Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering...

Options
  • 15-06-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Is it true that in your college application they only count your 6 top scores in the LC? Because i'm just awful at engineering theory and i think i'm heading for a fail on friday but i think i did okay in my other subjects so would it matter if i failed one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

You're CAO points are indeed based on your top 6 subjects only. So unless you fail a subject that's a specific entry requirement, you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powpeach

HELLO132 wrote: »
    Is it true that in your college application they only count your 6 top scores in the LC? Because i'm just awful at engineering theory and i think i'm heading for a fail on friday but i think i did okay in my other subjects so would it matter if i failed one?

i thought that was the obvious thing about the leaving cert!!! sure if you could count as many as you wanted you could do like 20 subjects and get D's in them all and still get like 1000points!! (not literally but you know what i mean)

Advertisement