Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH: Traveler Bride Vs JigSawGirl

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

must have been a moderator
    or perhaps had a vendetta

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

stovelid wrote: »
    If not exactly a 'hissy fit', this all just comes across as some weird vendetta because your first thread was deleted, tbh.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused: How was it 'his' thread? I'm not even sure if he posted in it.

Yeah I didnt start the thread so I had no attachment to it apart from the fact that I (like lots of other posters) found it very funny. I actually found the closing of it almost as funny and really am not that pushed about the deletion. My only problem was the difference in treatment between the 2 threads that had a fair few similarities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused: How was it 'his' thread? I'm not even sure if he posted in it.

Seeing as it has been deleted, no other mod has elected to revive it and the OP has disowned it, I would say it's very much his thread at this stage?

Seeing as it has been deleted, no other mod has elected to revive it and the OP has disowned it, I would say it's very much his thread at this stage?

stovelid ... STFU trying to make this about me. Was there inconsistancy in the moderation of the threads when I made this thread? Yes. Has it since been resolved? Yes.

Now, would you like a 8"x10" signed glossy of me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

6th wrote: »
    Now, would you like a 8"x10" signed glossy of me?

Only if you increase that liquify effect.....

• Advertisement

Only if you increase that liquify effect.....

It may cause you to have a slight liquifying effect around the general crotch area .... but the good kind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

all moderators will react to posts and threads according to their own position on elements that are contained in those posts. That is human nature, you will never have fully unbiased moderators simply because they are not robots, they're people who have their own problems, prejudices and outlooks on life.

I only read the thread between it being locked and it being deleted so didn't report posts, but I'm constantly amazed by the number of juvenile keyboard warriors that come out to play and think they're "cool" by beating down on a person/ethic group/race/idea or whatever, it's like being back in the schoolyard at times.

There are threads that will be left open longer than they should be because of prejudice and the nature of moderators here, i.e. they are voluntary and have jobs therefore a "I was busy in work and only got to review it later at which point I took action" will always have to be taken at face value. The thread itself just proved that respect and dignity are proving beyond more and more of our growing population, and this is far from unique to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

peasant wrote: »
    Fact of the matter is, the tread in question was let live in all its vileness for hours on end and somehow slipped through the net. Be the actual reasons for that understaffing or undercaring of individual mods doesn't really matter either.

That thread shouldn't have been there.

I have no intention of analising how it happend and how it won't happen again ..that's for you AH mods to figure out (or not as the case may be)
    That thread shouldn't have been there?
    Talk to the person who put it there in the first place then.
    The thread was split from one in the Weddings forum and moved to AH.
    On behalf of all the AH mods, I would like to personally apologise to you for the fact that the thread was not immediately deleted.
    Call around to my house and I'll apologise further by giving you head.

Rb wrote: »
    Regarding the Travellers thread, imo it started off fine. I think the comments regarding their smell crossed the line, but there's nothing wrong with poking fun about the outfits some people were wearing at a wedding, regardless of their background.
    Of course there is nothing wrong in laughing at the outfits people wear to weddings.
    The difference here was that quite a few people took it way too far.
    I would have banned Thaedydal for her comment had I seen it before the thread was deleted.

I wasnt being snide. I suspected you might have ignored this thread and tbh I wouldnt have blamed you, some folk have been bitchy about you in this thread but I really dont think I am one of them. My points have been about the modding, not the mod.
    Again, head will be available to all those upset that the thread was not deleted immediately.

Did I start this thread after the JigSawGirl thread was deleted or did I start it after an obvious consistancy in moderating?
    I assume you mean inconsistency.
    We're not all here 24 hours a day and sometimes can only check on reported posts.
    Seeing as how you decided not to report the posts and instead resorted to a feedback thread instead, I must withdraw my apology and my offer of head.

Terry wrote: »
    Seeing as how you decided not to report the posts and instead resorted to a feedback thread instead, I must withdraw my apology and my offer of head.

To go back to my original post:
    So the JigSawGirl thread was deleted because of the pictures posted of the girl, insults were posted and details being given out? Now we have a thread which has pictures of a wedding, where the wedding was held, comments made about the smell of travelers, name of brides ... and its left open?

I have no problem with either thread (so no I havent reported posts) but I do think its weird that one gets deleted and the other doesnt. Maybe its because JigSawGirl looked innocent so someone presumed she needed protection and the Traveler Bride and her entourage .... well .... you know.

So, double standards? Would the thread only get deleted if we posted the Traveler Brides bebo page?

See I had no problem with either thread but was curious as to why they were treated differently by the same mod. Since starting this thread the second thread has received the same treatment as the first (deleted) so the iinconsistancy I was asking about no longer exists.

We all happy?

So do I just put "Terry's House, Confey" into the GPS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yes! Finally, something on this thread worth reading.
    /Grabs map, looks for Terry's house

I would have banned Thaedydal for her comment had I seen it before the thread was deleted.
    Glad to hear that, it was incredibly misinformed, childish, trolling twaddle!

MOD WAR!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think we should all let go of our anger and make love.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

So do I just put "Terry's House, Confey" into the GPS?

guesswhereug5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Dudess wrote: »
    I think we should all let go of our anger and make love.

I'll be home on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sorted. Everyone: nekkid time is Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

No it's not, it's right now.

Are you? ..... are you WATCHING me?

Ok, I wanted to make a contribution to this yesterday but I was very tired due to a self inflicted illness :p. Ok here we go.

Firstly, 6th is right about the double standards that are being set but there are numerous reasons to why they have to be set. The Jigsaw thread was great for many reasons & I loved it butthere was a serious chance that someone outside Boards.ie was going to be affected by it and thats why it had to be closed along with the OP's wish for it to be closed.

The thread about the travellers was fine at the start and when RB posted those random pictures people got a laugh out of it. This happens alot on the internet you see. People make posts,threads & send e-mails with random people in them for the sake of laughter etc. Alot of the people in these pictures don't know they are being taken advantage of for the sake of laughter and that is one of the beauties of it. In my honest opinion it was left up too long & a whole race/community of people were abused by a number of people. I am not going to lie and say I didn't find some of the comments funny as I near pissed myself at some of them but it does show double standards to why it was left open for so many comments to be made while the next thread im going to discuss was closed almost immediately.

I more then anyone probably remember the Roma thread as I got an infraction for making a comment that was supposed to be a joke but alot of people took offense to it. I deserved the infraction and I apologised for it. That thread was closed soon after unlike the travellers thread that was aloud to stay open for some time & in that time period alot of comments were made that shouldn't have been made about their smell etc.

I don't want to have a go at any of the AH mods as they obviously do what they think is right at the time and im sure they were hesitant about closing another popular although offensive thread after they closed the Jigsaw one a few days ago.

Gandalf why hijack a feedback thread to get at someone that you obviously don't like? Some of the comments you've made have made you out to be a total tit to be honest.
    Gandalf23 wrote: »
    I will never PM you. Never ever. You made accusations on thread, answer them on thread.
    I lol'd

This isn't the plains in Lord of the Rings ''Gandalf'', its a popular internet forum. I honestly think you are getting a hard on with all this arguing(Add Gandalf to your sig RB, hes in that bush with Jigsaw). RB has upset you in the past which is obvious, we are all grown ups here(well mostly) - get over it. If you cant, go watch another 8 hour session of LOTR. Im sure that will cheer you up :p .

I'd conclude with saying that im disapointed that the Jigsaw thread couldn't stay up as it was so very funny & alot of us enjoyed it. Threads like that rejuvenate forums like AH & alot of people left comments to that affect. So it really is a pity for people who didn't see it and for future boardsies not to see it.

Can we at least have Call me Jimmy's hard worked quotes back? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Actually it was last night in Cork.

• Advertisement

Are you? ..... are you WATCHING me?

Think ceiling cat, with less hair.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Actually it was last night in Cork.

Were you there too?

<.<

>.>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Were you there too?

<.<

>.>

Lol no! Wish I was though, looked like great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Get a room tbh.

I have a room! I'm in the Petra hotel in Rome. :) now what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

tbh wrote: »
    I have a room! I'm in the Petra hotel in Rome. :) now what?
    Get off the internet and enjoy the beauty that is Rome?! :D

Rb wrote: »
    Get off the internet and enjoy the beauty that is Rome?! :D

just getting a bit of dinner before going out to watch the match. the class I'm teaching has French, Italian and Romanian guys - things are going to be INTERESTING tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭reregholdsworth

having played some part in the jigsaw stalker thread I would like to add that that girl's bebo is no longer public on bebo. She obviously found out about it and was not very happy about what she imagined to have been going on.
    Understandably so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement