Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office 2007 license key + installation

• 16-06-2008 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi folks

I ordered Office Basic 2007 from our supplier recently only to find that the box arrived without an installation cd, it only had the license key enclosed. I'm told that most new pc's come office ready, with an image preinstalled. This pc is not office ready, it was custom built for use on a factory floor.

whats the story then, can I install office on this pc using one of the OEM cds for a dell I have or will those cds only work on that dell. Can I download the installation somewhere?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Microsoft CD/DVD cases have a seal, and cannot be opened without breaking the seal. Your supplier sounds a bit ropey to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

well actually they supplied the box sealed. someone at the office here opened it presuming there was a cd inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You can download the Office 2007 install and use the licence key to activate it.

http://us7.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx?re_ms=oo&culture=en-US

Most of the new software comes as an empty box with a licence key. Did you get a box with a cardboard dvd with instructions on where to download the software?

got the cardboard box with it but it only has a notice to system buidlers and resellers. It says tis product key will not activate volume license or any other boxed copies of 2007 office suites or component appplications.

I'll check out the link anyway.

thanks for the replies

Wonder did you buy an OEM copy or something

• Advertisement

last question..

When i look to download office basic it directs me to the trial download page which has office pro, home, student + standard.

I downloaded standard. If I install this, can I use my Office basic Key to activate the features I'm licensed for i.e. word, exce + Outlook or will it tell me that the key isnt valid as i'm trying to use a office basic key on an office standard installation?

thanks again

I think it will activate the bits you are allowed.. I think!!!

thanks ginger

i'll let you know!

nah didnt work

bah!

Did anything come with the key to tell you where to download.

It sounds like an OEM kit that that you got, which usually means that the person themselves has to have the media or the media is supplied to them via the vendor

• Advertisement

You're right there ginger. the supplier is calling out today to install from their OEM disc.

you;d think they'd have asked if the pc was office ready beforehand!

thanks for your help.

Hate that!

They should have notified you that was the case

Advertisement