Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer Question

Options
  • 15-06-2008 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have had my house up for sale with an auctioneer since Dec '06, since then we have had roughly 6 viewings and not a single bid on the house.

I now want to take the house off the market but want to know roughly what I should expect to pay, we did sign a contract to pay for advertising fees but how much should i expect to pay for MyHome.ie costs ?

Or can I sack the Auctioneer for not doing a proper job over the last 18 months ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I can't answer the question , but I imagine that you can.

You must have signed a contract with the auctioneer when you took them on , within this contract will be the answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Most likely you will be in a no sale no fee arrangement but liable for advertising. You should have agreed an advertising budget at the outset. You will not be able to just sack the auctioneer and walk away. You will be liable for the agreed outlay on advertising. It is open to you to withdraw from the market or switch auctioneer at any time but liability for agreed advertising remains with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Myhome .ie will be about €200 and newspaper advertising isn't cheap. The auctioneer would of had to already of paid this as newspapers don't give 18 months credit. Most house sales are no sale no fee but your are liable for and fees expenses, sale boards.

Just because the house didn't sell doesn't mean its all the auctioneers fault. Was the price too high??, Was there some aspect of the house that prevented the people who viewed the house from purchasing.

As the auctioneer isn't going to get anything for his time or his own expenses, what makes you feel you can sack him and leave him with the debt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Demand receipts for the advertising, many agents charge clients the published rate card for the newspaper but actually pay 75% less than that

Advertisement