Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From the Train Station to Flancare Park

Options
  • 15-06-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Howya doing people Longford?:D

As some of you might know Shels are playing in Longford next Saturday at 7.30. Possibly due the work I might miss the supporters bus so I'll be looking to get the 5.05 train from Connelly. Just wondering is it walkable from the train station to the stadium and how long it would take?

Cheers.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

It walkable but would probably take 1/2 hr or more, i'm no good to judge! Just get yourself a taxi would be the best bet! The taxis are at the market square only 2mins from the train station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Flancare is at least 3 miles from the station out the N5 and i'd imagine the best part of an hours walk and without much shelter. I'd get a taxi at the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cheers. I have 2 possible options of getting to the match and the train is the 3rd. Poxy work.:D

How far up Strokestown (sp) Rd is Flancare coming from the town in a car (think I'm getting a lift now:D).

How far up Strokestown (sp) Rd is Flancare coming from the town in a car (think I'm getting a lift now:D).

It's something like 3 mile, once your on the Strokestown road and keep driving straight you'll see it anyway:p (on the left)

• Advertisement

kerash wrote: »
    It's something like 3 mile, once your on the Strokestown road and keep driving straight you'll see it anyway:p (on the left)

Coola Boola, I shall be seeing you culchies on Saturday.:D

If you happen to see a guy wearing glasses putting up a Shels banner with "Southside Reds" on it say hello to me.;)

Coola Boola, I shall be seeing you culchies on Saturday.:D

If you happen to see a guy wearing glasses putting up a Shels banner with "Southside Reds" on it say hello to me.;)

I'll keep an eye out for you:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gav, I will be in Dublin tomorrow, leaving there roughly about 5-6 so if you want a lift down your more than welcome. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

www.goldenpages.ie - Nevins Taxis - About 7 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

Well Gavin - enjoy the match?!? :p

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Gav, I will be in Dublin tomorrow, leaving there roughly about 5-6 so if you want a lift down your more than welcome. ;)

Thanks for the offer, had a lift arranged with my mate in the end anyway, again though thanks.

iRock wrote: »
    www.goldenpages.ie - Nevins Taxis - About 7 Euro

Thanks, didn't need it in the end.

John J wrote: »
    Well Gavin - enjoy the match?!? :p

It's not always about winning.;) As for the stewards in The Flansiro wouldn't let a few flags in because they were on plumbing pipes but yet let in our big Tifo one witch is 4/5 times better.

What else would you do on a Saturday night, standing in the Flansiro, in the lashing rain watching Shels.:cool:

And so my 100% attendence record this season continues (including cups and friendlies, two of our pre-season friendlies were in Donegal).:pac:

Advertisement