Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH: Traveler Bride Vs JigSawGirl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

If I squint real hard I can make privacy cats face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lol at the thread she created on Helpdesk.

Someone has far too much time on their hands it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol 'Feedback - The Official 6th/RB Love In'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

/sings

And I ask you friends, whats a boardsie to do?

Because my thread was great, and I haven't a clue.

So I took it here, and I gave it a twirl

Cos they killed my thread about a Jig-saw-Girl....:mad:

*not great I know but better than cats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Rb wrote: »
    Lol at the thread she created on Helpdesk.

Someone has far too much time on their hands it seems.

Interesting that you are laughing at a serious thread about potentially posting pictures from someones hard drive without their permission. I would consider that to be a very serious issue.

Remember its the Internet and thus serious business.

I'm not surprised at your attitude based on some of your past "contributions" to this site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Karoma wrote: »
    It's not aimed at the people 'making genuine comment and feedback'. It's the whingers who whinge in Feedback but never do anything constructive.

Of which there are a plentiful supply. Unfortunately.
    Karoma wrote: »
    Meh. She's a big girl

What not to say about a wimmins, example one :eek:

Maximilian wrote: »
    Those pictures are completely in the public domain, so fair game I would of thought. I'd say we are only marginally adding to the worldwide aggregate mockery levels.

I'd agree, were that the case. Unfortunately, it seems they did not originate on imageshack. (If they did, or were lifted from bebo, then my last sentence is irrelevant).
    Maximilian wrote: »
    As for them being travelers; I think the fact that they such is largely irrelevant. Its the fact that the persons in question were wearing eye cancer inducing apparel. They could have been anyone from any community (scarey thought that). You might as well state that the pictures should be removed on the grounds that they discriminate against those without a sense of fashion (or ocular health for that matter)

Spot on. I don't care about their background.
    Gandalf23 wrote: »
    And you are an idiot.

Even this lego man thinks so. Tell rb what he is legoman ...

Well done. You just negated whatever point you had in the first place.
    stevec wrote: »
    There are 6 other AH mods who also chose not to close / delete it.

Two of which, unfortunately, rarely close or delete anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

RB... have you been sneaking into caravans in the dead of night and copying peoples hard drives again?

Interesting that you are laughing at a serious thread about potentially posting pictures from someones hard drive without their permission. I would consider that to be a very serious issue.

I'm not surprised at your attitude based on some of your past "contributions" to this site.
    Serious thread?

We've seen in the past you've some little problem with me so you're just leaping at some bizarre opportunity to see if you can get me screwed over. If you're actually looking for people to treat you seriously, you're really going to have to change your attitude and give up on the awful attempts to troll on feedback, tbh.

RB... have you been sneaking into caravans in the dead of night and copying peoples hard drives again?

Well, it looks like the jig is up..

*drops smoke bomb and runs*

muhahahaha

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Wut? He's taking them from someone's actual hard drive? Rb is a burglar or hacker now?

Gandalf23, you're not doing yourself any favours here by the way. Gandalfs 1-22 inclusive could have told you that.

• Advertisement

Regarding pictures, isn't it a case that they belong to whoever took the picture, and not of the person in them? Isn't that how the paparazzi work?

Serious thread?

We've seen in the past you've some little problem with me so you're just leaping at some bizarre opportunity to see if you can get me screwed over. If you're actually looking for people to treat you seriously, you're really going to have to change your attitude and give up on the awful attempts to troll on feedback, tbh.

I think a few people around here have a problem with you.

The sad thing is that you dont seem to know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

To be honest those photos would probably have to have been "published" at some stage for RB to have gotten them to publish here.

Screams public domain to me.

I think a few people around here have a problem with you.

The sad thing is that you dont seem to know why.
    No no, what you have to realise is that I don't care why. I think nothing of those who voice their silly little problems with me, they all end up being moronic trolls at the end of the day, not posters I respect and/or have previously respected.
    Gandalfs 1-22 inclusive could have told you that.

Looks like no.23 could be the runt of the litter tbh :p

No no, what you have to realise is that I don't care why. I think nothing of those who voice their silly little problems with me, they all end up being moronic trolls at the end of the day, not posters I respect and/or have previously respected.

So everyone who disagrees with you is a "moronic troll"?

And you wonder why so many people here dislike you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Regarding pictures, isn't it a case that they belong to whoever took the picture, and not of the person in them? Isn't that how the paparazzi work?

From what I can gather, yes.

That said, were they not on the net in the first place (and chances are they were, if they have been circulating via email), then uploading them is not the best of ideas :)

Bloody hilarious, and I LOL'ed, but still...

I might have restraint, and you might, but the masses won't.

So everyone who disagrees with you is a "moronic troll"?

And you wonder why so many people here dislike you :D
    So many people? I wouldn't call the 6 or so morons "so many", considering the sheer amount of users there are on this site.

And I don't refer to them as moronic trolls because they disagree with my opinions, I refer to them as moronic trolls simply because they are indeed, moronic trolls.

Though, I don't really need to explain myself to you, of all people, now do I?

That said, were they not on the net in the first place (and chances are they were, if they have been circulating via email), then uploading them is not the best of ideas :)

Careful there roundy ... anyone who disagrees with rb is a "moronic troll" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

stevec wrote: »
    /sings

And I ask you friends, whats a boardsie to do?

Because my thread was great, and I haven't a clue.

So I took it here, and I gave it a twirl

Cos they killed my thread about a Jig-saw-Girl....:mad:

*not great I know but better than cats

That's some stuff there.

I'd say you could be in line for a Meteor.

So many people? I wouldn't call the 6 or so morons "so many", considering the sheer amount of users there are on this site.

And I don't refer to them as moronic trolls because they disagree with my opinions, I refer to them as moronic trolls simply because they are indeed, moronic trolls.

Though, I don't really need to explain myself to you, of all people, now do I?

Would you care to clarify who exactly you are calling "morons"?

If you have the balls that is.

Could you also support the accusation that they are "moronic trolls" and provide evidence of same.

Or are you just talking out of your arse again?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

will you two just **** already and get it over with

From what I can gather, yes.

Indeed. The fact that it had came to me via email, which had came through an office full of people I don't know, would have lead me to believe it was well published at this stage. The OP was asking for pictures from what appeared to be a well published wedding (which someone also mentioned had appeared on Boards before) so I gave it a shot :)

:)

This is true.

will you two just **** already and get it over with
    You can have her Mordeth, far too angry an individual for my liking :pac:

The question I have is would the threads have been deleted if those in the photographs had been painted purely in a positive light? I.e. if Jigsaw girl was seen as the next Miss Ireland or if the traveller family were deemed as style icons would we still have this thread and complaints about privacy? I very much doubt it.

Jigsaw girl would have gotten a comment on her bebo saying how cool it was that all these people thought she was hot. The issue was only raised about the publication of the photos because there were negative comments, not because they were published.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The question I have is would the threads have been deleted if those in the photographs had been painted purely in a positive light? I.e. if Jigsaw girl was seen as the next Miss Ireland or if the traveller family were deemed as style icons would we still have this thread and complaints about privacy? I very much doubt it.

Jigsaw girl would have gotten a comment on her bebo saying how cool it was that all these people thought she was hot. The issue was only raised about the publication of the photos because there were negative comments, not because they were published.

Indeed. I think the thread where people post hot girls bebos serves as proof of this. It appears the only time an issue arises is when someone has something negative to say.

However, in fairness to that JigsawGirl thread, only one or two people made negative comments about the girl. I think if someone makes a Bebo and leaves it public, it's fair game for posting wherever and whenever tbh. If they only want to share their photos/whatever with their friends, they can make it private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Dinter wrote: »
    To be honest those photos would probably have to have been "published" at some stage for RB to have gotten them to publish here.

Screams public domain to me.
    Uh, no. Just because something is on the internet doesn't make it public domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I haven't seen the pictures to know what they are like, but in the event of them being a commissioned work, then apparently not (I had thought as much myself, but was "corrected"* some time back on the Legal Discussion forum).

*In case said information appears to be incorrect.

Uh, no. Just because something is on the internet doesn't make it public domain.

True, an image can be copyrighted to a company i.e. if I wanted to use the Jigsaw girl pic in an article I'd need permission off the Beeb as their photographer took it. Wouldn't need the permission of the person though I'm pretty sure, once they consented to the pic being taken.

You can have her Mordeth, far too angry an individual for my liking :pac:

And you can have him because he has no balls.

And he is racist. And makes statements he cant support. And talks out of his arse. And tells pregnant women he hopes they fall down stairs and lose the baby. And hopes children get raped and their parents die. And has double standards. And is disliked by (amazingly, according to himself :D) at least 6 boards users!!!

And is a coward and a bully.

Unlike rb, I can support and provide proof of everything I have said.

This is in direct contrast to rb who cant support anything he says because he is talking out of his arse again.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen the pictures to know what they are like, but in the event of them being a commissioned work, then apparently not (I had thought as much myself, but was "corrected"* some time back on the Legal Discussion forum).

*In case said information appears to be incorrect.

Yes.

You are legally correct in both cases.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement