Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trading in 360 for PS3

• 16-06-2008 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    As you can see from the title I looking to trade in my 6 month old 360 with 6games (Incl Halo, Halo 2 Halo 3, Gears of War, Assasains Creed,Racing game, Pinyata game , 2 wireless conoles and Wireless network adapter against a PS 3.

Love the games but the freaking noise of the fan and disk spin sounds like I have a hairdryer going costantly.

Of course the GF will kill me cause she bought it for me as a Xmas present :rolleyes:

Just wondering where would I get the best deal for something like this?

Mod: If this is the wrong forum please move

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

I'd say under penalty of death from the other half, keep it. Hell hath no fury...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

You'll get bored of the PS3 in a month or two when you realise there are no good games for it barring a few...... I know I did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Hold on a minute, your trading a console in because of the way it sounds?

Sure thats one of the 360s biggest cons but if your that picky you are going to be very disappointed with the PS3. I have both and prefer the Xbox by a country mile over the PS3. Thats mainly because of XBL and the Joypad though.

In relation to your question, id reckon gamestop would give you the best deal out of all the retailers. I think only them and game accept console trade in deals, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Don't do it! I know it's noisy but is it really that bad? Rumour has it there'll be a new (possibly quieter Xbox) out later this year. Can you not hold on?

When I traded my PS3 for an Xbox ( a great day) Gamestop gave me the best deal. Try them or put and add on adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Ok ok maybe I haven t given it a chance, I still havent got my head around XBL, in fact myself and my nephew tried to play Halo 3 over XBL and couldnt figure it out.

I ll try Game and Gamestop just to see what I could posibly get if I did trade in and in the mean time try and sort out XBL to see what I can do.

Thanks for all your help with this guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

Check out how lound the ps3 is, Im not sure but I think I have seen a few people say its noisy too, might be wrong though. Dont forget some xboxs are louder than others, it depends on the drive, maybe it would be worth looking into an exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Nah the PS3 drive isnt loud at all. The 360s were just shoddingly made to rush into the market ahead of Sony. What they lack in reliability, they make up in software (all forms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

If the fan noise is bothering you, then turn the volume up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Hi All,
    Love the games but the freaking noise of the fan and disk spin sounds like I have a hairdryer going costantly.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe your trading in a console because of the fans? Its not like they are a jumbo jet.....

If you have a wireless controller move the console away from you, under a desk or behind the tv or something....

And give XBL a chance... thats the best part :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

XBOX 360 > PS3 for games

and that my friend is what its all about

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

OP, if it's silence your after get yourself a PS3.

Mine is absolutely impossible to hear, from a noise point of
    view it's the best console ever.

This is probably due to the fact that I never turn it on as my 360 does
    everything my PS3 can do better - apart from play blu-rays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you're having trouble getting a game online, post up some details and I'm sure someone can help you out, or drop me a PM and I'll try to help. For instance, did he invite you, what happened, did you get any errors?

Right now, trading in a 360 for a PS3 makes no sense at all (IMHO of course).

Advertisement