Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAcc in UCD

Options
  • 16-06-2008 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Anyone know (ballpark figure) what the grade requirement for this next year will be?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Just off the phone to Smurfit, he reckons 3.4 might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Just off the phone to Smurfit, he reckons 3.4 might do the trick.

Lower than I figured. I guess alot of people will be happy with that. You're sorted yourself, yeah?

Yeah happy enough,

Aparently they didnt even fill the course last year and the cut off was 62% (old system) wich seems very low.

Well got the offer in the post this morning, so a 3.51 seems to be doing the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I'm wondering, I know of Big 4 companies paying for a Proffessional Diploma in Accounting that exempt students from Proff 2/ CAP1 and thats €7,500.

Have you heard of the Big 4 ever paying for the MAcc? Its €10,900, but exempts them from Proff 3/CAP2 aswell.

• Advertisement

Yeah mines fully paid for (by a big 4)

Plus €2,000 sponsorship
    €500 for books
    and a laptop for the year.

Pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Yeah mines fully paid for (by a big 4)

Plus €2,000 sponsorship
    €500 for books
    and a laptop for the year.

Pretty sweet.
    Seems only natural. Are you Audit or Tax? (Well done btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 aintnosunshine

The big 4 don't pay for all the MACC fees in smurfit cause smurfit kept screwing them around by rising the fees so now they pay 7500,(BDO offer full scholarship for their top interviewees) and laptop and 2500 subsistence. i think for the Mbs it's 7900 so u have to put up a couple hundred yourdelf and i'm nearly sure it covers all for the PDA

Yeah well thats understandable.

It must be nigh impossible for BDO to get good people, hence the good offer. Well know that I think of it actually I prob would have gone there ahead of E&Y, infact I prob would have gone anywhere instead of E&Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Sorry to be necro-threading here, but have a quick question as regard MAcc grade requirements.
    I have a contract with a big 4 for a sponsorsed MAcc in Smurfit. Problem is, it's techinically impossible for me to get a GPA above 3.37. Im fairly certain I'll get a 2.1, which would guarantee me my exemptions and my contract offer in the Big 4, so its not the end of the world if i dont get in, but id really rather do it than start work in September.
    I was told by a former MAcc graduate that they tend to let UCD students with 2.1s in, regardless of GPA, but I kinda doubt that somehow.
    So,my question is, is the GPA requirement for Smurfit immovable or might I get lucky and get in with my 3.1 GPA.
    Also, does anyone know if the DCU Accounting masters has a lower GPA requirement?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 aintnosunshine

I think the cut of for Smurfit last year was about 3.3... Dcu is lower. what college are you currently studyin in

Studying commerce in UCD at the moment. I'd prefer to do the masters in smurfit but dcu wouldn't be the end of the world, it's actually a lot closer to home. Any idea what gpa was required for dcu? I reckon I'll end up with a 3.2. Would that get me I'm anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

whats the deal with applying for the macc, do u leave it until final degree results are out?

You can apply for it already, the DCU closing date is the 10th of July, so you could wait until your exam results are out to apply for that one. I'm not sure of the deadline for Smurfit or any of the rest of them, presume they're all around the same time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NoNamer

Now that the provisional results for UCD are out, has anyone heard any indication of the GPA requirements for the MAcc this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

NoNamer wrote: »
    Now that the provisional results for UCD are out, has anyone heard any indication of the GPA requirements for the MAcc this year?

Wish I knew... worried sick that I won't get in. At one of the open days, they said they were expecting it to be around 3.4 but who knows.

Advertisement