Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A4 extras info????????

Options
  • 15-06-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Anyone happen to know (short of spending an hour or 2 in a showroom) where to find a post July pricelist of A4 extras? Their configurator on the audi website is shyte and serves no useful purpose. Same incidentally applies to lexus with the IS220 with apparently slashed prices but coming over all shy when it comes to listing the expected vrt reduction in add ons.
    Im not surprised that BMW are filling order books when you can at least figure out what you can get and how much it's costing. Their 320d SE Edition is looking good VFM right about now.
    If audi could at least indicate when their 2.0tdi 170 was due and approx pricing they may scavage a few sales currently heading towards the 2 listed above.
    Not much botherin me today, have I?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

seaniep wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know (short of spending an hour or 2 in a showroom) where to find a post July pricelist of A4 extras? Their configurator on the audi website is shyte and serves no useful purpose. Same incidentally applies to lexus with the IS220 with apparently slashed prices but coming over all shy when it comes to listing the expected vrt reduction in add ons.
    Im not surprised that BMW are filling order books when you can at least figure out what you can get and how much it's costing. Their 320d SE Edition is looking good VFM right about now.
    If audi could at least indicate when their 2.0tdi 170 was due and approx pricing they may scavage a few sales currently heading towards the 2 listed above.
    Not much botherin me today, have I?:D

Nothing so far. We're still waiting on optional extras pricing. I'm 99% sure 2.0TDi 170 is available from September.

Jury's still out as to whether they'll have optional extras pricing based on CO2 pricing (5 different prices for metallic paint on an A4) or if they'll average it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 seaniep

Thanks for input Chris.
    I can mostly see where you're coming from but..... its not as if its just a few quid thats involved. On a high spec A4 it could run to a grand or two. If BM can do it surely it cant be that difficult. Not taking a swipe or anything but its kinda annoying when decisions are being forced on you.
    On audi/bmw/merc etc where the tendancy is to offer base models + everything else, the price of extras can have a major bearing on final figure.
    Any notion on pricing on the 170 given that it would probably require a july order for a sept delivery?
    Seaniep.

Yeah, I'd say I average about €6-7K of extras on orders, which (depending on the car) could mean a discrepancy of €600-700. Not small change!

What I'm doing at the moment is signing order forms with customers based on current pricing, with an agreement that once the new pricing comes out I'll apply the lower prices in a transparent way to reduce the cost-to-change. Most customers are content with that arrangement.

A month ago I would have hazarded a guess on the price of the 170 for you, I figured I had a pretty good handle on the whole pricing thing, but the new price lists have thrown a lot of my logic out of the window. Your guess is as good as mine tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 seaniep

Thanks for that man.
    My situation is with a leased company car and they probably wouldn't thank me for complicating the bejasus out of their quote.
    Anyways...keep the bright side up:)
    Seaniep.

Yeah, that's what's happening - private buyers are happy to bend the rules to get the earlier delivery date, but finance directors and fleet companies don't like grey areas.

As soon as I have them I'll post them here. Shouldn't be too long now.

Also - 2.0TDi 170 starts production in late August, so mid-Sept delivery is entirely plausible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement