Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my log part deux...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

FFS skip a couple of meals and weigh in sub 90kg would ya???

Looks like you beat me there after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

thats 90.5kg with no fluid cutting or nothing...im enjoying eating too much to miss a few meals:) plus why rush perfection :)

man that must have been before nationals last year was it??? longest race ever!!!

thats 90.5kg with no fluid cutting or nothing...im enjoying eating too much to miss a few meals:) plus why rush perfection :)

man that must have been before nationals last year was it??? longest race ever!!!

Haha it was coming up to the IPO Leinster open in Hercs last July. Think it's bee running since April/May of last year so!

jujitsu 1:45 min..

enjoy tonight tough sesision alot of striking repetition and i was well fuc*ed afterwards...

@Hanley...im gonna win :)

whoooooooopppp 90.0kg on the scales this morning...after a wrap and a bottle of beer at like half 12 last night :)

i trained friday and yesterday nothing major some very light box squats on friday and some sumo deadlifts...

im back proper training tommorow evening with heavy box squats and i cant wait!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lol maybe the beer had a dehydrating effect? Well done on getting down to 90kg.

Box Squat
    60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    120x3
    130x1x2

SLDL
    90X6X3

Step ups
    40kg x10x4

Ab wheel
    4x8

Thoughts
    I dunno i wasnt expecting today to be anything majour but i thought id do better than this. suppose it is my first time training heavy in 2 weeks...plough on i guess

Last night
    Jujitsu another striking session

done some grappelling at the end.. i ended up with the fella i grappelled with on my 3rd night of training...he couldnt get a submission on me this time..and i escaped from a minter of an arm bar too...well chuffed i was

Today
    Floor Press
    60x5
    100x5
    110x3
    120x2
    125x1
    127.5x1

DE Squat
    80x10x2 with purple bands

Standing Military Press
    50x8x4

JM Press
    35kgx8x4

Barbell curls
    35x8x4

Declined Situps
    10 reps x3 sets

Thoughts

meh..wasnt the best wasnt the worst...im feeling really down on energy this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Drifter my training partner is after pulling a 210 x 5 slightly high box squat out of his arse (i love my turn of phrase!) , what would that transfer to in a normal squat??

ok first off define high.... there is a big difference between a hlaf squat to a high box and a low below parallel box squat....
    generally for me to a below parallel box my free squat is 20+kg above the box squat

• Advertisement

jujitsu 1:30min

striking followed by some ground fighting...i cant get enough of ground fighting...i think i may have an addiction...

note to self...learn some leg locks...

Deadlift
    from 3 inch plate

60x5
    100x5
    120x5
    140x5
    160x3
    170x2
    180x1
    140x3x2

Good mornings
    60xgx2x10

Paused Glute ham raises
    4x8 arms held in high position behind head

Core
    am....crap...forgot core..ill do it after tommorows session

Monday

Box Squat
    60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    110x3
    120x3
    130x1
    153x1

SLDL
    90kgx5x4

Rev hypers
    +10kgx8x4

Core
    ab wheel x8x4

Tuesday
    Jujitsu 1hr 45min

Wednesday

Floor press
    60x5
    80x5
    100x5
    110x3
    120x1
    125x1-fail
    100x5x2

MP's
    40x6
    45x6
    50x5x2

Seated Rows
    120x8x4

JM Press
    35kgx6x4

Barbell Curls
    30kgx8x3

Thoughts
    My job has become very demanding....very very very demanding...also my diets slipping due to work....but they thats life...failed the bench tonight due to 4.5 hours sleep last night!!! due to work :( lol

so im off work today and hit ul at about 4:30....only to find out its closed because some guy called basshunter is doing a gig there tonight...i explained my deadlifting was way more important than basshunter but i was shot down and told to go home....

i mean andy lee has fought there twice and never affected my deadlifting....who the fu*k does this basshunter guy think he is...

ok i accept the pool and things having to be closed for sporting events which is great to see being held there...but the gyn closed because of some dj....i dont think so!

/rant over

My deadlifitng was ruined because of this!!!!!! the world is fu*ked!!!

Basshunter-back.jpg

so im off work today and hit ul at about 4:30....only to find out its closed because some guy called basshunter is doing a gig there tonight...i explained my deadlifting was way more important than basshunter but i was shot down and told to go home....

i mean andy lee has fought there twice and never affected my deadlifting....who the fu*k does this basshunter guy think he is...

ok i accept the pool and things having to be closed for sporting events which is great to see being held there...but the gyn closed because of some dj....i dont think so!

/rant over

BAAHAAHAA

Feck off out to Patrickswell and join the dam powerlifting club!!

What ever happened to those buffer plates u had in the back of your truck??

BAAHAAHAA

Feck off out to Patrickswell and join the dam powerlifting club!!

What ever happened to those buffer plates u had in the back of your truck??

the plates were returned to there rightful home...

as for Patrickswell Ger is in UL training a good bit now....id like to see basshunter tell him he cant deadlift:eek:

the plates were returned to there rightful home...

as for Patrickswell Ger is in UL training a good bit now....id like to see basshunter tell him he cant deadlift:eek:

so u would like to see basshunter then!

what is he squatting now??? the man is inhuman

i dont think basshunter squats lad.....

Ger i think 365kg was his last record...he is inhuman... do you know dave fitz that trains with him? also known as Fred...rumour has it of a monsterour squat over 450kg on the cards for him..i think he did 420kg in the last comp

dear jesus

• Advertisement

dear jesus

i dunno if even jesus could squat that much!!!

edit it was 412.5kg

ang Gers was 360

633325462873135493.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

man u guys are like 2 aul wemen

this log will be closed untill further notice...im barely training because of work and im off to spain on sunday...

also i think its time to try a new direction with my training....

( no im not going down the curl and no squats route! )

BUMP

If you've time to talk shiiite you've time to Log!!

YAWNNNNN! ok look ill start logging again when i come back from holidays....and ill hopefully be 86kg :P

P.S i was looking for that fail pic with the ship but was too lazy to find it cheers!

44kg bells x10 on inclined dumbell press...this is a 4kg pb over what i was doing at 98kg!!!!! im now 87kg!!! well happy i was...

i promise ill start logging properly when i come back from holidays!

44kg bells x10 on inclined dumbell press...this is a 4kg pb over what i was doing at 98kg!!!!! im now 87kg!!! well happy i was...

i promise ill start logging properly when i come back from holidays!

Only posting when you hit PR's is SERIOUSLY weak.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Only posting when you hit PR's is SERIOUSLY weak.

ya i know ive been slacking on the logging side...:( i FAIL!!!!

to be honest id even forgotten about the log till that Muppet dragged it back up again...

Advertisement