Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Book Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

Hi everyone,

Next meeting is Tue. 4th May at 8pm in Tribes and the book is:
    Skippy Dies
    by Paul Murray
    See you all next month :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Hiya folks,

does anyone know is there is a Cork Bookclub for adult active and currently running. if so could they let me know the details.

THANX

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kellyof

Why is it nobody showed up today??
    Is this club on or off??

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Hey.
    I'd love to come along next time if this if its still happening. About kellyof's post, has the club run out of momentum or is it still going?
    If so, how many people normally go?
    Thanks

Hey.
    I'd love to come along next time if this if its still happening. About kellyof's post, has the club run out of momentum or is it still going?
    If so, how many people normally go?
    Thanks

Hi,

The club is taking a bit of a break at the moment due to dwindling numbers but will hopefully be back if theres enough interest :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Hey,

Would be interested to know if the book club is gona make a come back.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Nidot wrote: »
    Hey,

Cheers

i would like to know that too :)
    Of course it all depends when it would be on and everything because i work a lot, but as i saw from previous posts, it was usually in evenings anyway, so that could work.
    I keep my eye on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MonikaLisa

Nidot wrote: »
    Hey,

Cheers

Hi,
    I am interested in joining here. Is the group still active?
    Regards

MonikaLisa wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am interested in joining here. Is the group still active?
    Regards

Seems not to be at moment as i don't see any of the original founding members posting anything... i would say we give it a few weeks, see if they come back and revive the book club. if not..well then we must find another solution :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ClaireAnne

I would also love to join if it starts up again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 evelyn1.byrne

Hello every1,

Just registered with this site so I could ask this question and by god,did it take me ages to find a thread about Cork -I was about an hour looking to find how to post a new thread!How annoying but anyway......

I have a question to all those who live in Cork.I would like to advertise in the most popular Cork newspaper which is delivered free.I have heard that the Cork Independent comes out Thurs and the Cork News Fri-which paper has more readers and is more popular??:rolleyes:

Also have tried to find out more about the Cork Advertiser but cant seem to log onto website???????Is there a Cork Advertiser ,if so when does it come out ,is it as popular as the other two?:rolleyes:

Are there any other free Cork newspapers?;)

If anyone could help me this would be GREAT:)

MANY THANKS:pEVELYN

Hi guys,

We are hoping to start the club again after the summer as everyone is busy at the moment and its hard to find times that suit everyone. It'll give us time to think of reading suggestions anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Just registered with this site so I could ask this question and by god,did it take me ages to find a thread about Cork -I was about an hour looking to find how to post a new thread! [...] Are there any other free Cork newspapers?;)

Sent you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Columba79

Hey guys - I would really be interested in joining a book club - just adding my comment to show continued interest in this.
    Thanks CorkGirl1981 for setting this up originally. Hope to see ye soon.

Could I propose setting a book for us to read in the meantime with view to discussing at a point?

Cheers!

Lets pick a book! Will we go with fiction or non-fiction? Something new or something old? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 caromc

I'd be interested!

hi guys i am a member of a book club in cork south side been running about two years anyone want to join pm me its fun and all the people who go are really sound :D

What about The Help by Kathryn Stockett?
    I've heard good thing about it:

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/kathryn+stockett/the+help/7371458/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

loved it corkgal. a great read. :)

The book club is starting again on Monday 23rd August, 8pm, venue is yet to be decided (Tribes closes early on Mondays) so all suggestions are very welcome.

The book is:
    The Help
    by Kathryn Stockett
    Hope to see you all there :)

• Advertisement

The next meeting will be in the Pavillion :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ooh, I'm actually interested in this. I've never been part of a book club before. I assume you just discuss the book? Or is it a really detailed critique?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mSe265

I've been curious about this as well. I do love reading and have wanted to check this out, just wondering how book club meetings typically go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 shoeaddict27

The next meeting will be in the Pavillion :)

oh i'd be interested in this too! :) never been part of a book club, but it sounds like a great idea for a meet up

see u there!

Hi guys,

The meetings are always very relaxed & informal, no need for notes on the book or anything. We normally go totally off-topic & talk about other books & totally random things anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 whatsup28

great to see the club back on track

I will do my best to be there that evening, noted it down with red into my agenda :) never been part of the book club either, but been always interested of joining one.
    Should be fun for sure:)
    How do you/we decide the new books for new months to come? Just curious.

Did everyone see Cork News this week? Our club was in it (pg.52) :)

kart wrote: »
    I will do my best to be there that evening, noted it down with red into my agenda :) never been part of the book club either, but been always interested of joining one.
    Should be fun for sure:)
    How do you/we decide the new books for new months to come? Just curious.

Hi Kart,

Sometimes we take a vote from Sunday Times best sellers list, other times someone will recommend something & we decide to go with that. We've also looked up lists of must-read classics, sci-fi etc & voted from those. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Did everyone see Cork News this week? Our club was in it (pg.52) :)

For posterity. Cool!

Advertisement