Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

boyfriend lost car keys!

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

hey anybody know what i should do, boyfriend lost car keys for my 99 nissan micra.
    rang locksmiths (cuineens, cork) but the said they would be unable to do anything because the key is chiped, rang a dealer but have to get car towed to them (good 20 miles away!) any other alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Perhaps it would be enough to give the dealer the details of the car.
    Do they have a record of you buying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tallulah_crack

unfortunatly not, car was bought privately

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hey anybody know what i should do, boyfriend lost car keys for my 99 nissan micra
    Place boyfriend in one of these!

torture1fn31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Note the chassis number and take it to a main dealer with some personal ID and the car registration document to show that you own it. They should be able to supply keys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Place boyfriend in one of these!
    LOL

and 'lose' the key;)

/back on topic

OP, I think the only option is to get it to the dealer.
    Make sure you bring ownership documents to prove it's yours.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

This is a simple job.Call all your local locksmiths and ask them do they have AD100 key programmer machine.Dealer should be able to supply key code.Total cost 95 to 120 and car is back on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

This happen to a guy i know

Just had to go to the dealer and bring the reg number and ID and they gave the code of the car to get a new key!

Then up to a locksmiths and got the key cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Call someone from around the Northside of the city.. They will have it opened and started in around a minute no problem :D

Advertisement