Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lowering car

Options
  • 16-06-2008 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Whats the average cost of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Springs can start @ €200
    what car are you looking to do it on?
    In some cases the shocks have to be replaced aswell so the alternative is to get a set of adjustable coilovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 *Sully*

I'm thinking of lowering a toyota corolla, really have no clue how to do it myself, would a garage totally rip me off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

*Sully* wrote: »
    I'm thinking of lowering a toyota corolla, really have no clue how to do it myself, would a garage totally rip me off?

eh you could get a anyone to do it, you just need spring clamps, a spirit level, and some common sense...

what year/style is the corrolla your doing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

i had mine done yesterday (on an FTO) Springs and shocks set me back about 500yoyo and gave one of the lads 100yoyo to fit them!

if ur gonna do the springs i HIGHLY recommend doin the shocks at the same time! i wasnt gonna bother cause i taut mine were fine.... they werent as great as they could have been!
    Also if u do both at the same time its more comfortable cause if you put new springs on old shocks it wont feel right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

*Sully* wrote: »

I could do it for ya if you're in Cork, or from next week I'll be living in Bray. Springs will usuallt set ya back the bones of 200. Depending on how much you wanna drop it, you might need to get new shocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

can ya use adjustable coilovers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

A good set of coilovers are the best job. A brand like H&R but costly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

Tenzo lowering springs only €150 but are they good?

AmyG wrote: »
    Tenzo lowering springs only €150 but are they good?

They're grand, I have them in my car. Not the best not the worst. They dont give a huge drop though. It is noticeable but doesnt completely slam the car, which is what i wanted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

miss enzo wrote: »
    if ur gonna do the springs i HIGHLY recommend doin the shocks at the same time!

I agree with this. Just about to do the same myself. Have just sourced a nearly new Koni sports suspension for my car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Anyone know of a good garage that would lower a 2005 Audi A4 S-line 30mm? South Dublin.

Anyone know of a good garage that would lower a 2005 Audi A4 S-line 30mm? South Dublin.

I can do it for you. If you wanna get the springs, or i can get them, i dont mind. PM me if you're interested

Advertisement