Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I bought this ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

MooseJam wrote: »
    and play it on my pc when I go to bed, 5.1 surround speakers , best 10 yoyos I've spent in a long time, put to slumber by the sound of raging wind

http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/wmcstore/WMCshop.cgi?action=dbview&id=EA19&list=category

That would sounds great if it was played through my pillow with speakers in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

SDooM wrote: »
    That would sounds great if it was played through my pillow with speakers in it...

Is that comfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

A pillow with speakers, what will they think of next? :eek:

kowloon wrote: »
    Is that comfortable?

Yup, the speakers are tiny in the middle, but it kind of reverberates out through the material of the pillow!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Reminds me of an old James Bond film, where they programmed their subjects in some alpine resort, with subliminal messages in music.

Just wondering... Having speakers in your pillow... Is that practical when you have company at night, or would you have a spare for emergencies?*

(*Oops! That wasn't me, that was Bad B!ue!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Wind seriously freaks me out. I never sleep when it's windy! :eek:

Honestly how could you people sleep to that? I got nervous just listening to it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

One of the few times i can sleep is in a storm...open the window and just let it do it's thing. The louder the thunder and bigger the lightning the happier i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Thunder and Lightning are great though. I can sleep through them (usually I wouldn't want to though) no bother. But wind terrifies me for some reason.

takola wrote: »
    Wind seriously freaks me out. I never sleep when it's windy! :eek:

Honestly how could you people sleep to that? I got nervous just listening to it! :(

Actually, I love the feeling of being safe inside with a loved one when its stormy outside...

And no, you don't use the pillows "special features" when you have -er-guests.

Dragan wrote: »
    One of the few times i can sleep is in a storm...open the window and just let it do it's thing. The louder the thunder and bigger the lightning the happier i am.

You are exunctly right there. Plus elevnty one!

Once we had ball lightning shoot down the road where I live... wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

SDooM wrote: »
    Actually, I love the feeling of being safe inside with a loved one when its stormy outside...

And no, you don't use the pillows "special features" when you have -er-guests.

So you don't play some Marvin Gaye through it? :confused:

What's the point then? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

this is exactly what i need no idea why i didn't look into this before.

pillow with speakers also on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The wind is spooky!

But I can sleep through the biggest storms, house/car alarms, whatever. Once I'm out, I'm out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

that would do my head in trying to go asleep...was going asleep around 5 this morning but the fecking birds made it so hard!

im angry and nature and its noises>:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

meh.

I can sleep soundly with a full gale blowing on a boat thats rocking and swaying like you can't believe.

I actually sleep better beside a diesel engine going full pelt as long as it's constant.

On the other hand, if there's no noise, the slightest little thing will wake me.

Advertisement