Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi all

trying to get a decent quote, Quinn have upped the premium by 50% since last year.

Anyway I'm trying;
    AXA
    Hibernian
    Allianz
    AA
    insure.ie
    FBD

any other companies I should be calling?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

One direct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

sendic wrote: »
    Hi all

trying to get a decent quote, Quinn have upped the premium by 50% since last year.

Anyway I'm trying;
    AXA
    Hibernian
    Allianz
    AA
    insure.ie
    FBD

any other companies I should be calling?

Thanks

have you tried doing an online quote with quinn, cos it usually comes out cheaper, and you ring up and tell them to match it and they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Muppet2006

Try AIB - the insurance is through Hibernian but its cheaper than Hibernian - also you can pay monthly wthout being charged interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Try 30plus.ie, i got a good quote off them. I got a quote for my brother (26) and it was cheaper than his renewal (with Quinn) by about €200.

Worth a look anyway. Let us know how you get on.

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

thanks for all the help folks.

heres how it worked out. The policy is for my mother, retired, 70s, lives in a country town, car in driveway, 99 306 1.4L(value 2k euro), immobilizer, no claims for 9 years. She wants an open driving policy

Quinn (our current insurers) last year 309, this year 456. the website brought the price down to 380 but the lady i called on the phone said they would not match my lowest quote (allianz, below)

axa: 439 comp, 363 3PFT
    Hibernian: 470 comp 425 3PFT
    Allianz: 355 comp 342 3PFT
    AAIreland 422 comp 359 3PFT
    FBD: 445 comp 355 3PFT
    One Direct 420 comp
    Zurich: 400 comp

30plus.ie (or 25plus.ie as they go by now) would not offer an open driving policy but did offer a comp policy for 299 with me (29yr student, full licence no claims for 9 years) as a name driver

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

try arrann in Harolds Cross, my GF is only paying €299 fully comp on a 1.6 civic (2004 model)

ph : 01-4782020

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Are you a bloke?
    If so then adding your GF / partner to the policy often brings the premium down.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Quinn upped my premium this year as well. The lowest quote I got elsewhere was with Tesco (which is operated by Hibernian but funnily enough a lot cheaper than Hibernian themselves).

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

I had the same problem with quinn......i've since gone over to allianz which was way cheaper

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Try EagleStar, they don't do online quotes, you need to ring them. My last year's renewal quote from Quinn was 659 (third party fire & theft), and got it through EagleStar for 333 fully comp. Also I found BestQuote.ie very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Britton Insurance (Brokers in Donegal) http://www.brittoninsurance.com - quoted me under half what Hibernian proposed €416 (fully comp) on '96 2.0lt GT Celica

Advertisement