Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results and fee holds

Options
  • 15-06-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Is there any loophole to get your module results without actually paying the fee holds - I could be waiting up to two weeks for them if thats the case... I only really need my two english modules.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I don't think you can, i had to pay 200 to clear the holds on my accounts even though i shouldn't have had to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

im in the same boat - how do i fix this!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

After twenty unanswered phone calls and numerous emails, I finally got a response on my query.

You definitely won't be able to access your results until you've paid off what you owe. Paying online is the quickest way, apparently. The hold will lift in the space of a few hours. If you pay through the bank, it could take 4-5 working days.

Grr! It's very unfair to block results. I mean, you can't graduate anyway until you pay. What's the point in hiding the results?

If you're really impatient (like me), you can try emailing your individual professors and asking them to email you your grade. I've tried that, because I won't have the money to clear my account for a few weeks. I'll let you know if any of them send me my result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Why are BBLS4 results not out until the 27th?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Grr! It's very unfair to block results. I mean, you can't graduate anyway until you pay. What's the point in hiding the results?

Probably it makes students pay up quicker.

If you've been very nice to your department secretary all year she has access to all your results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 White-Teeth

UPDATE:

I had an email from UCD fees this morning. They unlocked my results, even though I hadn't paid yet.

Like I said, I'd been in contact with them a lot. If you can't afford to pay at the minute, maybe send them an email explaining that you're working and will pay off your debts as soon as possible, etc. It can't hurt to try.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Advertisement