Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopters & air strikes

• 16-06-2008 7:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

How do you manage yours. (usually I dont have the patience )

If I get my 5 kills I go almost straight for an air strike (I try and wait for a uav and make sure to get at least 2 kills ) and earn my helicopter but I save it. I dont use it in that life.

* Before I use the helicopter I go and attack the enemy head on and kill as many enemy until I get shot.

When I respawn I go back on the attack and when any spawn gets me two or three kills I retreat to safety and send in the helicopter which gaurantees i get another air strike where upoun I immediately release the air strike and usually earn another helicopter.

I save the helicopter and repeat same * till some time when I get shot unintentionally before getting an airstrike or helicopter and have to start all over again from scratch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

A mate of mine does something similar on occasion. I think I saw a name for such a tactic on a board somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Depends on the game type and the number of players tbh. On a 30+ man server, its pretty easy to rack up constant kill streaks, just getting a chopper out becomes a problem. On smaller servers I would use them straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah on the PS3 when I play free-for-all I usually just use my airstrike as soon as possible. It's particularly nice when you still have UAV so you can target the airstrike better to ensure you get a helicopter from it.

Other than that it's best to hide somewhere and bring up the airstrike map and take time to target it to known areas that always have someone running through them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Depends on the game type and the number of players tbh. On a 30+ man server, its pretty easy to rack up constant kill streaks, just getting a chopper out becomes a problem. On smaller servers I would use them straight away.

It does get so busy you can't get a helicopter in or they are shot down by the enemy so that is an immediate setback on a full server. 15 - 20 is perfect.
    r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yeah on the PS3 when I play free-for-all I usually just use my airstrike as soon as possible. It's particularly nice when you still have UAV so you can target the airstrike better to ensure you get a helicopter from it.

Other than that it's best to hide somewhere and bring up the airstrike map and take time to target it to known areas that always have someone running through them.

What i'm getting at is that you can use the airstrikes to get a helicopter and the helicopter to get an airstrike.. and you delibertely get yourself killed with a helicopter saved so that you can continuously rack up an airstrike using your helicopter.
    As you might not be aware the helicopter kills in your name dont count towards an airstrike if you die after calling in your helicopter. That's why i'm saying there is a strategy to continously get airstrikes by staying safe by letting the helicopter do the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

on some servers that have a good few people on them its hard enough to even get to use yur airstrike or heli cuz loads of people have them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

suppafly wrote: »
    on some servers that have a good few people on them its hard enough to even get to use yur airstrike or heli cuz loads of people have them

Aight fly guy wassup, thass is some real shiet ight thear. Iz imposib ta gez them top-guns when thez gangsters smokin so many peeps.
    If yall wait it can happen.

pirelli wrote: »
    helicopter kills in your name dont count towards an airstrike if you die after calling in your helicopter

Cheers, didn't realise this was the case at all. Just thought it was a glitch that sometimes they counted and others they didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Cheers, didn't realise this was the case at all. Just thought it was a glitch that sometimes they counted and others they didn't.

Yep, thanks pirelli, in all my time playing I never even noticed that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

If you playing S&D and the bomb is planted by your team, wait till a few of them are dead and then drop the Airstrike on the planted bomb site. Most if not all the other team try to get here to diffuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I only play S&D on small servers (20 slots max) so I wouldn't get many airstrikes. When I do though, I'm a real pr!ck! I call the airstrike at the very start of the next round at the enemy's spawn area!

I know it's terrible but I don't really care TBH! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Bah, i used to hate it but i do it myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I only play S&D on small servers (20 slots max) so I wouldn't get many airstrikes. When I do though, I'm a real pr!ck! I call the airstrike at the very start of the next round at the enemy's spawn area!

I know it's terrible but I don't really care TBH! :p

I never though to do that!
    Evil but very clever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Mweelrea wrote: »
    I never though to do that!
    Evil but very clever!
    Try it! But you will be hated... :p

Advertisement