Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swell on the way mid week

Options
  • 15-06-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Have Tuesday off looking forward too a descent swell due around then.Heading to Garretstown for a few hours at low tide on the bodyboard,if anyone wants to join me give us a shout.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

15-20kt winds are forecast also, looks like everything will be blown out in the West.

Perfect day for windsurfing though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭farrelli

Hey, I saw the swell and was thinking of heading down to a place near Wicklow town, can't remember the name of it off hand but I'm sure some of yous know the place. Does anyone know if that swell is going to kick up some waves or where would be the best place to go on the east coast? Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

farrelli wrote: »
    Does anyone know if that swell is going to kick up some waves or where would be the best place to go on the east coast? Dave

Wave height for Tramore is 1.5/2mtrs for the next few days as per www.windguru.com It was spot on forecasting when I went out last Tuesday.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

A webcam on tramoresurfshop.com if it's any help, doesnt always seem to work though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I was talking with the guy who runs that, they were having problems with the eircom line (Something with the cam disrupting the Shop phone line) its supposed to be back up and running again at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

I'll be chancing my arm after work down here in cork id say , not to sure if there will be much , but nothing ventured nothin gained i suppose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

does Tramore ever have waves? any time I check reports it's totally flat, or 1 foot mush

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Rare that theyre any good in Tramore, especially during the summer plus it can be very hard to tell what way it is on the webcam. I went down a couple of times when the waves looked alright and there were only ripples and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I'll be chancing my arm after work down here in cork id say , not to sure if there will be much , but nothing ventured nothin gained i suppose

How was it?
    I was hoping to make it to Garretstown yesterday evening but got held up at work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

was in Wicklow surfing on Wed morning , good waves for the whole morning !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

was in Wicklow surfing on Wed morning , good waves for the whole morning !!!

What part of wicklow were you surfing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

Just at Blainroe golf course ( before Maghermore ) ..Found a quality cove ( By chance I might add )

TheTubes wrote: »
    How was it?
    I was hoping to make it to Garretstown yesterday evening but got held up at work :(

Didnt go to gtown in the end, went to inchidoney last night as it was nice and big ,a little bit messy but once your were out in the line up it was grand. heading down to gtown tonight so hopefully the swell will still be around

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Didnt go to gtown in the end, went to inchidoney last night as it was nice and big ,a little bit messy but once your were out in the line up it was grand. heading down to gtown tonight so hopefully the swell will still be around

see you there, i'll be the n00b with the new board :o

TheTubes wrote: »
    see you there, i'll be the n00b with the new board :o
    Sure thats half the ppl down there:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    does Tramore ever have waves? any time I check reports it's totally flat, or 1 foot mush

Thursday was nuts. Once you made it past the breakers, quality was nice about 1.5/2mtrs. My fitness isnt great so I spent more time battling whitewater than catching waves.

K-

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Glad you got to get out.Tuesday was tripe,so went to old head for a while then home.

Advertisement