Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on 4X4 and July?

Options
  • 15-06-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

A friend has a 3.0l suv (trailer puller workhorse) which was imported from Northern Ireland, the vrt rate on "Category ‘B’ Vehicles e.g. Car Derived or Jeep Derived Vans" is coming to €1,100 at a VRT rate of 13.3%.

My question is will the July deadline affect this vehicle ie. will "Category ‘B’ Vehicles e.g. Car Derived or Jeep Derived Vans" move to a Co2 based system like private cars or will it remain unaffected?

My reason is my friend has this jeep parked in a shed since last Nov as their is no work for it since the slowdown and if the Co2 rules are going to affect Category B then the VRT for it will go from €1,100 to €2,923 as it spews out 274 g/km putting it in a 36% VRT band instead of 13.3% meaning the jeep should have the VRT paid on it in the next two weeks to avoid getting screwed by the benevolent dictators that are Fianna Fail.

The plan is to VRT it a tax it at €277/year commercial tax as it is a commercial "jeep", 4X4, SUV, whatever :p

Muchos Gracias Amigos :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

To my knowledge (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) commercial vehicles remain unaffected by the VRT/tax changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

peasant wrote: »
    To my knowledge (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) commercial vehicles remain unaffected by the VRT/tax changes.

Great stuff thanks for the info! :) I'll tell my mate ring the VRO still to be doubly sure and post back here with exact details.

Advertisement