trained today...ill update the log later on

• Advertisement

Chins
    4x4 at bodyweight

Push Press
    with the log

50x6
    60x6
    70x5
    80x3
    82.5x2

Declined triceps
    4x8 with 15kg

Seated row
    170lbs 4x8

Hamstring stretch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

You ever have a craic at tate presses drifter, they are THE **** in my opinion, about the only exercise i feel comfortable with at the moment!! really feel a serious pump, and you just feel generaly strong with em..

not yet being meaning to give them a 3 week shot but they dont fit in anywhere at the minute

Squat
    60x5
    80x3
    100x3
    120x3
    130x3
    140x3
    152.5x5 fail on 3rd rep

Reb hypers
    4x8 + 5kg

Ab wheels
    4 sets of 6

Thoughs

i dunno what went wrong tonight...i was all out of sorts.. its week 7 of this cycle..maybe i need a break..its my first time failing a squat in 7 months...and i know i could blitx 152.5kg... i might take a few days deload..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ladowack

Looks like there is too much volume in the warmup imho, 130kg set is not needed here.

looking back on it your right and also the 12.5kg jump to 152.5kg was also too much...i just wasnt thinking...a stupid mistake om my behalf...i think ive exhausted the adapted russian program anyways so ill prob end it soon...just wanna break the 200kg deadlift before i do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

looking back on it your right and also the 12.5kg jump to 152.5kg was also too much...i just wasnt thinking...a stupid mistake om my behalf...i think ive exhausted the adapted russian program anyways so ill prob end it soon...just wanna break the 200kg deadlift before i do

I dunno whether 12.5kg is too big a jump on squats???

If you were to only take 10kg jumps working up to your top sets you'd be tiring yourself out unneccessiarily imo.

Like I normally go 30-40kg from my last warm up without wraps to my work set with wraps!!

Bench
    60x5
    80x3
    110x5
    110x5
    120x2
    125x1
    130x1
    132.5x1--fail

Bent over rows
    5x5 @ 80kg

Tate press
    20kg 4x6

Thoughts

im on call this week...hit the gym at 7 got a call on the warm up and spent till 8:45 in the car on the laptop by which time i was in no mood for training. I just happy i managed to pull off this session at all.

I think im going to go back to my 3week on 1 week deload style where my deload week will also be my on call week. Ive also been playing around with the idea of giving a 3 week BB cycle a whiel just for a change

Ibe redcued my carb intake by 50g per day also..which might also explain why im not hitting my target weights...

Calories 2,600-2800

fat 100g

carbs 200g

protien 250g

thats basically what im around diet wise ah the moment... i think the cal's are 2 low for the type of training im doing which is why im considering doing a BB cycle. any thoughts appreciated. im still learning all this nutrition stuff:)

• Advertisement

Ju Jitsu

2hrs

loving this...30 min of grapelling at the end..im bruised everywhere but it feels great..and i cna front roll!!!! huge achievement for me:o ill be increasing this to 3 classes a week in april..a saturday class based on knife/bar/stick/close range gun defense..

Advertisement