Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH: Traveler Bride Vs JigSawGirl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I was away for much of the weekend. I'm sure when I go through the Reported Posts there'll be some from every whinger here...
    peasant wrote: »
    But the wedding thread in my opinion is an absolute train wreck, full of racist and derogatory remarks.

Some moderators seem to be blind when travellers are concerned.
    Name them.
    I'm look through the thread for AH bans in the Moderators forum. There are plenty of bans in there, a lot of which are for anti-traveller crap. I haven't even looked through the Infractions forum. Maybe you'd like to do this before making accusations?
    (You might notice one or two more now - retrospective infractions.)

The behaviour of some users in the Traveler Wedding thread disgusts me; I can offer no excuse for it being tolerated. They will be dealt with.
    As for the actual subject matter being tolerated more than the JigsawGirl matter? The 'Traveler Wedding' was about photographs and event that was released to the public, inviting comment on the wedding and participants. JigsawGirl offered an opinion on politics, I don't think she signed a release form to have her photo used on hotornot.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

If JigSaw girl had the whole bebo thing going on I'd say her right to anonymity kind of went out the window too.

Still being a mod you are damned if you do and likewise if you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

stevec wrote: »
    Why are ye having a go at Dudess?

Because they've got a horn on for their jigsaw girl thread and can't let it go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

6th wrote: »
    Because Dudess deleted the JigSawGirl thread and then posted in the thread were the travelers were being slagged off. She even defended the thread and the slagging of the traveler bride by thanking Thaeds post above.

In fairness, most of the 'racist' crap went on after she posted.

I missed the jigsawgirl thread:( so I can't really comment on how they compare. There must have been a good reason for deleting it - maybe the decision came from higher up on the ladder?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

stovelid wrote: »
    Because they've got a horn on for their jigsaw girl thread and can't let it go.

Just cause you weren't involved :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Karoma wrote: »
    Name them.
    The behaviour of some users in the Traveler Wedding thread disgusts me; I can offer no excuse for it being tolerated. They will be dealt with.

Name them yourself, I'm not on a witch hunt.

All I can say is that I reported that thread yesterday at 4 in the afternoon after those really nasty "jokes" appeared and that nothing happened until this here thread was created.

So, some AH moderators (those on duty between then and now) chose to let it run ...which led my to my remark.

Simplicity wrote: »
    If JigSaw girl had the whole bebo thing going on I'd say her right to anonymity kind of went out the window too.

Still being a mod you are damned if you do and likewise if you don't.

What happens on Bebo should stay the **** on Bebo.
    Unfortunately, that's not the case... but I don't see why we should facilitate insulting an individual with a Bebo page for no reason other than a stalkerish Boardsie asked about her. It seems...unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I was away for much of the weekend. I'm sure when I go through the Reported Posts there'll be some from every whinger here....

Nice.

People making genuine comment and feedback are "whingers". So you dont agree with the complaints (or whinges) and you support the thread in question fully? Please clarify this.
    Name them.

I'll name Dudess as being guilty of being "blind when travellers are concerned" as peasant said above. And I'll stand by my accusation as the proof speaks for itself.

Dealt with now the thread has been highlighted in feedback? Would have it been dealth with if 6th had not brought the issue here?

If you say the "behaviour of some users in the Traveler Wedding thread disgusts me" how can you call the people commenting here "whingers"?

peasant wrote: »
    Name them yourself, I'm not on a witch hunt.

So, some AH moderators (those on duty between then and now) chose to let it run ...which led my to my remark.
    Name them myself? you made the accusation. Quit beating around the bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Unfortunately, that's not the case... but I don't see why we should facilitate insulting an individual with a Bebo page for no reason other than a stalkerish Boardsie asked about her. It seems...unfair.

Fair enough but do you have an insight as to why that threqad would be locked and deleted as soon as a mod saw it and the same treatment wasnt used on the other thread?

• Advertisement

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Nice.

People making genuine comment and feedback are "whingers". So you dont agree with the complaints (or whinges) and you support the thread in question fully? Please clarify this.
    It's not aimed at the people 'making genuine comment and feedback'. It's the whingers who whinge in Feedback but never do anything constructive.

I'll name Dudess as being guilty of being "blind when travellers are concerned" as peasant said above. And I'll stand by my accusation as the proof speaks for itself.
    Meh. She's a big girl, I'll let her explain her own stance.

Dealt with now the thread has been highlighted in feedback? Would have it been dealth with if 6th had not brought the issue here?
    As soon as it caught my attention, yes. It would have meant when I got 5 minutes to read through AH, or the Reported Posts I've missed in the last few days. So, yes. It would have.

If you say the "behaviour of some users in the Traveler Wedding thread disgusts me" how can you call the people commenting here "whingers"?
    As above.

ED: 6th, unlike one or two people in this thread, I'm not going to string together some bull****, but rather let Dudess explain.
    In fairness to Dudess, I doubt she was the only moderator around at the time...

Thanks for the reply Karoma.
    Meh. She's a big girl, I'll let her explain her own stance..

I'll look forward to hearing that. If she comes here to explain her stance that is ...
    As soon as it caught my attention, yes. It would have meant when I got 5 minutes to read through AH, or the Reported Posts I've missed in the last few days. So, yes. It would have.

Fair enough.

But does this mean that you would not have allowed the thread to progress if you had seen it this weekend?

I'm not attacking you in any way ... I'm just asking for clarification on your opinions and how you personaly would have moderated the thread in question.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Those pictures are completely in the public domain, so fair game I would of thought. I'd say we are only marginally adding to the worldwide aggregate mockery levels.

As for them being travelers; I think the fact that they such is largely irrelevant. Its the fact that the persons in question were wearing eye cancer inducing apparel. They could have been anyone from any community (scarey thought that). You might as well state that the pictures should be removed on the grounds that they discriminate against those without a sense of fashion (or ocular health for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Name them myself? you made the accusation. Quit beating around the bush.

I have no interest in naming individual moderators and no inclination on checking up on which AH moderator was or wasn't on shift.
    Sort it out "in house", if you must.

All I can say is that there was my reported post and another one (about the Jordan issue) later, both of which left the thread unaffected until this feedback thread was created.

In light of this I think it is fair to say that some moderators seem to be blind when it comes to travellers.

Who exactly they were or weren't doesn't really matter (not to me, anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Maximilian wrote: »
    Those pictures are completely in the public domain, so fair game I would of thought. I'd say we are only marginally adding to the worldwide aggregate mockery levels.)

Does that mean that anyone who has posted a pick on one of the KYN type threads should be allowed to have a thread taking the piss out of them here.

As far as I can see from the 2nd marriage thread most of the pictures where hosted on image shack which is hardly suggests that the pics where posted for publicities sake

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

jsb wrote: »
    Does that mean that anyone who has posted a pick on one of the KYN type threads should be allowed to have a thread taking the piss out of them here.

As far as I can see from the 2nd marriage thread most of the pictures where hosted on image shack which is hardly suggests that the pics where posted for publicities sake

Well, as far as photos go here, you can always take it down later if you like. I think if someone started a thread taking the piss, it would probably count as personal abuse. Perhaps its double standards but as far as I know, those pictures have done the rounds all over the internet. The "damage" has been done. It's a fair point though JSB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

What happens on Bebo should stay the **** on Bebo.

True.

I am just remarking that if you decided to plaster youself on the Internet in any fashion, you are pretty much publishing yourself and giving your pics etc to all a sunder.

I am not disagreeing with the thread being deleted. As I said being a mod at times you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Considering the OP had no intention of the thread "going there" and is happy for it to be deleted I think Dudess has nothing to worry about. So what if a few users think it was a great laugh.

/goes to poker table

Maximilian wrote: »
    Those pictures are completely in the public domain, so fair game I would of thought.

I would have thought aswell but the difference between the 2 thread as far as I see it is tha in the 2nd thread the traveler community is being slagged as a whole.

ED: 6th, unlike one or two people in this thread, I'm not going to string together some bull****, but rather let Dudess explain.
    In fairness to Dudess, I doubt she was the only moderator around at the time...

Fair play.

I'll wait for Dudess and I understand she wasnt the only mod about just she seems to have done the modding on both threads or at least the modding I'm wondering about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

jsb wrote: »

I uploaded them to imageshack, they were forwarded to me in an email so God only knows where they originated, be it someones picture folder on their personal computer or Ok Magazines website.

However, I'll add, the OP was looking for some seemingly well known/published pictures of a travellers wedding, I posted them thinking it could be the same one (and from what I read, there's other threads on the wedding elsewhere on Boards) so...meh..

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    I uploaded them to imageshack, they were forwarded to me in an email so God only knows where they originated, be it someones picture folder on their personal computer or Ok Magazines website.

Interesting to see you've changed your opinion on the publishing of personal data on boards.ie.

Surprising that, as you argued so passionately against those who did the exact same thing in the recent surfing debate.

But what you did is ok because they are only dirty knackers, right?

Well both threads are deleted now so at the very least we have some consistancy. Cats?

Interesting to see you've changed your opinion on the publishing of personal data on boards.ie.

Surprising that, as you argued so passionately against those who did the exact same thing in the recent surfing debate.

But what you did is ok because they are only dirty knackers, right?
    Wow you fail at trolling so much.

Rb wrote: »
    Wow you fail at trolling so much.

And you are an idiot.

Even this lego man thinks so. Tell rb what he is legoman ...

idiot.gif

And you are an idiot.

idiot.gif

Reported for personal abuse.

Its a pity you have to resort to it.

And you are an idiot.

idiot.gif
    fail2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

lolcat.jpg

PRIVACY.jpg

lolcatsdotcomq0sgjxfx758rcuy9.jpg

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »
    Reported for personal abuse.