Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Drop Down Box - VBA

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi, I need help with VBA. I want to display this drop down box in a form, not a spreadsheet. I want the user to open excel, hide the spreadsheet, just display a form, with a dropdown box for surname, a drop down for organisation, and a drop down for positions. This allows a spreadsheet to list all the detail based on the users selection, i.e. view all people named Noel, or view all CEOs within the DB, or view all personell asociated with Company X. 3 choices, 3 dropdown boxes, 2 buttons (search & exit).

Any suggestions....?

Noel:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Just add the drop downs to excel (in Excel 2007 its in the Developer tab) and then set some VBA code against the onSelect methods and off you go

Alternatively, you could use a query and have the dropdown type as lists

Advertisement