Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking to lash together a presenting demo, advice?

• 15-06-2008 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

evening guys and girls,

used to work for FM104 and The Rock FM, also used to have my own internet station but unfortunately i've been outta the game for a while and i'm looking to get back into it.

Obviously need a pretty kickass demo to have any chance of getting into the industry again, so can you guys give me a few tips on what an amazing presenting demo is comprised of?

things i SHOULD do and things i SHOULDN'T do would also be helpful!

looking forward to hearing from you all, also- if theres any of you who might have some gigs coming up in the near future (non paid is acceptable;)) i'd love to hear from you!

cheers,

-DanOB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

I suppose the best piece of advice would be not to "lash" it together if you want it to be taken seriously by anyone. Put a bit of time thought and effort into it.

Sorry, had to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Boardsbud wrote: »
    I suppose the best piece of advice would be not to "lash" it together if you want it to be taken seriously by anyone. Put a bit of time thought and effort into it.

Sorry, had to be said.
    did indeed, lash just seems to be my new word haha

No, i do want to put a bit of time and effort into it, if i didnt then i wouldnt have approached all you radio gurus here on boards ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

There have been several threads on this before with a lot of good advice in them. Try searching the forum for "Getting into Radio" "Help with Demo" etc etc.

Advertisement