Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm having a problem with my laptop...maybe...

Options
  • 15-06-2008 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ok so I got a laptop from my cousin for basically free.
    It's a HP NC6000.
    But the catch is he didn't have a charger for it.
    So I took it home and was looking through my things when I found a sony 7.5V charger for a laptop.
    I was excited and plugged it in to the wall and then to the laptop.
    It all the sudden acted like the computer was trying to boot up
    I saw 3 green lights at the top left and 1 green light on the bottom left
    but then all the green lights dissappeared
    and all I saw was 1 orange light and it beeped......

any idea what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

buy a universal laptop charger, look at label,underneath, only use charger that has the exact same voltage,and amps, eg 500ma milliamps and the same polarity.or else buy a charger in a pc store or ebay.ie .polarity is like the plus charge is on the outside or minus ,negative is on the inside of the charge end,round connector .VOLTAGE ,amps should be on label underneath ,or near power in connector.look at hp.com europe uk support for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,918 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

sony into an HP.... probably not going to work.

The reason that happened it would seen is you were using a 7.5V charger: when in fact that laptop requires 18.5V.

It should hopefully still be fine, but dont try that again.

and then buy this somewhere: http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-COMPAQ-LAPTOP-CHARGER-NC6000-NC6100-NC6200-NC8000_W0QQitemZ220236624759QQcmdZViewItem?IMSfp=TL0805191195a14428

I wouldnt trust ebay though. Try getting it direct from HP.

Advertisement