Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my log part deux...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Calories 2,600-2800

fat 100g

carbs 200g

protien 250g

thats basically what im around diet wise ah the moment... i think the cal's are 2 low for the type of training im doing which is why im considering doing a BB cycle. any thoughts appreciated. im still learning all this nutrition stuff:)

With your training levels you're best not to lower cals too much, if it is fat loss you after then just cut out all the junk food (well at least 95% of it:)), cut down on the beer and make sure you get protein in at every meal. Try to keep the bulk of your carbs to in and around workouts. Here's a sample for you:

Breakfast: eggs and/or weetabix with low fat milk

Mid-morn: nuts or fruit (apple is ideal)

Lunch: plenty of fish/meat/veg, small potato or small portion of rice or pasta

Mid-afo: nuts, fruit

Evening/post workout: potato/meat/fish/veg

Don't overthink the whole protein, macronutrient ratios thing - 80 - 90% of fat loss is just about three things:

eating clean (most important for you)
    eating only when hungry
    eating only until you are full, then stopping, i.e portion control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

cheers lad ive some questions ill reply later thought got too go to work :)

celestial wrote: »
    g
    Don't overthink the whole protein, macronutrient ratios thing - 80 - 90% of fat loss is just about three things:

eating clean (most important for you)
    eating only when hungry
    eating only until you are full, then stopping, i.e portion control.

Hi mate cheers for the reply as said im new to figuring out all this nutrition crap.It is fat loss im after not really weight loss...in 95kg and id make 90kg for comp...I dont drink but there was alot of junk in my diet which has now been cut.Im not really over thinking it. Im trying out a little less carbs for 4-6 weeks ill up them again then as im away i need them for my training. Im expecting my training to take a bit oif a hit during this time.

you say eating only when hungry...if this was the case id be eating 3 times a day...at present im eating 6-7 times a day but i have good portion control. There is protien in every meal all right. im using fitday.com to track the grammage of stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Hi mate cheers for the reply as said im new to figuring out all this nutrition crap.It is fat loss im after not really weight loss...in 95kg and id make 90kg for comp...I dont drink but there was alot of junk in my diet which has now been cut.Im not really over thinking it. Im trying out a little less carbs for 4-6 weeks ill up them again then as im away i need them for my training. Im expecting my training to take a bit oif a hit during this time.

you say eating only when hungry...if this was the case id be eating 3 times a day...at present im eating 6-7 times a day but i have good portion control. There is protien in every meal all right. im using fitday.com to track the grammage of stuff :)

Sounds good - sounds like the excess is due to the junk so seeing as you've cut that you'll be seein results in no time.

Ju jitsu

3hr!!! kenstu waza ( arm lock) course... speliing is prob wrong..

hot that intense cardio wise...but my bloddy arms are sore now :eek:

• Advertisement

Dumbell press
    32x8x2
    38x8x1
    42x8x1

Inclinded DB press

28x10x2

Push press
    50x5
    70x5
    80x3
    85x1
    90x1-pb

Squats
    wider stance lower bar position 60x5 for 3 sets---see notes

Pull down abs
    90lbsx8x3

Hamstring stretch

Thoughts

PB on the push press well happy the goal is 100kg for one :) the squats were because im going to go back squatting in the rack in powerlifting stance tommorow so just wanted to get the set up right so as not to be wasteing time tommorow evening

Yesterday
    Squat
    60x5
    80x5
    100x3
    120x3
    140x2x3
    wraps on
    150x1
    155x1

SLDL'S
    90KG 5X3

45 Deg back raises
    4x8+10kg

Declined situps
    4x8+10kg

Thoughts
    Baaa....fist time going heavy with a low par position and a wider stance on the squat in over a year...weight kept pushing me forward and it felt horrible..SLDS'S were nice...def getting stronger with these.

Im begining to question the amount of time im dedicating to training at the minute..

weight on the scales this morning 93.5kg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Im begining to question the amount of time im dedicating to training at the minute..

Do you feel you are spending too much time training or too little?

lol between lifting and jujitsu im training 6 nights a week....so im going to go with too much... roughly 1hr or 1hr 15 min at each weight session + the 30 minute drive each way to the gym eats up alot of time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ladowack

too much time?, its the best way to spend your time, keep it up!
    http://squatrx.blogspot.com/2009/02/10000-hours.html

• Advertisement

JuJitsu

1:45 min

drifter got beaten round the place :(......but it was fun :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Yesterday
    Squat
    60x5
    80x5
    100x3
    120x3
    140x2x3
    wraps on
    150x1
    155x1

SLDL'S
    90KG 5X3

45 Deg back raises
    4x8+10kg

Declined situps
    4x8+10kg

Thoughts
    Baaa....fist time going heavy with a low par position and a wider stance on the squat in over a year...weight kept pushing me forward and it felt horrible..SLDS'S were nice...def getting stronger with these.

weight on the scales this morning 93.5kg

Gonna go with more core work!! ;)

Did amazing things for my squat RE falling forwards, as you know.

what do you suggest mr Hanley

take into account im already going leg raises and crunchs twice a week in jujitsu

bench
    60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    110x5
    115x5
    120x1
    125x1

Chest supported row ( netural grip)
    4x8 + 30kg

Barbell shoulder press
    Fat bar (17kg) + 10kg

4 sets of 6

Fat bar jm press
    bar+20kg 4 sets of 6

Thoughts

Yes...best session in 1.5 weeks i think my body is adjusting to the 50 less gramms of carbs per day. the 115 was easy. im happy out considering the amount of pulling and pushing i did in training last night and the 2 tonne of top soil i moved by hand today :). be interesting to see if i adjust fully to the drop in carbs

ju jitsu

1:45....im wrecked...keep getting beaten on the ground...:(

Deadlift
    from the jerk blocks b out 1.5in below the knees
    60x5
    100x5
    120x2
    140x2
    160x2
    180x2-PB
    190X1-PB
    200X1-PB

Leg press
    120x5
    160x5
    200x5
    240x5
    250x5-Equal to pb i think...ill check later

SLDL
    90KG 5X5

Pull down abs
    90lbs 4sets of 8

Thoughts

Woooooooooop 200kgx1 happy days text book pull...the person who got me into lifting was there tonight his first time being around me training in 6-7 months due to him being ill and his new son arriving..he couldnt get over the difference...for the record i failed 185 from the blocks just under 4 months ago :) the leg press's were handy too

Highlight of the evening...spotting a 300kgx2 high box squat..there is a new lifter in ul..hes slowly becoming one of regular crew...and his lifting is inspirational...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

man i was looking at the first page and i saw your lifts, then switched to the last few, your improvements are really astonishing, i was just wondering, do u find ju jitsu a fun cardio? i was thinknig of taking up mixed martial arts, no plans of fighting just for the fun and health benifits

yes...i find it fun...its not that cardio intensive but its a good workout...and a great challange..plus grappeling is the most fun ever....i dont really how to describe it cardio wise as ive never really been into cardio...MA was always a hobby of mine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

200kg, what a milestone, well done. What do you weight these days drifter?

93.5kg and dropping my friend

• Advertisement

Push press
    30kg log
    50x5
    60x5
    70x3
    80x1
    90x1
    92.5x1

Push ups + chains
    2x12kg chains and 2 x 10kg chains

4 sets of 10 with all chains

Fat bar rev curls
    using the lighter fat bar (17kg)+ 10kg

4 sets of 8

Face pulls
    4 sets of 8

Thoughts
    Body weight push press is nearly there!!! push up with chains are fun...i havent done these in a while.

Weight on the scales this morning 93kg!:D come on you magic 90kg!

Squats
    60x5
    80x3
    100x3
    120x3
    130x1
    140x1
    145x3x3
    150x1
    155x1

SLDL
    60x5
    80x5
    90x5x2
    100x5x2

Kettle bell glute ham raises
    4 sets of 5 with 8kg bell

Kev stance pull down abs
    50kgx8
    64kgx8
    72kgx8
    86kgx8

Thoughts
    Squats are better this week. Still not right... i need these right for nationals. 10kg increase in the SLDL's enjoying these now. My old coach was there tonight and suggesthed the kettle bell glute hams....oh dear god are they hard. did the kev stance pull down abs in a new machine tonight as the old one was broke found the alot better in kev stance....

( for those of you who dont under stand kev stance please see kevpants's log)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

They should really be called Hanley Pulldowns. It was his idea to push the feet back. There are Hanley Hypers too, there's a Kev hyper but Hanley is claiming I just bastardized the Hanley Hyper. I think I made it the exercise it always wanted to be.

im still going with kep stance just to annoy hanley :)

You're all a pack of assholes!!

Hanley wrote: »
    You're all a pack of assholes!!

ha ha :P

fine HANLEY stance ab pull downs!

ha ha :P

fine HANLEY stance ab pull downs!

God... no need to be a suck up.

And no, you can't win :D:D:D