Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seamus tansey

Options
  • 15-06-2008 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

well, anybody here ever played alongside the lad? dya reckon he's as mad as the press make him out to be? what about that letter he sent to the "box player, co.mayo" there some mad stories out about him! personally i always found him to be sound, the newspapers love to write mad stories about him, any boardsies any good stories?? or indeed if seamus reads this, have you any mad stories about yourself? see:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Never met him but some of the stories make him out as a right headcase!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Oh god. That names brings back memories.

He was very good friends with my best friends family in Dublin when I was smaller (14 or 15 I think). He frightened the bejaysus out of me. Mad as a brush he is. I remember he used to get up at mad hours in the morning (3 & 4am) cooking big fry ups for himself and banging around in the kitchen.

He also came to play in my parents pub (about 10 years ago). He was telling one of his stories and someone started talking in the middle of it and he went completely bonkers altogether.

The man terrified me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I saw the man in a session in Taafes in Galway a few years back and he terrified me with all his shouting and roaring and his big red face, even though I was only listening at the bar. There was no doubting who was boss of the session :eek: Musicians seemed to enjoy it though.. in a strange masochistic kind of way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

He joined a gig of mine recently and was grand. He talked a fair bit alright but didn't try to take over, played great and sang a couple of songs.

Advertisement