Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perks question

• 15-06-2008 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a question about perks. I like to run and gun a lot and (with M16, P90)and am wondering which is better:

bandolier-juggernaut-deep impact

bandolier-stopping power-deep impact

bandolier-double tap-deep impact

In other words is it better to have more health or be able to do more damage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This one.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

^That one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

depends on what you play HC or normal.

Normal:

I would go for juggernaught, I would also consider a silence Perk which is great and uav jammer or silencer which is great for surprising people. I never use juggernaught myself and prefer stopping power as it is effective combined with deep impact but better suits in my opinion assault weapons.

Sub machine gun like the p90 is good with silence perk and silencer and extreme conditioning.

Jugger is a stupid perk, couple it with a P90 and you have one of the noobiest perks in the game. It all comes down to how good you are. Do you intend on being shot and needing the extra time to kill someone, if so you are a noob. Can you land your shots? Then SP is the obvious choice.
    Double tap is a wast on the P90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Jugger is a stupid perk, couple it with a P90 and you have one of the noobiest perks in the game.

"One of the noobiest perks in the game"? What the hell does that mean?

I hate this use of the word "noob" for something that you just dislike playing against. I don't use that setup myself, but I think CoD 4 is an extremely balanced game; there's LOADS of alternative combinations you could use to battle someone using the above.

Don't just dismiss a powerful (in some situations) set of weapons & perks as "noobiest" because you don't like it. Instead, find a way to tear them apart! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Cheers folks.

On the noob comment I'd agree, apart from the Martyrdoom perk. That perk is a cheap way to get kills, requiring a little luck and no skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sleight of Hand and Steady Aim with the P90 are fairly viscous.

If the game was balanced then stopping power would completly counteract juggernaught.

Sleight of hand is a waste when the clip is that big.

So stopping power is more powerful than juggernaut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I don't play much standard but i used to always pick stopping power but now i go for the extra health, so if someone shoots you you have time to spin around and kill them, doesn't work well with smgs, you need guns with high damage, m14,g3, m16, ak haven't tried it with lmgs though.
    But i'd say stopping power is your best bet, because the above only works if you know the game well.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing you play on a PC? The mouse is far better for spinning around than a joy-pad.

No, jugger is stronger than stopping power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Methinks Skelet0n keeps getting owned by people and is jealous of their 'n00b skillz'! :pac: :pac: Most of the people talking about noob's tend to be those getting killed most by them :)

Getting back to the question in hand. When I run'n'gun my main preferences regardless of gun choice are Stopping power & Extreme Conditioning. If I run out of ammo I simply pick up a gun from someone else when I've killed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Sorry yeah on pc.
    I can't do it on the xbox, have the sens on low, i wish there was a in between low and medium, and who uses any of the higher ones!?!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have to use really high sensitivity on consoles when trying to play FPS' it's the only way I can get even close to the response time I'm used to with the mouse.

I like to use Bandolier, Juggernaut, Deep Impact but keep meaning to play around with it. GTA is what I've spent all my time on the last couple of weeks though.

No I don't get owned by juggers. I have learned to counteract them.
    The people who use it instead of stopping power annoy me because they know they are going to get shot and need the extra health.

I fail to see your arguement. You're giving out because have a different game play preference than you???

No I don't get owned by juggers. I have learned to counteract them.
    The people who use it instead of stopping power annoy me because they know they are going to get shot and need the extra health.

Lets' reverse the argument slightly... The people who use Stopping power annoy me because they know they are going to have to use more bullets otherwise.

Sounds totally stupid and infantile, right? :rolleyes:
    /Now think about what you are saying...

EDIT: I'm not having a go at you, I'm just pointing out that different game styles suit different people. I don't use juggernaut at all, on any of my custom classes but I'm not going to give out about someone who does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Kharn wrote: »
    I fail to see your arguement. You're giving out because have a different game play preference than you???
    r3nu4l wrote: »
    Lets' reverse the argument slightly... The people who use Stopping power annoy me because they know they are going to have to use more bullets otherwise.

Sounds totally stupid and infantile, right? :rolleyes:
    /Now think about what you are saying...

EDIT: I'm not having a go at you, I'm just pointing out that different game styles suit different people. I don't use juggernaut at all, on any of my custom classes but I'm not going to give out about someone who does.

This is what I was saying earlier with the "noob" comments :) Fair enough if you're venting cos of the frustration of playing against players employing these strategies / perks. But don't dismiss these players as "noobs" simply because they're doing something that works for them. It's not like they're exploiting some massive imbalance in the game.

But shouldn't a perk give you an advantage and not others a disadvantage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

I think martyrdom is for gays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Perks raise certain stats(reload speed, sprint distance, damage, health, penetration, ect etc). By your logic everybody who has stopping power should automatically be against players with more health.

There have been quite a few Hetro martyr's as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

There have been quite a few Hetro martyr's as well.

308.gif

It's getting Mr Garrison time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Juggernaut seems too powerful against some weapons unless you have stopping power turned on. Other than that the perks are fair. The worst thing about the game is shooting someone in the face at point blank range and they still stab you and all the host ended game messages. I'm convinced their sad pricks who are so obsessed with winning they end the game as soon as they go a round up. is this possible? how do you know your the host on ps3?

Press the score button right at the start and whoever has the high connection is the host.

If you have an advantage over someone then they are disadvantaged compared with you...

Therefore in giving you an advantage, a perk puts others at a disadvantage.

As for martyrdom being for gheys and not being skilful...well honestly, in most situations getting killed by martyrdom is completely avoidable...unless you are camping and/or have boxed yourself in, in which case that's a fault of your gameplaying. Other times it's not the players fault at all but on most occassions getting killed by martyrdom is bad playing.

r3nu4l wrote: »

As for martyrdom being for gheys and not being skilful...well honestly, in most situations getting killed by martyrdom is completely avoidable...unless you are camping and/or have boxed yourself in, in which case that's a fault of your gameplaying. Other times it's not the players fault at all but on most occassions getting killed by martyrdom is bad playing.

What about when there is sixteen players with martydom playing on Shipment?!

That's the only way to get the spawn campers :)

silvine wrote: »
    What about when there is sixteen players with martydom playing on Shipment?!

What about it? That tell-tale tinkle of the grenade dropping is unmistakable, even amongst the din of other 'nades going off. When you hear it, back away :)

Okay, in that circumstance it is a lot harder, I'll grant you that but some morons seem to get taken out by these things a lot.

Are Claymores also 'ghey' ? I don't think so. I love 'em :pac: I got a great laugh the other night when some guy swore over his mic "Damn! Ni**er, that's the sixth damn motherfu**in' Claymore to kill me!" I couldn't help but think, man to get killed once or twice by a claymore in any game is understandable but six times...that's just stupidity!

That's why getting killed once or twice by martyrdom is kinda understandable but once you know these people are using it you just have to play smarter, be wise to it, adjust your game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Holsten wrote: »

This one.

QFT, anything else is inferior

Advertisement