Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Book Club

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kellyof

Hey guys, it's Kelly.
    I just got an e-mail from a friend of mine and was told that there's a gig going on in the Spailpin at 8.30 this Thursday - the same night as our next meeting. It's a fundraiser gig for Moving Image Cork costing 5 euro.
    Just thought I'd let you guys know; we'll probably have to pay to get in =/

Book was great by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Absolutely, come along to the next one sure!

The book for the next meeting is The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. Meeting's on Feb 10th at 8 in Spalpin Fanach.

And to anyone else who's reading and is interested, feel free to come along to the next meeting. The more the merrier!

As the 10th is...well, yesterday...then it would be cool if u'd post up what is the new book for next month. I would like to join as well:) Sounds like something for me!

Hey everyone,
    We've kinda forgotten to check this thread over the past while so I'm here to just update it for next months book club.

The book is "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay.
    The date for next month is April 14th; 8pm at Tom Barry's (google it if you don't know where it is; it's up behind St. Finbarr's Cathedral)
    Hope you can come along!
    New members welcome!

Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Diarmaid1

I'll try and make it along to the April meet.

Hey guys,
    The next meeting is set to occur on May the 19th, 8pm at Tom Barry's as usual.

This month's book is "The Stone Village" by Des Ekin.

New members welcome!
    See ye then. :)

-Kelly

• Advertisement

Sorry dudes!!
    I meant "The Stolen Village" by Des Ekin.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sue_2

is there room for a couple more? love the idea of a book club and would love to give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 3 legally blonde

Heya,
    Any room for one more? Would love to join the book club! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Just wondering is this book club still going?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 IrishGuyCork

Would anyone be interested in forming a book club in Cork? Ideally the club would have to have 6/7 members to start with I think. Preferably it would take place in the city centre. Just thought Id put the idea out there :)

Yeah i would be interested, depending on the structure of the club? .... Keep me posted. Thanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I'd be interested too if it ever happened

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Is this likely to happen? I'd definitely go.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

Looks like the original organiser has vanished to other pastures - maybe we should start a new group? What's the concensus of opinion?

Crack on, just don't expect me to organise or do any work. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lucycork

KazM wrote: »
    [COLOR="Teal"]Looks like the original organiser has vanished to other pastures - maybe we should start a new group? What's the concensus of opinion?[/COLOR]

I would love to join one. Maybe if we decide on a location. I live half an hour west of the city. Dont mind coming into town if that's where most people are based?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Would be great to see this up and running again, used to be in the old book club and would be interested if it was revived again!

Champion! Have a place in mind - will contact anyone who expresses an interest to co-ordinate. Let me know [by a private message] if certains days/times of the week are out-of-bounds for you so I can pick the least problematical for a get-together - we can then discuss preferences and make a rolling start.

KazM wrote: »
    Looks like the original organiser has vanished to other pastures - maybe we should start a new group? What's the concensus of opinion?

I second that. Maybe we discuss here a bit of what book to choose or something, give it a 3 weeks or so and agree a place/time to take it on.

Should we choose book that is currently "hot" or something else? How would we select one?

Righto I will be starting a new thread here for "Cork Readers" - so we can have a 'clean page' starter for this new group. I have also created a Facebook Group called "Cork Readers" - link yourselves in, if you're on there too.

KazM

• Advertisement

I'm in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annybanany

Hi guys,
    Would love to join ye. Am I too little too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lucycork

annybanany wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hi,
    No you're not too late just check out the facebook and let them know youre coming!

annybanany wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Nope not at all, pm Kazm I'd say.

Not at all, Annybanany - we're scheduled for our first meeting to discuss our reading habits and choose a first group read. I will send you a private message with venue details.

Once again: the new thread for book club is located at:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056397401

Advertisement