Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin International Tattoo Convention '08 [ARTISTS CONFIRMED]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I was there on Sat, oh what a day, arrived and had a pint, just to stop the shakes from the night before....wandered around lovin the noise and smell of fresh ink, seen some cool peeps, met some cool new peeps, drank some more...asked a friend did she hear that weird Buzzing sound, much to everyones amusement.....drank some more, bought some shirts and went home.

Was going to go back on Sunday, but not having enough cash to get inked was annoying me :(

Ola Kastro......I'll be down to Balmyair soon to get your marks on me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

deadly.. it would be great to have ya down shell.. ya havent visited in aaaaaaaaaaages.. im really suprised i cant find any pics online yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I know, waaaay to long.

I have a weekend planned in Jan, but maybe another before then!!

I'm amazed there's not more pics online yet, I seen loads of cameras around..(I forgot mine).

Did you see John's piece that Jani did? The mic with the headphones, F**kin amazing!! Seriously good!

yeah he said its exactally what he wanted.. it looked amazing.. jani came away with some prizes. im not suprized tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Kastro wrote: »
    im not too sure either, it was either squirrdle or kas or kastro.. thats all i go buy.. gahh i dont remember, i asked loads of people for painkillers.. had some migraine.. ahem.. post a pic or pm me a link..
    ahh yis all should have come over and said hi, i dont bite :D

EDIT : its ok lilli.. i remember now, i just found a pic of you from Halloween dressed up as a she devil.. any other pics of the convention?

yeh i have a few, would have liked to have gotten some more but was too busy catching up with peeps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 krystel

it was a pretty cool convention though one thing really did bother me: why did they allow people to wander around the stalls with their drinks? this is so disrespectful of the artists who brought their artworks and were putting them on the tables for the public to see. i'm sure loads were ruined by beer.

other than that , there was a good crowd and all. I think it was pretty well organised though nothing is ever perfect.

it's a shame the music was so loud when bands were playing coz it's not ideal for the artists to work in those conditions. it's very annoying when they try to concentrate.

it's also a shame there weren't that many international artists but i guess the fact there wasnt any convention for the past 2/3 years didn't help and there wasnt that much advertising either.

i hope they'll do it again next year. it can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

ve7jgx.jpg

Coolest lookin mofo.

I was there on the Saturday. Even though I brought the camera, I should learn how to use the bloody thing first
    I really wanted to see the finished work on...

The guy getting the pirate/chick on his side and the girl with the serpent on her leg, both of whom started getting worked on @ 12 and were still there at 10:00 in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Krieg wrote: »
    ve7jgx.jpg

Coolest lookin mofo.

I was there on the Saturday. Even though I brought the camera, I should learn how to use the bloody thing first
    I really wanted to see the finished work on...

The guy getting the pirate/chick on his side and the girl with the serpent on her leg, both of whom started getting worked on @ 12 and were still there at 10:00 in the evening.

I see my old mate pete getting some work done :)..ah I miss the days of the clann..any way some good work getting done by this polish guy thomas think his shop in Ballymun I see he also had a full back piece in the competition...Just happen to be my other mate..I think the convention was a bit subdued this year...:(.. no biker fight and alot less artists..but I have booked in with Robbie for me and the girls to get some work done in december...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Some bikers turned up in their gear but were shown out pretty quickly.

Can't really tar all bikers with the one brush :p..will.. the guy in the picture is or was one and so is his son who was one of the artists at the convention...but enough of that ..was just a bit disappointed inthe size of the convention:(..there so many tattooist ..be nice to see a few more good ones at the convention :)

• Advertisement

I'm not tarring all of them with one brush but on the flyer it explicitly said 'no backpatches or colours, not affiliated with any clubs'

Pretty clear cut and after the sh¡t from 2 years ago I don't blame paddy for having it like that.

The old dude was pretty cool, if i remember correctly he wasn't wearing his gear and abided by the rules of the convention.

Thats what its all about dude :) yeah !! I agree with you about the gang thing.. its only right they ruined it for the rest of us that year and just when the band about to come on too..:mad:...its a pity about some of the clients they could off used a bar of soap or too.. at times i thought i was in an old peoples home...:)...have to say there was some good art work there .. so I'm looking forward to getting some new ink done..:D...still have one in progress...full back piece..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

As a biker and having been round bikes all my life, i am actually a bit put out by the generalization of yer comments. I arrived at the convention on a bike and left on a bike, no i am not part of a backpatch club. i have no time for generalizations , i would have thought peeps on a body modification forum would have understood that more than most......

Oh noes :(

Will try clarify this a bit more. The guys who I saw that showed up were clearly from some group, they had back patches on, quite large ones. I've no problem what so ever with bikers. In fact I'm insanely jealous of their lovely machines, they were removed from the place and presume asked to change their tops. They were just the rules set out by paddy. The guys i saw didn't cause any trouble when leaving.

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    As a biker and having been round bikes all my life, i am actually a bit put out by the generalization of yer comments. I arrived at the convention on a bike and left on a bike, no i am not part of a backpatch club. i have no time for generalizations , i would have thought peeps on a body modification forum would have understood that more than most......

sorry :( was not trying to make any generalizations about bikers or bike gangs as I said cant tar everbody with the same brush ..I have many good friends in the bike community and who are members of some very good bike clubs which is much more appropriate name and not gangs as i am sorry for any miss representation.. just have to say I was caught in the middle of some overseas bikers acting like big children who just happened to be invited over by their Irish counter parts who took no part in the trouble by the way..just a shame I had kids with me at the time which ruined for them....:mad:..just takes a little few to muck it up for the rest of us and to give reputal bikers a bad name...but had a good day this year and the art work was fab:D

im suprised theres not more pictures, theres a few videos on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbum.jsp?MemberId=896862534&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=9415612902

Couple a crappy pic's on my mock bebo of lucky diamond... have more but dont want them on "my" bebo page.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 voodoobilly

Kastro wrote: »
    im suprised theres not more pictures, theres a few videos on youtube.

go to the convention myspace and there is a **** load of pix.... more will be on the convention website in the next few day too... www.dublintattooconvention.com

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Molberts wrote: »

Tread_softly - Picture of new tattoo? Did Meg get her anchor in the end?

i'll put one up when it's healed fully; meg and i got matching anchors on our wrists, when i went out with her when she had a smoke she seemed to convince me pretty quickly!

we got them done by shannon at uptown tattoo, we asked for a small anchor design and weren't expecting much but he drew up this lovely, feminine anchor on the spot that was perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 holyshow

we got them done by shannon at uptown tattoo, we asked for a small anchor design and weren't expecting much but he drew up this lovely, feminine anchor on the spot that was perfect!

Was it late enough on sunday when yis got them done? I'm fairly sure I was getting one done at the same time by the other lad from Uptown.

• Advertisement

Did you see the artists drinking while they where working..
    Would anybody out there let one of these guys do ink on them while they have being drinking:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    There are two sorts of motorbike clubs- those with a backpatch and those without. The "regular" clubs have their patches on their chests or arms and are usually just groups of friends with common interests.
    The backpatch clubs have, as the name suggests a large logo on the back of their leathers. Examples in Ireland are The Vikings, the Outlaws and now the Hells Angels are setting up a chapter. They are more akin to criminal gangs and often have feuds
    "they are more akin to criminal gangs andoften have feuds" Thats a very broad statement to make ,have good friends in patch clubs that could in no way be classed as criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You disputing that there are often rows/feuds between patch clubs or saying that there are no shadier characters among them?
    Digging up old threads to start a row is frowned upon.
    Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement