Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non competitive cycling clubs

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi,

Just posting on behalf of my sister, she mentioned yesterday that she would like to join a cycling club but that any she has looked into are all quite competitive. I think she would just like a group that went for a cycles for a few hours at the weekend without trying to out do each other or without training for a race.

I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of a club or group like this and I could pass it on to her.

Cheers
    LL

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Most clubs cater for non-racers as well and often have slower training spins for those who don't want to be slugging it out. My advice would be to contact the local club and tell them what she's interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

A cycling Club usually has a Touring group that goes out on Saturdays or Sundays for a few hours which a tea stop half way. Contact your local club and ask them. They don't dawdle along but keep a steady non-competitive pace to suit everyone which improves your cycling.

I think there's a Sunday spin for beginners my club in Swords (www.swordscc.com) if that suits you geographically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

If she's based in Dublin, she can always join our (getting more) famous Saturday Spins -we're most definately non-competitive on here, and it's just a nice spin out on a Saturday. I'll usually put up a post about it on here on a Thursday or Friday giving times and meet points (usually 10am at the Harolds Cross Dog Track and 10.15 under the Luas Bridge in Dundrum)

We're not a club (at the moment), but I find it's a good way to ride in a bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

My club has steady training spins every Saturday and Sunday and has a large ladies section http://www.braywheelers.com

Advertisement