Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

White spirit to remove tar?

Options
  • 16-06-2008 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I've generally found most Tar removers expensive and crap. Tried white spirit on a small area (of the wifes car!) yesterday, very effective, much more so than anything else I've tried, is this stuff bad to use? I certainly didn't notice any harm to the car, nothing came off but the tar!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

White spirit can and does affect certain paints, you'd want to be very careful.

Petrol and the old WD40 also works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Petrol works a treat... havent heard of it damaging paintwork... Would be best to give the car a good wax/polish afterwards..

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

bbam wrote: »
    Petrol works a treat... havent heard of it damaging paintwork... Would be best to give the car a good wax/polish afterwards..
    Petrol goes in the tank! :p

Use the petrol with caution, its VERY expensive!

Advertisement